Archive: Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jun 19, 2019.

?

Who will win the opening race?

1. Nikodem Wisniewski

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bence Bánki

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Emre Cihan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jack Keithley

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. Julian Kunze

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. a Hyundai cause it is OP!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Are you at the Nürburgring this weekend for the ADAC TOTAL 24h-Rennen Nürburgring?

Make sure to visit the RaceRoom Café am Nürburgring for a chance to drive against the real FIA WTCR Oscaro drivers in the RaceRoom simulators.

Qualifying will be on Friday morning, until 12:30 CEST
    Followed by the Race at 14:30 CEST

Hope to see you there!

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Got a hotlap to share? Took some nice pictures?

Post all your content here!

[​IMG]

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Talk about the upcoming season of Esports WTCR OSCARO here!

And do not forget our Discord Channel, where you can also find lots of simracers, esports drivers and spectators!
    https://discord.gg/JwggPW

5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Bookmark this thread to never miss any announcements regarding the championship.

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Season two of Esports WTCR OSCARO on RaceRoom is go with a live final in Malaysia, €25,000 on offer, and free participation for all players.

Head straight to the competition here!

Presented by OSCARO and KW Suspensions, season two of the online version of the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup with OSCARO begins at 16h00 CET today (25 July) with the start of the time attack for the opening online Multiplayer Championship event at a virtual Hungaroring on 18 August.

There will be seven events in total each featuring a time attack stage plus multiplayer championship races split into four divisions.

[​IMG]

The top division will be streamed live – along with expert commentary – on the FIA WTCR / OSCARO Facebook page, the WTCR’s official YouTube channel and RaceRoom’s Twitch channel.

In addition, there will be regional qualifiers for drivers from the Americas, Asia and Oceania as well as a Russian qualifier for the first time.

A total of 13 drivers will secure their participation for the live final event, with eight of the finalists coming from the Esports WTCR OSCARO Multiplayer Championship.

On Saturday 14 December, to coincide with the WTCR / OSCARO season-deciding WTCR Race of Malaysia at the Sepang International Circuit, the live final event will take place in Kuala Lumpur. The results of several races live-streamed will decide the champion with simracers using equal equipment. A fund of €25,000, which includes prize money and travel support for the finalists, will be available.

[​IMG]

Several drivers who race for real in the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup presented by OSCARO, are planning to take part in the Multiplayer Championship against seasoned Esports racers and teams with more news in due course. Slovakian Bence Bánki secured the inaugural Esports WTCR OSCARO on RaceRoom Multiplayer Championship in his virtual Honda Civic Type R TCR following an action-packed season in 2018. The online excitement is set to intensify for season two.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    After careful testing and analyzing, to ensure a varied and competitive grid, we have decided to set a ballast weight for the multiplayer races, for the following cars
    Hyundai i30 N TCR - 15 kg
    Audi RS 3 LMS - 5 kg
    Honda Civic TCR - 5 kg

You can test the cars with weight on the server "Esports WTCR Practice"

BoP will be under review during the season. If it turns out that one car is still dominant, in choice or performance, we may have to adjust it again (in which case, all drivers of the affected car are allowed to change their car choice).

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invites have been sent via Mail, for round 1:

If you received nothing:
    1) Check spam folder
    2) Complain here and tag me

If you finish P121-P150, make sure to stay ready to maybe get a 2nd round invite on Wednesday.

Final BoP:
    Hyundai i30 N TCR – 13 kg
    Honda Civic Type R TCR – 4 kg
    Audi RS 3 LMS TCR – 2 kg
    CUPRA TCR – 1 kg

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    This Sunday, it’s time for the first live streamed race of the Esports WTCR OSCARO, the virtual racing championship of the FIA WTCR / OSCARO, hosted on RaceRoom and supported by KW Suspensions. Seven online rounds are coming up, and these are the storylines and competitors of the upcoming season.

[​IMG]

THE BEST OF THE BEST IN SIMRACING

With a live final in Malaysia coming up and 25.000 Euro in travel support and prize money on offer, the field is looking stronger than ever before. Of course, the reigning champion Bence Bánki will return to the championship, as the lead driver of the French team SDL eSports by Logitech G. But the competition will be fierce.

