Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I have driven so much cars on a racetrack (especially at the Ring), that i belive i can say what feels "real" or not in a racing sim (i dont say R3E feels bad, its defenetly the best right now!!!). Not driven a GT3, true, bus was behind one a couple of times (ok, only short :) - see at 0:15 )

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Different people, different opinions.
    I don't like the graphics, I prefer R3E sound and I like the handling from R3E more.
    A really long way for ACC to go, to be there, where R3E is.

The Unreal engine isn't the best way to go for sim racing. Popping textures, LOD total wrong, washed and blurry pictures. In VR very jagged. No feeling for the cars.
    No thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I just compare the driving sensation and car behaviour in two sims. You may not like my conclusion, but in principle I am consistent with what I say since three years. AC I always described to offer the more subtle, sensible FFB and physics behaviour, making the driving more difficult, and car control easier to be lost. Then came the physics changes in RR implemented by Alex Hodgkinson, and the cars started to feel more alive, more agile, less simple. RR got closer to AC1, in these regards. Now ACC adds the feeling of mass, of real weight and heaviness to the cars, and keeps the complex physics feeling of AC1. This makes it feeling closer to the always more grip-oriented, heavier feelings of RR cars, but being superior in subtelty and agility again.And so I like the ACC physics experience best.

So my conclusion is what I have often communicated before: simulation is about providing the illusion of being real, and the illusion in ACC to me is currently the most believable amongst those games that I know.

The rest remains to be seen. The title in under construction. To judge it already now as if it were the final product that already has undergone all optimization, makes no sense at all. I too am not happy with everything in it. But the potential has been clearly revealed, and it is immense. If they manage to knot all loose ends together and fulfill all their intentions they communicated regarding features and how they plan it to be once it is finished, then it will eat every race sim on the market out there, including iR and rF2 - and RR.

Heck, its the youngest and latest contender, developed by a very competent team with loads of experience and first class racing and business contacts - is it really that surprising that they show up with something great?

4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't completely get it.
    For you, if it's more simple, it's not real?

btw, GT3 cars are rather easy cars, because they are used by gentlemen drivers :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Update

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No. Greater difficulty must not necessarily imply greater realism.

Take airliner sims as an example, many people use them and think they must do everything by themselves and refuse any options the package may offer to simplify their task. But in reality, the cockpit job is done by TWO people, so if player thinks he must do the second guy's job himself, too, ironically he does it not more but less realistically then.

But to me I can have a too easy cruise in RR with high speeds in turns where in AC or ACC I already would overshoot or fly off, and the car behaviour offers more subtelty to my percepetion. What the car is like in ACC to me is more believable. It is glaubwürdiger. RR in comparison feels simplified. If I would take a line and speed pattern in the Mercedes areana in ACC, or AC1, like I can do in RR, then I would not make it through that passage, I would understeer or oversteer, overshoot, maybe even spin out. I must be more on my guard and far more aware of my inputs in AC. Throwing the car around like I can do in RR, would get punished in ACC. Its more complex a driving experience in AC. And that has its own satisfaction.

Which does not mean I do not like to drive in RR. It is good enough, taken for itself it is even very good, and I often pick it up, last but not least due to the great track content, and the sitll pleasant graphics. I like this different driving as well at times. Else I would no longer be here. ;) Or post about RR in a certain other forum on the web... LOL

P.S. I even like to log some laps in Gran Turismo, occasionally. I think of GT Sports as a very polished, round, complete and elegant package, I like it for what it is.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  8. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello sniper ... your video with the defect is not playing
    Here is my example for comparison ...

9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Comparison between what?

10. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It works now! :eek: My mark:
    RRRE 9.0 vs ASS 0.1 ...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  11. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Reading a few minutes in ACC Forum and seems that the hyped guys are only here in this forum.
    What I see are many unsatisfied people with very much problems there.

It seems that UE4 isn't the right choice for Sim Racing as I've said.
    I'm really hoping, that Kunos can fix as many of their problems.

