Alternative Buttons for Up and Down Shift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Oct 5, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    A alternative or extra button for Up and Down Shifts would be something very nice (if possible).
    There are so many cars and various shifter versions: Sequential | Paddle | H-Pattern (even different animations when Driver+Wheel activated).

So everybody who is using all those shifters mounted to the rig (or changeable shifters like fanatec or SHH) are forced to use Joy to Key or some other programs to make it work. This could be solved with an extra button mapping for Sequential Shifter.

The H-Shifter and Paddle-Shifter are recognized by the Sim and you automatically can't use the Paddle Shifter in an H-Shifter Car, that would be awesome if that could be also possible with the Sequential Shifter (if connected) as well.
    But therefore the Buttonmapping has to be possible :)

Otherwise If you want to see an overview of the Cars and what shifter they are using check out my created list right here:
    Sequential | Paddle | H-Pattern

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    or you could have more than one controller files which is an option ,
    i have this due to a few reasons , one its quick ; a few clicks
    two, fwd ffb needs to be different from rear wheel drive ffb , and im not going to edit that one every time

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    A better feature in my book is the ability to set different binds to different cars since that will also take into account the few that also use different rims from time to time depending on what car there using. Also the Fanatec shifter you can bind the Seq mode to mirror your wheel panels if you using a Fanatec rim.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    the good old rF2 did it this way for example (Alternative):
    Screenshot - 02_11.jpg

what also would be nice if you could turn off the ''device is missing'' notification,
    because some devices are not always connected on purpose and there is no need for this notification/ it can get annoying ;(

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    YEEEES!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D !!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I did not see that, but I'm using JoyToKey for years which gives me the same option. Good thing to have in game though...

• Like Like x 1