Aragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Aug 19, 2020.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well as usual had a quick whip around, picked the GP circuit, firstly in the Audi TT RS, apart from the red button kerbs killing the suspension every time and the TT having this weird lag with the throttle, looked lovely. I then got the trusty old GTR2 Beemer out for some sideways action and promptly blew a tyre, yet nothing (HUD) told me that I had actually popped a tyre, all pressures normal but car was uncontrollable and there was a definite flat tyre sound being played through my lugholes. o_O Not sure if it's the info not getting to the HUD or the HUD canny read the info, something seems amiss. The cut track tolerances are a tad harsh also, don't think I managed one clean lap out of 15 or so, in two cars. After the hairpin seemed awfully harsh on occasion but will have to take a look at replay to check I'm not just going to wide.
    Aragon looks great though, job well done by the Art department, well apart from red buttons, they kill, every time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    A flat tire should appear red in the compact HUD.

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    the track limits is mostly because of the high curbs that make your wheels come off the ground. Raceroom measures how many tyres are on the track, but when in air you're outside of track limits. These dot curbs are really aggressive but believeable when you look at real life races.
    Greetings

4. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Right, something is very wrong with the GTR2 at Aragon, can someone else go see what's going on. Just leave the confines of the track, especially just before turn 5 and after turn 9. Took both of these wide and it resulted in the sensation the steering wheel had rotated 180 degrees or both rear wheels were toeing in about 45 degrees, bloody peculiar. HUD showing no damage and tyres are fine. o_Oo_O

5. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a clip of this for all the details ? :)

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just did 3 or 4 laps with the m3 gt2 going wide in all sorts of places but didnt feel anything change. The only thing i did manage at the very end was to send it over a couple of the red dots to the point where my wheel was off center by maybe 30 degrees but apart from the red dots everything seemed normal on my end

7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just gone back in, tried a GTR3 Audi & the FRJ and if I leave the track and come back on it appears the steering has moved to the rear wheels. o_O I don't think it matters which car, I managed to just rock the steering from side to side in the GTR2 Beemer and get the feeling I get when the suspension meter in the HUD goes red. Can option replays I guess and go film again.
    Only other thing is I have a TM T300, which I started again with the default profile, as suggested in the splash screens. Only thing I noticed were the sensitivity settings for Steering, Throttle & Clutch set at 50%, now this meant that the reason the Audi TT in my first comment was not picking up was indeed due to the 50% setting BUT I'm using Fanatec V3's :rolleyes: just dawning on me as I write that maybe just maybe the new TM profile means I need to set this back to 50% :rolleyes::rolleyes: Jeezus, right back to it, will report back.

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Right, mystery solved, just restarted Crew Chief and there was an update for OtterHUD in R3E.
    Now If I leave the track or spin in the FRJ I damage the suspension, which, in turn makes the car handle like a bag of shit.
    This track appears a little too demanding for my garage, any tanks in the pipeline?
    I have driven 3 layouts in a variety of vehicles over today and have only managed a handful of completed laps, either I stray out of bounds or the bloody car falls apart, swear I don't have this issue anywhere else. Confusing to say the least.

* Balderdash, just hopped in a 2016 DTM Beemer at Aragon fast, left the track, no damage showing but car undriveable. o_O

Why can't I upload a replay file?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Just use one of the bazillion screen/gameplay recording tools ;)

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    50% means linear. Is it wrong?

11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nah, something is so wrong here, I don't even have to leave the track or touch a kerb, halfway around lap 2 It feels like the suspension gives out, car becomes undriveable. Was in a FR3 today and it appears to be on exactly the same part of the track on Aragon fast, second time onto the straight and bang, it's just like the rears toe in at 45 degrees instantly. Gonna pop back on and see if it happens elsewhere, guessing it will as I presume this is either the new TM profile or I have hardware issues. Have done all the verify files etc, so no corruption of files. Will also check TM drivers etc was perfectly ok right up until the new TM profile dropped though, not that I believe in coincidences :rolleyes: Ignore the sensitivity settings, they're all back to 50%, so will have to go back and check that the TT is still responsive on throttle. Jeez, just fancied a drive of RR looks more like a morning of diagnostics & frustration, sometimes I do wish I had a different hobby! :)

12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a replay? Vcr? Or video?

13. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature what happens if you set collision effect at 0 in the ffb menu?

14. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not tried that but only set to 50 as is.
    Still doing it, have just tried again in 2016 DTM and only got 30% around the first lap and boom, gone.
    Have just deleted the old and made a brand new profile, didn't touch any FFB settings and still feels like suspension is failing, yet HUD says different. Will do a quick search on the old interweb and find something to process these .vcr files, will whack some up for all to peruse & ponder.

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Please try setting collision to zero as Peter said. There have been some issues with TM wheels recently which have been hard to pin down but we suspect the collision effect is interfering where it shouldn't. If you still have the issue with collision set to zero please let us know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah just set collision to zero and no change, touched the kerb (low painted green/white) and boom. I dunno, tried just about all I can think of for now. Hard to get excited about DTM20, not one car driveable. :rolleyes: Hmm defo not getting much luck with RR lately, my frame rate is still deplorable and now the wheels have fallen off. :(

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you try disabling car damage or setting it to limited?

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Very odd. I use a t300 myself and I'm not getting these issues. I haven't updated the firmware since v29 though so that may be a factor. Extremely difficult to chase these issues when we can't reproduce them.

19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So not collision or both?

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The issues we have seen so far seem to be related to flatspots/tyre damage so if turning damage off stops the issue that helps us to narrow down the problem. In testing Peter found that the issues he had with his TSPC wheel stopped when he turned collisions off. Any info you can give us helps at this point.