AI Qualifying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IGEM, Nov 16, 2021.

1. anno900

anno900 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    As you can see Keke was in race one nearly 2 seconds faster. And here the race results.
    upload_2021-11-23_15-43-46.png

In race 1 I started 7th and finished 8, about 1.5 seconds behind 7th. With reversed grid I started R2 1st. I was not that much of a road block for AI but you see that their fasted lap times in more or less packed racing was way slower than in R1. But 2 seconds difference at the same track with same AI level and same parameters is quite interessting as it is a quite big differencde on a one and a half minute lap.

2. Fairman

Fairman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that the AI (adaptive) is adapting my pace the moment I manage to get up front (even falling back behind me), while in the middle of the pack they are pushing like hell (the more you're pushing yourself of course), which makes it hard work to maintain your position (and your rythm/flow)
    I've seen some complains about AI behaviour, namely regarding the gap on qualy sessions.
    Well, yeah 2 Secs relative to your own qualy pace is a bit too much. But all in all, coming from more league oriented community, racing the AI comes stunningly close to the races against my m8s there (Gap to the fastest ones was always around 1-1,5 secs incl. severe practice on my side). Only issue might be set-up related when your fav setup differs (for worse or better) from the default one the AI is using...

3. anno900

anno900 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I did some more races. At Monza AI had massive issues at Ascari, Many spins. Maybe due to low downforce setup.

I come to the conclusion, that AI should be made faster in packed racing and in heavy breaking zones and slower in faster corners, like lesmo 1, hungaroring Last Corner, Hockenheim Last corner or pouhon at spa. They simply have too much grip there.
    AI should be a little bit more aggressive.

Then I would only have to decrease AI strenght from 102 to maybe 99 and my fastest lap times would be more equal to the AI.

Currently I only lead that championship, cause I can gain spots after the start at packed racing and I can take ober better than AI, they do not defend agressively enough.

If I would have done that Championship with only one AI Driver, then I would have no chance at 102% level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021 at 8:14 AM