amd crossfire

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by David Slute, Feb 17, 2015.

1. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I am currently running 2 r9 290's in crossfire tho the 2nd gpu is not being used....it says usage is equal to the first card but gpu clock is 300 mhz and memory is 100 mhz.
    Is there any profiles or tips that are compatiable to get both cards working?
    Has there been any talk with amd to optimize there drivers and support for this game? Possible to incorporate mantle in the future?

Cheers

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, multi-gpu setups dont function at all. As it is now, the 2nd gpu will not be utilized at all. As in, 0% gpu utilization on the 2nd card. Just seems to be how the game is programmed so far.

I have 2 gtx 660's and the 2nd one is never used at all, so I disable sli anytime I play R3E as this seems to help the game run slightly more smoothly for me and prevents some crashing I was having.

Kind of a shame since it would be great to have more horsepower to use for better graphics, but, maybe that day will come. (hopefully soon *fingers crossed*)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    David, Nate is right. I have 2 cf rx290 x cards and i get better frames with 1 card.

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there's currently no proper support for either Crossfire or SLI.
    Once we get the time however, we want to improve things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Any news on crossfire? I can get xfire to work in R3E by setting frame pacing on and AFR friendly in CCC gaming application crossfire settings, but it's pretty buggy, mainly with jarbled fonts for lap times and sound stuttering. But the FPS increase is major. It would be great if crossfire was sorted out since some tracks really get bogged down at 1080x5760 on even medium settings with a high end card - really need 2 working together to run higher settings triple monitors

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    No news I'm afraid.
    As I said above, Crossfire and SLI are both things that are on our "To fix"-list, but our people are currently spread thin working on some other features.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't multi-GPU support help with pushing this engine to the limits? At least get the message across to the AMD and Nvidia driver teams to assist?