Alfa Romeo Giulietta from Wtcr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 247, Jun 13, 2022.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    i just noticed that the alfa romeo giulietta is very slow to change gears down

example : you are in 5th gear and about to do a turn, start breaking and when you accelerate to effectively do the turn, most of the time you are still in 5th gear, how is that possible considering no other car does that?

and is also very damn slow to accelerate especially after tight turns

i know it's not the fastest car of the pack, quite the opposite, but in it's last championship was actually battling for constructors title, and this car wouldn't have battled even for a last place...

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Send picture from settings->gameplay->assists

3. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, ill check it out

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    This sounds like a regular behaviour of "Automatic" gearbox in Raceroom: it doesn't like to downshift when you're turning (probably not to upset your car's balance?). If there's not enough time for it to downshift while you're braking in a straight line, it's pretty common you end up one or even two gears higher than optimal.

But you can downshift manually even in Auto, assign buttons for gear changes.

Maybe there's also something specific to Alfa (different gear ratios, for example), but if you're going to use Auto in this game, be aware of this behaviour.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  6. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    i would say no, cause as i said, it's the only car doing that, i'm not aware of any of the cars i own (almost 60% of the cars) doing this

and anyway i'm talking about braking when on straight right before a turn...

by the way, manual gears are already set, and that's what i do generally...

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    So I drove the Alfa on Raceroom Bridge and didn't notice any difference to Hyundai in auto gear selection, both were often one gear higher than optimal. Tested it with Novice assists and with only TC+ABS.

I guess the issue, if there's one, is more subtle. At what track/corner does it happen most often for you? Can you maybe post a video with inputs visible (assign a button to show the input meter)?

8. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Don't really think i can cause my pc just meet minimum requirements and also recording a video would be too much intensive, cannot guarantee but i'll try anyway

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    The input meter works in replays too, so you can launch a replay and film it with your phone.

Does the issue appear when you're downshifting manually?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If you are now using manual gears then it could be input lag as your PC specs are indeed pretty low for the game to run smoothly. It´s an old 2009 laptotp, right? I still have a Dell similar to that one and no way could it run RRE.

Also assuming you haven´t put a really high value on the downshift protection parameter in gameplay.