Anyone tried F1 2016?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skidmark, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to hear the views of experienced R3E players on Codemasters F1 2016. Anyone tried it yet?

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Is it out yet?

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I tried it and I am not impressed. As usual the animations and small sequences are creating a nice feel of really "being there". I only did several laps in the wet at Spa and it was quite nice.
    What is a major let down for me is the whole interface. The game is completely optimized for consoles and gamepad usage. You cannot use the mouse in the menus and many functions ate bound to gamepad buttons. Which ever button I tried in my GT28 wheel, it didn't work. To name two examples:
    - replays. Obviously no external TV view, and the whole handling is marked for gamepad buttons that do not correspond to anything on my wheel.
    - controlinputs: the start requires pressing pad button "2", the hold "A" as the clutch and rev up. No button on my wheel worked so had to have the keyboard on my lap at the start.
    Moreover I created a controls mapping at the start of the game, however the buttons on my wheel did not react accordingly. Instead of DRS I had a rear view, camera change opened the replays and so forth.
    Graphicwise I was really disappointed. The track at Spa looks really cheap compared to any other racing game, no matter R3E, pCars or AC.
    The depicon of driving in the rain on a drying racing line is very nice though and moreover it has a complete flag system and safety car. All features I would love to see in R3E.

Long story short - the driving is fun, though not as "deep" as in real racing sims, but the interface leaves it about useless for me on a PC. Certainly a fun game on consoles with a wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the above on many points, I really do enjoy the driving in it and the number of in game options have come a long way since I last got f1 2013. Would like to see a custom season where you do not have to do the entire 21 race calendar though.
    Had a race in Melbourne as the Renault in the rain and it was the best rain race I think I have ever had. Car really gets a twitch on and wants to swap ends if you use just a little too much throttle but it is controllable.
    Overall I was pleasantly surprised.

5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Got it today. Controls feel vastly improved from 2015.Dry racing is good.I feel like there is something wrong in the rain.Totally no downforce on the rear even on 11 aero. Plus,there seems to be a wall in car performance. Mercedes are nearly untouchable, Ferrari is clear second, 3/4 close between RBR /Williams.Maybe the BOP of R3E has gotten to me,others will find the gaps more realistic.Good online part.Easy to find a race depending on your preferences. Thats for now.

6. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I like it. Much better than 2015 which was a disaster. Still not a patch on R3E or AC for FFB but it does have all the cool stuff.
    Formation lap, manual start, safety car, pit stops with tyre strategy variable weather etc.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    it is the F1 game they should've done last year.

I'm satisfied and like it very much. Even though I don't like F1 on TV :-D

8. T.L

T.L Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Unlike that last year 2015 game which I got refunded on steam,
    this is a wet dream in comparison. I started today(been away for weekend)
    but after 6 hours I can safely say I will be spending alot of time in this one.

I would really like to race online with this but with competent adult people(noobs
    or no noobs dont matter), maybe race2play and JustRace should support
    this title. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    waiting for crew chief and HUD Dash to support it :-D