Amateur settings - Brakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anthony Cicciarelli, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Anthony Cicciarelli

Anthony Cicciarelli New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    On Amateur setting I was racing on and I watched many people brake much later than me and were able to make turns that I just could not. It looked one one guy even locked his breaks up. I have my breaks at 100 is there an other setting to make them more aggressive? I'm over 1 full second slower than them. I know under Get Real there are more options to adjust I'm just not there yet.

I went into setting and yes my breaks are showing 100 travel.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    IThe biggest advantage of ABS is that you can turn while braking, so you can brake much later and then turn at the same time. You`re probably driving "correctly" and easing off the brakes when you hit your turn in point.
    My advice would be to use Practice mode with no other drivers, so you don`t have the distraction of trying to beat them and start off slow.
    You can then test your braking points with no pressure.

3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Also many ppl "dropping" gears, they break later and downshift fast (i mean really fast, which means in real life they would blow up the engine in a second),so the engine helps to break the rear wheels (that how they can lock up the rear). Since there is no punishment atm, not much to do about it. You can change your driving style, or you can wait till S3S do something about it (they know about the issue, hopefully they will have a good solution sooner or later). The best you can do imo is just forget about the Amateur mode, and go for Get Real.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes and this ppl are the competition winners, i think thats unfair and not realistic. I think its much better when engine damage are enabled in all competitions, that prevent others to drop the gears like drunked girls her pants..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anthony Cicciarelli

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes. It looks like you hit it right on the button. I do hope they fix this this. I may have to just move to Get Real.

The last thing I need to fix is it seems the cars seem to have to much under steer. It looks like under Get Real there are a few car adjustments and this should be able to be tuned out I hope.

I'm not sure in Amateur if it can be fixed.

6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Since in Amateur mode you don't have to options to change car settings, you have to get used to them. In Get Real, you can adjust the suspension, wings, breaks, transmission, etc. so you can setup the car to your driving style. Unfortunately atm the setup options are pretty simplified, and dou to lack of tyre management, you can make very effective but irrealistic setups. However it is still better than nothing.

7. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Brakes, guys, not breaks. Don't wan't to be a nitpicker but talking about breaks can be quite misleading. Think about what will happen if your brakes will break...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    got the point.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Cicciarelli

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  10. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Give me a break, give me a break. Break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar

11. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    id like to have a forced downshift limiter in amateur (revs below certain num before allowed to downshift).

not in getreal tho