Archive: Esports WTCR OSCARO 2018

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 3, 2018.

?

Who will win the opening race in server 1?

1. Alexander Dornieden

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Bence Bánki

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Tim Heinemann

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nikodem Wisniewski

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kévin Leaune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. someone else

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Some drivers should consider their driving styles. Just because there is no damage doesnt mean you can use other cars as brake pads or push them off the track. Its a joke how some people drive..

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    ...and read the rule book:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lukas.buron

lukas.buron Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Had anyone problem with dropping FPS? If I tryed the race in sigle event, then I haven't problem with dropping FPS, but on server the problem I had. I think that problem created guys, which connect and disconnect on server. On the end of the race, when some guys left server, I had good FPS.

5. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bad fps when lot of people. About 40fps for me. Dx9 fact with AMD cpu for me.
    Why the overlay at the end of the race in D2 put me 21 ? I was 13 on finish line.

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The game gave you a 30 seconds penalty for something, I removed it for now.

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Incident reports have to be sent in until tomorrow midnight.

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invitations for Nordschleife are sent.

The invitation to Máté Mezoffy didn't go through, invalid e-mail. He should please update his ingame e-mail and send me a PM here with new e-mail, so he can get the invitation.

If you expected a mail and didn't receive it, please check spam folder.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  10. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    An hell of a ride for the second round :)

52nd time, so happy for qualifying for the race sunday :cool:

Enjoy ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The Green Hell – the Nürburgring Nordschleife – awaits the competitors of the Esports WTCR OSCARO for the second round of the season. In order to provide the most realistic experience on RaceRoom, the track has been laserscanned, and just the task of completing a timed lap without a mistake is a challenge in itself.

[​IMG]

With a length of 25.378 kilometers (including the Grand Prix loop) and over 160 corners, there are quite a few crucial corners on the track. Especially the high-speed corners at the beginning of the Nordschleife, at Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz into Aremberg and Fuchsröhre into Adenauer Forst, have proven to be tricky in the front wheel drive cars, and the braking zone at the end of the track in the Hohenrainschikane has seen thousands of totaled cars and ruined laps on the leaderboard qualifier.

[​IMG]

With the exception of Kévin Leaune, who takes his drop score at the Nordschleife, all top performers of the Hungaroring round have qualified again. Tim Heinemann (Turn1 Esports / Comtoyou Audi) topped the time sheets with an 8:53.642, 1.4 seconds quicker than the pole time of Thed Björk in the real series. Behind him was another Tim in an Audi, the Impact Racing Team driver Tim Jarschel. Hungaroring race winner Jack Keithley was third as the best non-German, and judging by his form at the Launch Event earlier this year, where he won the Nordschleife heat, Keithley will be a contender for the victory again. Richard Schäfer, who lives just a few kilometers away from the Nordschleife, was 4th ahead of Nikodem Wisniewski and championship leader Bencé Banki. Notably, the race winners of Server 2 and Server 3 at the Hungaroring, Felix Luding and Jaroslav Honzik, have both qualified for the top split this time, with Luding taking the 24th and final spot on the grid, just over 2 seconds off the best time.

[​IMG]

You can watch the live stream on Sunday, 2. September, at 17:00 GMT (19:00 EU), with live commentary by James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller, either on the Facebook Page of the FIA WTCR or on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFIAWTCCworldtouringcarcup/live

13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Frédéric Verwisch takes you around one lap of the Nordschleife!

• Like Like x 1
  14. #TC f1mate

#TC f1mate Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, my account (Máté Mezoffy/f1mate2) was set to my old inactive email account Is there any chance to get an invitation to my new email? (I've changed that today) I was 68th on the leaderboard.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Round 1 - Hungaroring

Stewards: Mike Bell / Robert Wiesenmüller

Server 2, 3, 4

No reports

Server 1

R1 L1 T1 Leitner vs. Hasse
    Hasse, Dornieden, Stange and Maulana go three wide. There is slight contact which sends Stange flying, and Dornieden and Leitner get collected in the process. We watched Hasse’s onboard and wheel movements and he did not steer into another car, so no one can really be blamed for the crash. Despite the bad consequences, it is still a

Racing incident

R1 L1 T12 / L2 T11 / R2 L9 T12 Löhner vs. Vromant
    Vromant doesn’t leave a lot of space on the exits of corners when he passes Löhner multiple times, almost pushing him into a slowdown and not allowing Löhner to stay on the outside.