Williams Esports, who can count on the support of Williams F1, won the pre-qualifying session with Nikodem Wisniewski behind the wheel, while also featuring Jack Keithley, Kuba Brzezinski and Moritz Löhner.

Last year’s runner-up Tim Jarschel heads the German quartet of EURONICS Gaming, together with Michael Rächl, Florian Hasse and Julian Kunze. The latter two won the ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship this year as a team.

For the first time, Red Bull Racing Esports has entered a driver in the Esports WTCR OSCARO – experienced simracer Nestor Garcia. Another racer from Spain, perhaps a little bit more famous so far, is double Formula One champion Fernando Alonso. He now owns the FA Racing Esports team, which is represented by Kristian Kwietniewski in the top split. But with just half a second separating the top 30, no one can be counted out: Perhaps long-time competitors Jaroslav “Jardier” Honzik or Márk Nándori will land a surprise win on Sunday?

In total, over 3000 drivers participated in the Hungaroring qualifier. The race of the top 30 will be streamed live, with English commentary by James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller, on Sunday, 18. August, at 17:30 GMT (19:30 CEST) here:

The streams will also be live on the FIA WTCR Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/WorldTouringCarCup/

As well as RaceRoom’s Twitch channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience/

[​IMG]

HYUNDAI ON TOP?

In the pre-qualifying session for the first race, it was almost all Hyundai at the front. Only 2 Hondas, those of Bence Bánki and Turkish racer Emre Cihan, managed to break the Hyundai phalanx in the top 10.

With unlimited practice time and reproducible track conditions, the times in Esports WTCR OSCARO are often even closer than in the real cars. Therefore, a very precise Balance of Performance was required, and exactly 13 kg were added to the Hyundai as a performance weight (Honda +4kg, Audi +2kg, Cupra +1kg). As a result, a wide variety of cars and liveries will be participating in the races. Especially the Hungarian drivers, such as Gergo Baldi, David Nagy and Zoltan Csuti from M1RA Esports, have already confirmed their loyalty to Hyundai though and will compete in the #5 livery of Norbert Michelisz.

[​IMG]

HOW DID THE REAL DRIVERS DO?

The battle of the real WTCR drivers had a clear winner: Niels Langeveld was the quickest with a 1:51.552, almost a second quicker than Mikel Azcona and Yann Ehrlacher. As a result, Niels has also qualified for a multiplayer race, where he will compete against 29 simracers.

His race will also be streamed live, on the same day at 15:45 GMT (17:45 CEST), directly before the top split race:

10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    2nd round of invites sent. I sent until P180.

If you received nothing:
    1) Check spam folder
    2) Complain here and tag me

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  13. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    It seems I have the privilege to be the first to post a hotlap on the media topic :cool:

So, here is my hotlap for the first round :)

Unfortunately, I failed at the 183th position so no qualification this time. I will have better chance for the next one.

Enjoy ;)

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    WTCR Pro Niels Langeveld vs. Simracers - live now!

15. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Yann Courtois, your little early on brakes, i was a little late.
    At the end it was completly my fault.
    SORRY

KEEP RACIN

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Live now: The top server of Esports WTCR OSCARO! Who will get the most points on the #RoadToMalaysia?

17. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it was B.Nagy in the golf in front of me??
    So, SORRY to the Golf Driver for the little tab.

KEEP RACIN

18. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It's not me It's B. Nagy.

19. Axel Petit

Axel Petit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello i have a problems , i'm currently 160 in the leaderbord on the round 2 but when i improve my lap im alway at the 160 place ???
    no cut and GET real ....

i made 2.07.8 so im in the top 100 normaly

20. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    special message :
    On server 2 last night the Macau esport team drivers were constantly flashing and caused a lot of concern for the other drivers. This problem should be addressed.
    Either by changing the servers so that everyone can drive in good conditions. Or limit server access by geographic region.
    example
    3 European servers
    1 Asian server
    1 American server

Thank you.

Yann Courtois
    SDL eSports by Logitech G

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.