Resolved Alpha on Ghost Capri rear lights

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AlleyViper, Apr 11, 2018.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've just noticed this small problem on the lights of the Capri Ghost in practice mode. At a close distance they are still at full opacity. Tried the 320T next, and it didn't show the same behavior.
    This is on a RX480 8GB with latest 18.3.4 drivers.
    alphabug.jpg

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Btw, can anyone confirm this issue on a modern AMD (mainly Polaris) or NV card? It doesn't seem to happen in another system with a very old HD4890 that runs legacy drivers even when set to similar graphics options (high preset with a few custom tweaks: 4x msaa, fxaa disabled, motion blur disabled).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, forgot to leave a comment after seeing this..

I tested on my PC with an Nvidia 1070 and it does not look the same as in your picture. The brake light housing is slightly opaque for me and doesnt stand out anywhere near as much as in your picture. I tested a few other Gr 5 cars, and they seemed to look the same as the Capri for me.

I run mostly the same graphics settings it seems, with the exception of fxaa which I think i have turned on.

I'll ask some of the other testers if they notice anything like this and get it reported. In the mean time, could you try to verify the integrity of the game in steam just to rule out any corrupt files. Probably wont do anything, but it might prevent a headache for the devs if they look into it and cant find anything :p

4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for looking into this. I've ran an integrity check without any checksum fail, and then also tried to use the low graphics setting preset, just to see if there's any particular setting that causes it in this hw, but the result was the same.
    It might be related to AMD drivers overall, or something related solely on Polaris cards (RX470/480/570/580). Only the Capri seems affected on the Gr5. cars I've tried (track doesn't seem to matter, just tested it in on the shortest Anderstorp).

5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @nate asked me to have a look at this as I have a RX 480. However not a Polaris card. I don't have the same effect that you get. Mine looks like normal.

6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for looking into it (btw, I've only noticed it with the Capri), what exact driver are you on? I'm on W10 x64 16299.371, current driver 18.3.4.
    (PS: RX480 is a Polaris 10 card. Downclocking my card has no effect on this)
    alphabug2.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have Win 7. The driver I have is 17.12.2.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Oh, that should be on a different driver branch. The current AMD W10 drivers are WDDM 2.3 compliant only (can only be installed in W10 1709 and above).
    I'll be away from this computer for a while, but next week I'll try if the W10 17.12.2 exhibits the same problem, to check if it's driver version related or W10 vs older W7 branch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I could only report now, since I've been away from the affected PC, but the issue seems now fixed.
    I can't pinpoint exactly what did it, since the machine suffered some updates today. It was either the last R3E's patch, the new AMD 18.4.1 driver set (new branch for 1803's WDDM 2.4), or the upgrade to W10 1803 (less likely).

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 1, 2018