Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its possible to toggle it (I have no name plates in my ACC driving). I am not sure, experiment with Ctrl or Alt plus I or L key. something like that, I think. It can be toggled for sure.

3. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    V key. But doesn't work in vr.

I managed to edit the json file. Now they're gone.

Did I already say that I love the sound? Holy Shit.

4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Chris Haye nails it about the M6, and about state of things in ACC version 0.3 I agree from A to Z.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    0.3.1 is out, it should have fixed the name label switch in single player, says the readme. ;)

Edit:
    Works. Its the V-key for sure. And my game screen reads already 0.3.3, not 0.3.1. My Steam interface did not log any of the updates after 0.3, but they seem to have arrived nevertheless.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wow, tried it now a few minutes in VR and it's very frustrating.

Escape on keyboard not working while on track
    Seat position moving not working
    Key Re-Binding not working in VR
    Car Lights not working, can't drive in the dark
    Graphics are not smooth here, it's very blurry and jittering all the time, getting headache from this

Loving the immersion and the easy functioning of R3E more and more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ESC works for me.
    Seat position: I forgot to try. In the past it has worked for me.
    Key rebinding: so far has never worked in VR, ACC must be launched in 2D to set keys. Somewhere they even say so.
    Car lights: working for me.
    Graphics: VR, frames seem to be locked to 45. I have shadows on low (I note no difference in game to higher settings, VR), FXAA instead Temporal, the rest set pretty high. No jitters, quite smooth. Effects must be epic or high to see rain drops. Pixel density, if I recall that option name correctly, is 170% (=1.7).

Try reduce shadows, experiment with AA and AF.

Its so good that the grapics options now can be set on the fly, without needing to leave driving session.

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Can you finally assign the key bindings without leaving the driving session?

9. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  10. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Anybody an idea why I have such problems or a fix for them?

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Schuß ins Blaue: hardware conflict? I have to manually callibrate my brake axis in Windows every time I want to drive and have rebooted the Windows-carricature of an OS since last time.

12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    :O
    Das ist nicht effizient! But at least you know where the brake pedal is located :p

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The joke is the other two pedal axis get auto-recognised flawlessly.

14. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No such problems in other games, only ACC.
    It's not a good start for us. Me and ACC. no good feeling while driving. But I won't put many hours in it. If it goes, polay, if not, playing Raceroom, home of my Sim Racing. No trouble there.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Maybe before the next upgrade on Decembre 16th, consider deinstalling completely and do a clean new install.

16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Can not confirm the problems of FormelLMS. I have not one of them.

Graphics are really cool. Sound is phenomenal an switching directly to RRR after a couple of laps let you think you look at a 10 years old game.

We will see what happens, but acc is on a good way to be the no 1 in GT3 racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the sounds of the car are stunning.
    I just did a dozen laps with the M6 at Nürburgring in ACC, and after that the same with the M6 at Nürburgring in RR. Honestly said, the driving does not compare, RR in this direct comparison to me felt very simplified, using that word in absence of a better description. I could do things and drive aggressively and take corners in a fashion in RR that in ACC would quickly lead to an overshooting car, an understeering car, even a car beyond control.

Did the same some days ago with the Huracan at Paul Ricard, and found the same. ACC it much more serious, I must admit that. the age and development difference shows clearly. It relatively simple to log a lap in RR whithout a driving mistake and without leaving the track, doing a simple clean lap I mean. I find that much more difficult in ACC. Practically every lap I drive has one, two or three flaws. Consistency never was a strength of mine in racing sims, but in ACC my deficit really stands out.

BTW, Paul Ricard at dawn or sunset or in the night looks much better in ACC than in bright daylight. The drive is the same unpleasing experience since the track layout stays the same, but it looks - well, it looks damn good. Replay from the trackside with static cameras and then looking around in VR: very good. But AA and AF and such mustgete optimised, at the end of development.

Maybe in the longer term it will not be enough to just replace the graphics engine in RR and retuning the physics within the existing model. Maybe the physics engine becomes an issue in itself as well, since it defines the limits of the framework within which any retuning can be done.

Next comes the 488 and Hungaroring, one week before christmas. Thats a good christmas for sure, both the car and the track!

I replays with AI cars, one can toggle through the other cars already there, sit in the cockpits. Man, there is some good stuff coming. The immersion in the 488 and the Mercedes cockpits are fantasticissimo.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird How much races have you done IRL in GT3 cars ? Sounds like you know how these cars handle.

19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    This is a stupid question. Drive both to understand, that the feeling of ACC is more true. The sound sounds much better and the car is more life (handmovement, buttons lightened, etc etc), the tracks look more living (damned, i like the smoke grenades in the final lap)...hm, its defenetly a milestone coming.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    How do you know it's more true if you've never driven a GT3 in real life ? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3