Anyone with a G27 that works well after updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, Apr 12, 2015.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    As the title says, anyone with a G27 that works well after latest updates, could you please post your screenies? I'd like to try and emulate them.

Thanks

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Here you go mate. Adjust the in-game FFB Intensity to suit :)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You run with what I would imagine is a very heavy wheel @Ronin_GTDave

The one thing I am probably dying most for in this game is a proper pedal & FFB meter displayed on screen to know just how much I can crank up the FFB before it clips.

I run quite settings quite converse to yours :p In the logi profiler, 100 FFB strength, 0 everything else, 540 DoR (actually similar to your settings since the specific game overrides the global settings)

Then in game I run 64% FFB strength, 0 smoothing, 0 spring, 1 damper, 5 friction, 115 steer force, 97 understeer, 132 vertical, 65 lateral, 0 steering rack, 13 engine vibe, 14 brake vibe, 17 kerb vibe, and 50 shift effect.

For me, this works well as I love all the little bumps in the road this lets me feel. Expecially the 134 judd hillclimb at the free race room raceway. I think that is the single best combo in the game I have experienced for you to truly feel the FFB. Zolder and pretty much anything is good too because it is so bumpy lol.

Any more FFB strength and I can feel it start to clip =/ Im not sure what to do to get a bit stronger feel, while maintaining the fidelity I currently experience.

FFB is largely personal preference though, but I always find it fascinating to hear what other people use.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @nate completely agree, especially about the FFB meter. My wheel settings isn't actually particularly heavy, could do with turning up the intensity a bit myself if I'm honest but like you, I want to avoid the clipping.

Just realized the sceenshots I uploaded are pre-update. @SwaggerJacker, I'd use @nate 's suggestion for the "spring", "damper" and "Friction" settings although to be honest, I can't tell a lot of difference whether they are at max settings or naught (apart from spring but I leave that off because it ruins track feeling).

• Like Like x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im not all that well versed in how to set up FFB, but one thing I have wondered not only about R3E but also the other various racing games I play with my wheel... Is do some of the settings in the options menu, act as an override of the logi profiler settings?

For example, the new FFB settings, spring, damper, friction... if set to 100%, would they override the logi profiler if you set the same settings in there to 0?

I have thought that rather than straight up overriding whatever your setting is in the profiler, that the in-game setting, works as a percentage of what you set in the profiler... For example, if I set damper and spring to 0 in the profiler, but 100% in game... I have thought of it as taking 100% of 0... which would still be nothing.

I mention that because I, like you, havent noticed much impact with the new settings, and wonder if they are actually doing anything because I dont feel them. Either because my profiler settings prevent them or something else. The reason I do have a slight percentage in game may have less to do with what I actually feel, and more to do with placebo... but this is beyond me :p lol

Now that I might have just demonstrated how little I know in setting up FFB properly with the logi profiler... Ill go back to doing something I know a bit more about. Racing some DTM cars at Nurburgring ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The logi profiler has an option to allow the game to override the profiler settings and change settings used by both (game and profiler), anything else that isn't shared is handled by the one giving the setting.

There are certain settings, such as the friction and damper that will effect certain wheels more than others though which is why we as Logitech users, may not feel the full benefits of such options.
    Either that or we're just a little more numb than we realize o_O

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Finally tweecked mine a bit better. Liking it, after the update things went weird for a bit, device issues, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Ronin and Nate, thanks very much for the help. SKRO helped me (sent me his rcs files) last night as well. Many thanks guys. I'm going to use Nates' tips to hopefully tweak an even better feel from the wheel. After using SKROS' files, and turning down steering sensitivity, I was able to easily race the AI on 100% at Laguna Seca. For sure I'll have to raise the AI skill now. I'm still fighting with getting used to the updated physics with the the GT cars. I think that's just a wheel time thing.

Edit: Spelled your name wrong, how unappreciative was that? :DLOL
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No worries mate, anytime.

10. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings: