Problem AMD compatibility

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dr.Who1234567890, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That's what I have installed

2. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I tend to stay away from the beta drivers as they are in beta and still have bugs. Switch to non-beta driver, make sure that you do not have any other processes running at the same time

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nope not the issue. I want to say it's some sort of miss communication bewteen the data from my game and my data, or something wrong with the data of my specs and the game. The issue comes from the game, that's for sure. I don't know maybe a content I purchase and the game is not making the link. I don't know I am lost... It's not the performance of my hardware, it's not the drivers, I have clean steam appcache, I have reinstalled the game. I don't know the freaking problem... the game stutters with 60 fps on the steam overlay ! how can a game stutter when I have 60 fps :/ (and yes I tried to switch off steam overlay).

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I remember having the same kind of issue with GTR2 years ago. While I had steadily high fps the game sometimes started to stutter upto a point where it was nearly undriveable. Unfortunately I never found out what the reason was but some day the problem was gone. I also remember being quite alone with this problem. ;) Had an ATI card back then too, at the moment I'm on nVidia.

You're sure you have vsync off not only in the game but also in CCC? Sorry if this is a dumb suggestion (being too obvious), but I'm also just trying to fish in muddy waters...;)

One thing I've been reading a lot the last few days was to move graphics_options.xml out of the UserData folder when people had problems with the new shadows. Maybe moving this file away and setting up the graphics from scratch might help. Again clutching at straws here.

5. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes I tried without vync and I get stutter at 80 fps... which is ludacris. Well thank you for that suggestion, something new ^^. I am going to try that right away. But I am just affrayed the game is going to re create the file and basicaly render the operation mute

UPDATE : no it didn't fix the problem.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, you wrote that you get stutter at 80fps.. i'm not sure that it your problem is Graphic-related. Maybe you should check if you have some background-processes running. In addition you should get rid of AMD gaming evolved or disable raptr if it is still active.

But nevertheless I'm having some stuttering-trouble, too. But only in Multiplayer mainly during training an quali-session, while someone is joining the Session.

7. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have none of these programs. I haven't done anything different from the time it used to work.

8. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    If you are getting 80fps the gfx card is not the issue.... Um...have you checked your CPU? Maybe the cores are not working as they should. And are you OC your CPU?

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    wholl ycow, my fps took a huge hit 2/3 lower.

i5

10. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    does it happen in single player and in MP?

11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Just an observation: it seems that people with latest AMD GPUs are affected. I am running HD6990 with latest beta driver - all maxed out 8xMSAA+vsync - no issues (apart from single core used). Hopefully, S3S will catch the problem.

13. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I do not have any problems I have a R9 270x.

14. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Do you use stock cooler for your CPU? The only reason I am asking CPU questions is because you are getting 60-80fps so that tells me it is something other than the GPU. I had a problem when I first bought my 8350 games would studded and computer would seem bogged down because of how hot the CPU was getting. I bought a cooler master cooler for my CPU and I have not had any problems since

15. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No I only have the issue with this game and my cpu is watercooled.

16. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I also have very small stutters, but still clearly noticeable, since the update that definitely weren't there before.
    It's like a tiny freeze for a fraction of a second, about 1 to 3 times a lap mostly in the same spots. Meanwhile FPS stays stable @ 60(vsync enabled). Also shadows look kind of strange sometimes: flicker, move, and build up in front of me. Apart from that everything is running smooth. R9 270 here.

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If your fps is high while it is still stuttering there must be something out of sync. I see your CPU being slightly overclocked. Have you tried running it with stock speed?

18. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey.
    I am running an AMD R290X shappire 8G VRAM GPU. before the update I had no stutter at all. I have also noticed that if the AI level is high I am experiencing stutter, its also small but I do notice it. This GPU has a huge amount of VRAM. and before the game was updated it ran flawlessly. I also only notice it through medium to high speed corners. I also run 60fps with ease, and if I bench mark the GPU I am getting 96fps. I know my system is not the issue. Just though I would try and help.

19. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue but turning vsync on made the stutter go away.
    Turning shadows to on made the stutter come back.
    Everything @stock no oc here either. Dunno if nvidia cards have a similar issue?

20. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    it seems only R29xx cards affected atm. i have a 7950 runs flawless in all settings....