Any chance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfrans Millan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The thing I truly do not understand is why some of the more common car manufacturers (Toyota and Honda specifically) aren't more liberal with their licenses. Not everyone can afford a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche so I can certainly see their reasoning for not being liberal with licenses (don't agree with it, but still see it), but for manufacturers like Toyota and Honda, you'd think they'd want their cars in any game that will take them since that is a true marketing tool for them. Most everyone who is looking for a new car can afford a Toyota or a Honda

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Gran Turismo is often considered the game that brought the Subaru Impreza to the public conscience. Just an example of how appearing in a game can be good for a brand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Yeah and now I own one

• Like Like x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There once was that weird dutch guy on this team....Jay something, did the licensing. :p

He once explained that sadly the manufacturers have gone past that, they used to see video game licensing as a marketing/pr means, now they apparently turn to viewing it as just another way of generating income, simple as that. As long as there's some big shots about, willing to pay what they ask in order to gain an advantage, then that's how it's gonna be.

5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Subaru +Gran Turismo? Nope,Colin McRae made Impreza and Subaru cool to have.As for licensing,unfortunately money talks bull**** walks.Or flying donkey etc.If you can pay the price you get the license.If you cant ,well too bad for you..

6. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    For people not interested in motorsport, specifically rallying, Gran Turismo very much did help bring the Impreza to a mainstream audience. I think that's beyond doubt. Same goes for cars like the Evo and Skyline. Relatively cheap, high performance cars that weren't household names prior to Gran Turismo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    @James Cook ,you have a point that I have to agree with.:)

8. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Gentlemen I do agree with your words... :)

To make it even better I have to admit that pCars comparatively to S3 is unbelievably buggy, I mean seriously.
    S3 devs, testers and of course the whole community would never agree to release such a messy content. Art and graphics mistakes are common there which is disgusting.

So anyway if they can we can even better !

Sector 3 is really putting it's emphasis on quality so I can't see any reasonable factor why other respected manufactures should not be interested in putting their logos into the game.

Warmest regards :)

I am so proud to be the part of this community :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Because licensing their licensing to a a third party is a profitable business for the manufacturer. Thats why they charge fairly high fees for it and third party are usually willing to pay up for it.

10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I know. It's just a shame it has got to this point. Always happens when something gets so big (i.e. the gaming business) and the money men get involved. Luckily a good number of manufacturers see the value in getting their brand out there in as many games as possible rather than pure profiteering.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sabrina maseeh

sabrina maseeh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i go with audi

12. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    From what I've seen in various games it honestly seems like the Japanese manufacturers as a whole are fairly difficult to work with in terms of licensing, at least if you simply look at their representation in games compared to their representation in motor sports. Outside of Gran Turismo, which is developed by a Japanese developer, there aren't many games that have many current Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Nissan, or Mazda race vehicles. The only ones that seem to be more prevalent are Mitsubishi and Subaru mostly due to their rally licensing deals. It would be fantastic to drive many of the Japanese Super GT style cars.

13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Nissan seems to be the most responsive of the Japanese Manufacturers. Toyota (and Lexus) and Honda are tough. From what I've seen, Mazda is damn near impossible to license for anyone.

14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    forza, nfs 2015 and gt all have rx7s.
    forza, rfactor, r3e, gt and nfs have honda.
    forza, pcars, nfs, gt and ac have toyota.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Yeah just the console folks have mazdas really as far as official licensing goes.

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    makes me sad, i really like rotarys.

17. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I started watching the wtcc and the gt3 because of this game

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And DTM

19. Incrediclint

Incrediclint New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm just glad that the manufacturers aren't as opposed to car damage in games as in the past. Quite a few developers in the past have cited that as the reason they're not allowed to even have the cars get scratches on them in game.