Warning – Alexandre Vromant
    Further infringements of this sort of Vromant will lead to a penalty

R2 L1 T1 Leitner vs. Rebernak
    Leitner turns in on the outside but isn’t 100% clear and Rebernak slightly clips him. Leitner goes a bit sideways, and Rebernak keeps pushing him. Rebernak though can’t do anything about it, since Dencs is pushing him, so he cannot back out of it

Racing incident

R2 L1 T2 Nandori vs. Dencs
    Dencs brakes too late for the final corner, does well to avoid Leitner but hits Nandori into a halfspin, which ends up with Nandori going onto the grass.

10 points – 1 strike - Dencs

Nandori’s re-entry is not Dencs’ fault, and therefore not covered by the report.

Strikes:
    Dencs - 1

16. Adam Pinczes

Adam Pinczes New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did a lot of mistakes but still somehow ended up improving a bit before the leaderboard ended. I literally set my time around CET 16:59:5x :D Overall it was enough for 8th place but i hope as my favourite track i can make a good result :)

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rom_rs

rom_rs Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  19. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Round 2 - Nordschleife

Stewards: Mike Bell / Robert Wiesenmüller

Server 3

Saussey vs. Müller
    Lap 3, Dunlop Corner

Müller outbrakes himself and spins Saussey into the gravel.

1 points, 1 strike, Marco Müller

Server 2

Wielgosz vs. Garcin
    Lap 1, before turn 1

Garcin turns to the right and taps Wielgosz, who loses control, goes on the grass and comes back into the field

3 points, 1 strike, Christian Garcin

Stempurszki vs. Harhoff
    Lap 1, before turn 1

Harhoff didn’t do anything, Stempurszki probably meant the Wielgosz/Garcin scene

See the incident above

Stempurszki vs. Garcin
    Lap 1, entry Nordschleife

Garcin goes on the inside of Stempurszki, pushes him wide and as they are still side by side, cuts across the front of him to take the position

3 points, 1 strike, Christian Garcin

Stempurszki vs. Schulze
    Lap 1 Brünnchen, Lap 1 Pflanzgarten,

Schulze doesn’t leave a lot of space to Stempurszki on the first lap in some high speed sections where Stempurszki is getting an overlap, maintaining his position.

Warning, Klaus Schluze

Stempurszki vs. Schulze // Wielgosz vs. Stempurszki
    Lap 2 Hatzenbach

On lap 2, both Stempurszki and Schulze crash hard unrelated to each other. After his own impact Schulze bounces off the wall into Stempurszki’s way. At this point, Stempurszki is already missing a front bumper and Schulze is not actively doing anything, it’s his car bouncing off the wall. Wielgosz gets collected as an innocent party.

Crazy incident but racing incident

Server 1

Dencs vs. Wisniewski
    R1, Lap 3, after Mutkurve

Wisniewski has a run on Dencs out of Mutkurve. Dencs leaves him very little space and turns in quite late. Wisniewski turns in and makes contact with his rear. In this situation, we think Wisniewski is causing a dangerous situation in a corner where it’s almost impossible to go two wide but he also has very little room to play with, so we half the penalty.

5 points, Wisniewski

Dencs vs. Löhner
    R2, Lap 1, end of the lap

On the Döttinger Höhe, Löhner uses Hyundai power and tries to go for a gap between Dencs and Schäfer, hitting Dencs, but nothing bad happens in this scene.
    In the Hohenrainschikane, Wisniewski is stranded and crosses the track as Dencs approaches. Dencs has to slow down, and Löhner doesn’t slow down as much, hitting Dencs.
    In our opinion, Löhner should have slowed down more because of the incident, but the real problem is the crazy re-entry by Wisniewski. Even if it may not be his fault that he ended up there, Wisniewski has to wait for a better opportunity to rejoin.

5 points, Löhner
    10 points, 1 strike, Wisniewski

Total list of strikes:
    Christian Garcin – 2
    Nikodem Wisniewski – 1
    Marco Müller – 1
    Attila Dencs – 1

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.