Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  2. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Downloading now, 400 MB.

4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

Is setup loading now possible?

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, didnt see it in the changelog. How do you guys set VR centering?

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    CTRL + Space
    With the new Hotfix there is a new (strange) possibility holding the Look left-, right- or back-button for about 2 sec.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You can not load your setup in 2D either. Just by clicking on the name of your setup. Thats hard in VR because of missing mouse. Seems like the "OK" button is disabled.

8. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Could someone help me out with some force feedback settings please. T300
    Feels terrible at the moment, back to race room

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    For example:

Gain 70-80%
    Minimum Force 0-5%
    Dynamic Damping 50-100%
    Road 10-35%

However my wheel is different than yours and I do not know the T300 and additionally my wheel has also hardware onboard-FFB options to tune it with, which are my subjective choice and individualize my settings even further.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't see an option for having 'own setup', other than the 4 default options (wet, aggressive, stable, and custom). How do you put in own setup, other than modifying custom?

Yeah, thought there was an option for a single button. This should be fine for now, no longer needing joy2key :D

Not sure if these are optimal, as there's no FFB app (ie. FFBClip in AC by @Atle). Currently have:
    TM Gain=75%, Rest=100%
    In-game:
    Gain=90% (previously 85%)
    MinForce=7%
    Dyn.Damping=50% - still playing with this.
    Road=8%

FWIW, I read some guys discover (and still experimenting) that TM auto-centering is better set to 'by the wheel' (instead of 'by the game'), and set it to 0.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    There is an ffb meter.
    When you have activated the HUD you should see you braking and throttle inputs in the lower right corner. The third bar shows the FFB. When it turns red it's clipping (it usually shows grey peaks).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Right, thanks. Saw it when i ran ACC after I posted. With the settings above (except that I raised in-game gain to 90), clipping only appears to occur only at high-speed corners.

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    How do you other guys handle with the FFB settings?

I use my McLaren on a CSL Elite PS4 with the following settings:

Gain 78
    Minimum 2
    Dynamic Damping 100
    Road 30

But not sure, what Dynamic and Road really is setting.
    Is there a documentation somewhere?

14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Little feedback on this: Custom Setup is your own setup. There you can modify that setup and save it after that. Later you can load it back there...

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I understand modifying the existing ones, but are you able to save them as your own custom (now in v0.2.1)? I tried briefly earlier but couldn't see how you could save a custom one. I'll check again in while.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Dynamic dampening is used to correct between real steering wheel's and simulation steering wheel's rotation speed differences. If the gamewheel can rotate faster than a real wheel, you dampen it. Too much dampening will tone down the subtlety of physics-calculated FFB effects. - Thats how I understood it at least.

Road probablly means "canned" effects that triger FFB due to track features triggering them, not calculated by interaction of all the variables in the physics engine. Thats why many people say they prefer no canned effects at all, to feel the real live calculated effects better. - Thats how it was in AC1.

Gain is the most important setting, one wants it at a maximum value without the FFB-meter showing ongoing clipping.

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    And the clipping is shown how? how far it travels up, or the colour?

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It turns Red if clipping occurs. For me, some clipping at high-speed corners is fine.

@Skybird, in your opinion, how is it best to test finding a preferred value for Dyn Dampening for our wheel? Is it just going oversteer and choosing the preferred dampening tension? Tried 0%/20%/50%/100%, and not sure w/c yet, but maybe I lack miles and need to drive a hundred more. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    My advise is to not exaggerate these things, like with FOV as well. Gain can be set by using a clipping tool, the rest is imo not so important at all. I tried Dampening 100, because it was the default value, but when I switched it to 50, I am not certain that I even perceived the clear difference. Settings on wheel, like possible with Fanatec wheels, might be more important.

On the clipping: you want the indicator to be high, so that FFB is "saturated", and that is not damaged by spikes beyond that maximum level. But if you get plateaus in excess of that treshhold, you should redcue it a bit, because then the subtelty of the then overly strong FFB suffers.

BTW, I set my FFB gain in ACC by taste alone, and do not even know how the clipping tool looks like in ACC. The value I settled with is I think 70, or 75.

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    good thing I don't have to stress myself thinking about clipping. I have my SimuCUBE (20Nm SmallMiGE) at 100% in the software and 25% gain in ACC and it's already insanely strong at peaks (much more than I ever experienced with non DD wheels). Having it at 30% gain is already too strong lol :-\ The FFB meter in ACC barely moves .. it just moves in the first quarter.
    I guess this also has something to do with the FFB effects in ACC. I don't use them, I get more than enough effects naturally. I bet the FFB meter goes more wild when I turn them up a bit.

In Raceroom I just have to up the steering forces and I can get clipping easily (the FFB graph shows it but it still doesn't feel like clipping like I had with the T300). So in Raceroom I use 50% steering forces, 30% FFB strength and 100% in the profiler.. that matches the ACC FFB strength very good.

In rF2 I have 40% in the simucube profiler and 0.7 multiplier in the car settings. Driving a high downforce car is a workout with this.

Before a DD wheel usually clips you're not able to handle it anymore I guess. 50% power/gain/strength is already inhuman and barely controllable in any sim I tested so far.