Any chance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfrans Millan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Wilfrans Millan

Wilfrans Millan Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello Dear Developers!

Any chance of getting the famous Group C?

The legendary Sauber C9:

Just imagine racing with this car on Nordschleife or (even better in the near futrure, why not?) racing on circuit de la Sarthe, created also by the Raceroom developers team :hearteyes:

• Like Like x 4
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I believe group c is a class the devs very much want. but open wheelers and tt cup are next.

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    There's an R90CK Nissan in build, the art looked nearly complete but no idea where they stand with sounds and physics

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Knowing that Anthony does em, the sounds have been ready for months I guess. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait for the nissan... and the Sauber C9 would be a great addition for sure :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I just want the 787b, we need a rotary in this game something for Anthony to really sink his teeth into.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    For the record, I can imagine that Group C is a licensing nightmare.

In the era around that in which the Nissan competed, the most famous manufacturers are:

- Mercedes-Benz: can be fairly frequently found in games and seem to have a good relationship with this game. Would love to see a C11 personally, but whatever would match the Nissan best. Not sure if the C7/8/9 license is held by MB or Sauber or both.

- Mazda: more famous in games than in real-life almost, but the 787 seems to pop up in a few games, but I imagine Mazda are aware of its iconicness and don't make it available cheap. The non 'b' 787 and 767 would be perfectly suitable too IMO, but they've not been in R3E before.

- Toyota: infamously 'difficult' but seem hit and miss. Not sure their Group C cars have ever been included in a game? Have reportedly been difficult for DiRT Rally and Project CARS, although the latter seems to have found a solution.

- Jaguar: I wouldn't expect this to show up any time soon, although these are arguably the most iconic cars of the era. Very expensive I imagine.

- Porsche: same issues with EA as usual. Deal is reportedly up (at last) next year, but remains to be seen how they'll deal. The 962 is the most important car of the late Group C era, but maybe Dauer have the rights to their car in the same way as Fabcar?

- Peugeot: who knows? The 905s wouldn't be the best match for the Nissans arguably, but would be nice nonetheless

Obviously there are many others from more boutique manufacturers (Spice, WM) or factories that only entered for a year or two (Aston Martin)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    While at it, get this Dauer too:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I would love a Group C pack. The Mazda 787b in Assetto Corsa is one of my favorite cars to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I really wonder why the Toyota license is so difficult (or maybe expensive) to get. Toyota isn't really that super duper brand and i don't understand why Toyota is showing some kind of "elitist behaviour".:eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Agree Ernie. Not exactly a prestige brand like some others that charge outrageous fees. I've only seen Toyotas in the GT series and AC got one for their bonus pack.

14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    other than being the largest manufacturer by units sold and second by revenue :p (2015).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Still, here is a picture of the Nissan R90K from the May Dev Stream.

[​IMG]

I am not too sure about Toyota license as only codemaster seemed to have issues in getting their cars. I think Toyota was the manufacturer that Project CARS got during early development but the manufacturer wanted their cars to appear in a post release DLC than comes with the core game. However, that could be Mazda too as there are some strong evidence that Pcars might get Mazda too as they shown a WIP interior that looked like Mad Mike's 1000bhp MX5 for Formula Drift.

Alternatively, the reason could be the classic Toyota racing cars are difficult to get, like Toyota Tacoma Hillclimb, Toyota GT1, Toyota Group C or the old Celica rally. Newer cars like GT86 or TS040 could be easier to license. Not too sure what's up with Toyota as so far both AC and PCARS has no sign of getting a Group C or a GT1 from Toyota. It is known that AC is getting GT86, TS040, and AE86 while for Pcars, apparently GT86 and TS040 files was found in the game. AC's original Toyota license announcement did have GT86 GT4, somehow that was removed subsequently so no one knows what happened to that.

I think there might be some conditions preventing them from getting Toyota GT1 and the Group C as both games has cars in those 2 classes. I did heard some licensing restriction on some Toyota cars are exclusive to PS4 where if you want to release a multiplatform on PS4, you can't use certain Toyota cars in the other versions of the game. The files in Pcars did point to another car called Scion FRS which is the rebadged version of 86 possibly to go around that restriction. It doesn't really make sense for me when I first heard it till now.

Hopefully we will get Toyota in R3E considering Toyota does has quite a few cars R3E needs.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  16. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Toyota is also close to my heart so maybe one day...

Look even simraceway was able to get Toyota's license (ts020, and gt 86 or even LFA as far as I remember) so why not S3?

I miss Toyota here so much :(

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm hopeful that when the DTM and Super GT run their mutual race that we'll have the complete Super GT Series by then. Toyotas and Lexus would rock !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes sir :)

More japanese cars please.

Anyway if Simraceway and pCars are able to, why not we? We are not worse we're better :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Reiza got Toyota for their Copa Petrobras de Marcas series so perhaps they are more difficult when it comes to their more iconic models.

Then again Reiza didn't get the Honda Civic (yet). I'll never understand the murky world of vehicle licensing in video games. If only manufacturers could see the publicity value in it, set a fair price and make licences available to all.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Truer words have never been spoken.

• Agree Agree x 2