Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    should be at least... It was laser scaned in Assetto Corsa and an Assetto Corsa Cometizione it should be reworked...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ALL ACC tracks are laserscanned.

All tracks except Zandvoort were laserscanned in AC1 as well.

The Nürburgring in ACC looks differfent, seems to have more objects pklaced, more details, but the trees are more disappointing to me, and I am not yet certain what to think of its looks.

At night, track action and what the healdights do in interaction with objcts ahead, look convincing. In night and rain, there seem to be some inconstencies. But I had wished for more light details ion the trackside, for party and festical tents beign illuminated and such. While the grand stands and box es in pitlane are illuminated and some lamp masts illuminate the track and some track sings, the scenery at night looks too dark and lifeless to me.

But then I compare it to the Nordschleife at night in Gran Turismo Sports, so maybe my standard to which I compare is too high. I tend to like the light magic in GTS better. And the rear lights in GTS are hopelessly superior to ACC's. They are pure fascination formed into a glass body (in GTS).

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Ah, righto, there seems to be plenty of others elsewhere commenting about it to.

4. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    What is this sorcery?

5. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I may be wrong but I thought you had to have either taa or fxaa on?

6. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Since the lastest patch you can set AA to 'disabled', I think the 'low' setting in 0.1.0 did just the same.

7. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ACC is early access,Not yet it is still early to give a comprehensive evaluation.
    However, we can find some points that are better than R3E at this time.
    Let's see the situation.

Let's rejoice that a good rival game of GTR 3 was born.
    SimbinUK will not be able to sleep!:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Rival Game, sadly not really.... GTR3 will go in the Arcade direction... which shocked me to be honest.
    Last thing I know, they released some BS about their content,
    they don't have any real license by now, if things didn't change. ;(

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    185 MB hotfix today. Version number 0.1.2

P.S:
    And this was new to me. In a video interview today Marco Massarutto said that it is "under consideration" that once the full version 1.0 got released there might be DLCs for ACC that add packages for other series, featuring both cars and tracks. He replied with that to a question on wether there will ever be a Nordschleife (that question got not explicitly answered).

Please note: he did NOT CONFIRM that this will come. He said it is UNDER CONSIDERATION. That is a very huge difference. Nothing is certain, nothing is fixed.

He also said that the first release last weak got phenomenal good ratings from users at Steam. 97% positive, he quoted from Steam statistics they got provided with.

• Informative Informative x 5
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Personally I'm really enjoying ACC already, yes there are glitches what's new this early, but atleast we don't have to wait for hot fixes on the next official release, the more I race with the AI the more I see they have very good potential, their not clumsy, they give room if you stick your nose in, and they defend, the future is bright.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A profound issue with the way dampening was implemented, has been officially confirmed by Kunos. It will be tackled not before next release.

That is EA in action that pays off. Fincially for us. Feedback-wise for them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    At first i was wondering what dampening, i needed to take a look at acc forums to figure out. Ffb, it would be nice to have some feeling back in the wheel again.. i can wait a few more weeks.

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Still on hollidays, so haven't tried yet, but I have read a lot in the meanwhile. Some people seem to have no issues with the FFB while others have a range from bad to completely no FFB (even guys who have DD wheels). TM wheels seem to be most problematic.
    From no problem to no FFB is a giant step and I wonder what could be happening. Anyway, next update will include FFB changes.
    Can't wait to try it out with my new acquired OSW set.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster and Logitech seem to be the hardwares the issue shows up. Fanatec not so much, if at all.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not entirely correct, fair few issues with all sorts of hardware, My TM TX300 has few issues, other than the steering and shifters refuse to save, so have to be input on each use, sometimes it's inverted and other times not. In fact personally I was not that impressed, took forever to get my first lap in and when I did, meh!
    After patch 2 I tried again and apart from having to go through setting things up again things had started to feel a lot better, bit of tweaking here or there and I set about hitting some laps, after 20 or so I quit at which point it crashed. Was off out so didn't investigate. Went back to it today and it refused to start, hit the forums to dig out some info (this is where I found a lot are having hardware issues, inc Fanatec) eventually found someone with same issue, followed all the work arounds offered, to no avail, well got it to run briefly in the end but the car was wagging from side to side like a Spaniels tail and then it crashed,
    Really do need a virtual drawer to put my zero mass software in when it can't be used as a coaster. :rolleyes:
    I know, I know EA but the A stands for access, something I most definitely don't have, maybe next month!

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    At the official ACC forum the FFB issue is temporary closed (after 26 pages of sensible and less sensible comments):
    Quote from Pankykapus:
    """""Topic is closed until R2 is out as it's really pointless at this stage and only leads to off-topic or irrelevant discussion."""""

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, whatever you changed and that became changable after 0.1.2, probably had nothig to do with the dampening issue, since they clearly said they cannot/will not tackle it before 0.2.0 in three weeks. From which I conclude they have not done anything on it so far. Also, the recognition of the issue came AFTER release of 0.1.2

But that is all academical only. :) If you think it already feels better for you than with 0.1.0, the better for you! ;)

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I just played ACC for the first time. With my new OSW Simucube. I'm surprised how good it feels, only problem is that the force gets lower throughout a corner.. it should feel more tight. bumps and kerbs are very tight!
    At the moment, Raceroom with the Simucube feels much much more better (but still have to fiddle around with my settings).
    But it was just my first drive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how well other devices are supported in ACC but the FFB with a Bodnar V2 is phenomenal. :eek:

The only setting I needed to change was FFB gain in the ingame menu from 100% to 75% so it doesn't clip. That's all. And it feels awesome. No fiddling with various devices settings, ingame settings or ini files, just switch the damn thing on and drive. There wasn't one single moment where I felt that I needed to change something in the FFB.

I can't describe it with words, you'll get totally immersed by the FFB. You feel exactly what the car is doing, the self aligning torque is spot on. What shocked me is how realistically the steering wheel feels when the front tires locks up. This effect is completely missing in RaceRoom (as well as stationary friction if using a Bodnar system). RaceRoom's FFB feels a bit flat compared to ACC.

I didn't expected much from ACC to be honest but I really like it. RaceRoom and Automobilsta were the only sims I've gladly played in the last years and it's great to have another one in the library that can hold up against RaceRoom's high bar. :)

But that's just an opinion from some random internet stranger. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    My experience exactly. I only experimented with FFB gain, had it at 100, then 60, 70, 75 and now 80, and since then am done. I miss nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3