And again: Selfish, impatient online behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    If I did something im sorry!

2. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    just tried a wtcc 14 server at nürburgirng. i was in 2nd place after practise, during qualifying (only 5 mins) i was the first on the track and during my first hotlap i slightly missed the apex at the s after the shortlink, i noticed the car behind was faster so i was planing to make space so he could pass but he just slammed into me and sent me offtrack so my lap was disallowed and in the next corner he hit me so that i spun. i called him unfair driver on the chat later on he said it was my fault because i was too slow. seriously? is it justifiable to crash into someone only for being slower than you? everytime i see a slower driver infront of me i wait for a better place to overtake so i can pass them without contact. is that wrong?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I must have good luck, since most of the races I get into seem to be free of idiots. Sure, I've seen them, you get to know them after a while, the usual suspects, but mostly the drivers I find myself on track with are excellent racing company. Usually if you can get five minutes into a race without getting shafted by clowns they'll start rage quitting and the race will settle down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.. Was in qualy today. Waited for a faster car to pass me when I ruined my lap, and started to follow him, from a good distance. He lost control of his car in next corner. Then he typed "feck off, you loser".

Wut?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Didn't see any issues with you and I believe @Fairman was complementing a good race with you :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yesyes, the guy in the Civic in my Picture Story wasn't you @Turbo :) but he almost crashed into you at the Esses, while you were chasing D.Duck - I know his name but it's not about starting a tribunal here...

skeno: "i called him unfair driver on the chat later on he said it was my fault because i was too slow. seriously? is it justifiable to crash into someone only for being slower than you?"

Just reminds me of some guys who seem to have managed to override the pit lane speed restriction - just two days ago there was one of those (at a server test for ADAC 14 Champ):
    You know, one of thes cocky "Bobby Brown" types, rushing through the pit lane directly onto the track with no foresight at all...with that "Here I am, move your tin cans aside, losers" attitude - those are the ones I hate most, fortunately they often suck and rage quit :rolleyes:

Lyrics excerpt from Zappa's "Bobby Brown" : "My car is fast, my teeth are shiny, you can tell all the girls they can kiss my heini "

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    That looks like the redbull race where i got nailed from behind for slowing down to avoid the mess in turn one - can't remember the name but watched on replay....mass of cars ahead so i take it easy, only to get hit and spin right (as seen in the first couple photos "Nino Scholz" is me careening off to the right after the blow). sucked but turned out to be a pretty fun race after that.

another member here started a post about turn one - brake too much and get hit, go too fast and cause an accident...because homeboy in the back can't take it easy for turn one.

Granted, i've done it once or twice out of lack of experience/ignorance, but at least apologize for heavensakes.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  8. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Think I posted this somewhere ellse to but think it is relevant to the topic ;)
    I understand the dislike of iresponsible drivers, they are a pain in the rear end. but fact is racing is racing and everyone want to come first regardles of there ability to do so. That said...

I present a smal video from youtube showing just what racing is when it's not going the way we planed it. :p
    It is educating to watch, it give a reminder of the fact that even the best fuck upp in the heat of the moment!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Multiplayer is fiiine. crashes happen. Sometimes it's a bit too much, yes, but it's usually not that much..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave Hey Dave I remember the race the lag was terrible. The WTF was not aimed at you in anyway as you approach my engine suddenly cut out and i lost control and ended up in the gravel. I didn't hit you did I?

11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No, just your bog standard mid-race teleport from in front to behind, I knew the WTF wasn't aimed at me though. This time ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm bloody disgusted with online racing in R3E it's never been worse imo. it's a waste of time..every time I'm taken out. I have had enough of it. I put effort in, qualify well, then Bam out...I could stay in but I take no pleasure in being subjected to this behavior time after time. On the occasion I escape the madness, someone else is getting it..It's crazy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015