Question Are older car packs cheaper bcos of physics

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thapelo, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Thapelo

Thapelo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I buy a corvette from the 2013 pack is it cheaper because it uses older physics or is it cheaper because it's an older model of the car? To add to my question if there is an update to R3E physics is it an all round update that affects all cars?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    It's may be cheaper because it has been in the game longer :p That is probably one of the only reasons if it's price actually is a little bit less than others.

It's physics is actually fully up to date. All GTR3, ADAC 13/14/15 cars are on the same up to date physics. So have no fear one of the ADAC 13 cars is using old physics for instance. You can also test drive any car in the store to see how you like them, but I can assure you all GT3 cars are on the same version of physics.

Updating every single car would be an immense amount of work that would never be possible unless Sector3 was a studio the size of Turn 10 or Polyphony (500+ employees). And even then, I dont believe even the games made by them have every single car on the same physics version. It just isnt a thing in the sim racing genre. Physics are always a WIP no matter the game.

Updates to older classes are in the works though. Usually they are updated 1 class at a time, because that is far more manageable than updating a mish mash of older cars. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thapelo

Thapelo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the detailed response

• Like Like x 1
  4. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Very helpful, thks