Problem AMD compatibility

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dr.Who1234567890, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I didn't overclock my cpu, that speed is factory. But maybe it's an issue with the r29xx cards. We need someone who has got a r29xx to tell us if he's not experiencing any issue to see if that could be the issue.

2. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris,
    Could you tell us your graphics settings(ATI and game)?

Since November 2014,I have also noticed slowdowns when there are more than 10 players online.Other players have also noticed this problem.
    On Norisring is unplayable.
    Before,I used to play with on high graphics options(except car reflection,shadow split,fxaa off and shaders quality on medium).Now,I must decrease more options(4xAA,vertical sync off).

amd fx 4350(Akasa venom pico,no oc)
    amd R9 280X HIS(14.12 driver,no oc)
    gskill Ripjaws DDR3 4GB(windows pagefile 2048mo)
    asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer
    wd blue destop 1 To
    cooler master G550M
    sony blu ray
    Windows 7 familial 32 bits

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since last update to the game,I turned off completely shadows.

3. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can already tell you myself for any game that you should turn off surface optimization. You will have an increase of fps with all your games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thx Tr3voRR.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No problem, you're welcome.

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    No it isn't - at least if you ask Itel. The specs say it has a base frequency of 4.0 GHz an a maximum turbo frequency of 4.4 GHz.
    Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor specifications
    I know it's not very likely your problem has something to do with it but since your problem is quite odd in itself you might want to try even unlikely things to solve it.

7. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Than I meant 4.4 not 4.5

8. mojo11

mojo11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am having major stuttering using the same settings I have always used. My FPS stay between 65 and 95 at all times.
    We need a way to disable replays, or adjust quality . Back in the old days in GTR2 and rFactor you could stop stuttering by turning off replays, This could be the problem with this build.
    All my other games still work great , AC, PCars , rF2, Race 07, F1 series, it's obviously something they changed in this Build.
    Before this Build RRE ran butter smooth, it was my favorite game over all but until they fix this problem I can't play this game with all the stuttering. Hope they fix it soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    "Glad" to see I am not the only one, now I have zero clue what could be the issue. It's not the hardware, it's not the graphical settings, it's not the drivers. Some sort of corruption or incompatibility ? It was running perfectly with the same piece of hardware before that.

10. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I will post later after church

11. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Nvidia GTX 980 Strix/i7 4790k for me, still running well but as I said in another post I can now confirm fps dropping from 115/120 to 90/100 (and sometimes lower). Nothing overclocked, no video setting changed in the game except vsynch "off" (auto settings = high).

12. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I have a R9 295/i74790k with no over clocking, and I have had no issues before and after the update. I haven't been monitoring my fps tho, so there could be a drop in performance that I'm not aware of, but I'm still well above 60fps and have no stuttering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, wonder what the deal is with me....so odd. I need to do more testing, but just odd the performance change.

14. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I'm running a R9 285 and I sometimes get missing textures on the curbs and such but no other problem. Currently on 15.3 beta driver but it was the same on 14.12.

15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Hey, my spec

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Intel Z97
    16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance
    Intel Core i5-4590 3.30GHz (3.7GHz)
    XFX R9 280X Boost 3072MB GDDR5 GPU

I can run very successfully everything on high without shadows between 80-130+ fps, but the tearing on Monitor is really bad, so I vsync and get solid 60fps (TV only 60 Hhz) which TBH is more than enough.

However with shadows on....FPS drop to around 45-50....which is very off putting at some parts of the more demanding circuits.... I can get back some fps by changing the other video setting to medium and LOD to low..but the shadows in the cockpit sometimes don't look great on my old Bravia. So I generally run with them off..

16. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey @kurt-vanhee

I have check the VSPN is on, but I found shadows where on high, so I changed them to low and the stutter is gone, just did a race with an high AI setting and it was perfect. I have left the shadows on low, because I like the effect it brings. I don't think Nvidia have this problem.

I still hit way over 60fps with shadows on long. So just putting them from high to low made a difference. Plus my stutter was no so bad.

17. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I run an Asus RX290X. Crossfire disabled. default card settings, application controlled, no OC.
    All settings maxed, all shadows off, 20 car grid, Tripple screens, no problem.
    I did have a few glitches when running both cards in Xfire.

18. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The problem comes from using the xbox one controller, it over use the cpu for some reason. It's the same issue Assetto Cosa had. That's what needs to be fix. I tried with a keyboard and I got zero problem, I hook up my xbox one controller and the issue was present.

19. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Now, that's odd... o_O

20. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes and no, Assetto Corsa experienced the same issue, but they fixed it. Surely I am not the only one who plays also Assetto corsa ? and have hear of the "WARNING CPU Usage > 95%" ? issue that Assetto Corsa had.