What I like in their forum: I've asked about my problems and get an answer what could fix it.
    Asking here about my problems I've gotten only: "Praise the ACC, it is the best, we don't have this problems like you, you're the only one, the problem is you"

But seems that I'm one of those without pink glasses

I know that it's in a very early stage, but it is a stage where noone can say it is better than xyz in any way. It isn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    How should i help you fixing a problem that i dont have?

I fixed two problems in ACC (Driver names in VR and Load/Save issue) und postet the clue in the ACC Forum. Finished.

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I dont think there should be given any notex, before the final release is out.

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    changelog v0.3.4

- Optimized netcode to prevent certain spikes, causing high pings for all clients
    - Fixed Chat Widget timestamp overflow and timezone
    - Lowered Chat position
    - Fixed nameplate visibility
    - Fixed possible memory leak for long replay recording
    - Increased fov and slightly increased maximum distance of the mirrors
    - Improved AI line at start straight to avoid incidents with cars exiting pitlane
    - Paul Ricard asphalt grip fine tuning
    - Fixed BMW M6 automatic clutch not holding idle at 2nd or higher gear
    - Improved (more permissive) Paul Ricard track limits at T2, T5 and outside of T11

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    FormelLMS,

I cannot help oyu adressing a problem of yours that I cannot replicate on my own rig. Also, the Kunos forum is the one that is meant to support both players and developers, where as this thread here is just an exotic "alien" in Raceroom forums, keeping interested people up to date on what goes on in the ACC world. You will never have as many ACC drivers in this thread, than you have in Kunos forums - like you will never have as many Raceroom drivers in the Raceroom thread at Kunos' boards as you have here in Sector3's forum. That you get more and better replies and support there than here for ACC, is no wonder, don't you think?

The graphics in Kunos forum ar really embattled ground. Some really attack them, some really defend them, many, like me, see a work in progress as - well, as a work in progress. In half a year we will know better what ACC will look like, and how it performs. Personally I am VR exclusively, I tried to drive AC in 2D, but cannot go back to that. All I say on the graphics has to be understood under this premisse: VR. And the graphics discussion at Kunos forums has become so tiring and repetitive - and stubbornly ignorrant regarding the nature of EA - that i have stopped following it. I usually just post my feedback currently on the latest build they released, and not more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You both just don't get, what I've meant.
    Funny. But hey, no problem for me.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, you kind of accuse me and Andreas of "hyping" it and thus: generlaising its greatness, at the same time you generalise yourself: the flaws that you perceive, as if evberybody would agree on them. ;)

Myself, I did say that I think the driving experience itself indeed is kind of superior already, yes. My main complaint is the visual representation of trees and bushes in VR, and the AI. The driving however, and the sound as well, imo indeed already are ahead of RR. And anything else I now in driving titles. Yes, guikty I am, as charged - on this detail: driving, physics. And this although theHuracan has seen chnages made since 0.1, but these changes all are within a certain margin . In visuals and AI, I want to see massive improvements, these are my points of criticism. MP I do not judge, I tried once with 0.3.0, and it did not start at all, I never tried again so far. Not that much interested anyway.

The driving currently is already satisfying enough for me. I just drive my car, and thats my joy. Races I rarely tried. But then, I prefer trackday-kind of setups anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    We will see, when it's out of EA.
    I only say, that I'm not very impressed and I really hope that they could do it. And I really hope, that they prove me wrong with my thesis, that UE4 isn't good for racing sims.

Graphics, sounds, physics, UI handling.

Jan Seyffarth isn't impressed about the physics, too. He said that in his last video while comparing wet and dry.
    And, sorry, he knows, how those cars behave.

19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Other sims would be glad, if someone can compare wet and dry. :)

I think, there is much work to be done, and it show that they work. Hotfix 4 is out now for 0.3, so they are very busy. And the know what to do. I dont know, but i cant remember the last general update of R3E that not only had payable content and a little few tewaks. Sorry, but this AI-selector thing is redicolous meanwhile (and i like driving R3E to be not misunderstood, but i only see $$$).

20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    A bit too general. He isn't impressed of physics in wet conditions. Kunos decreased grip level generally for driving on a wet track he said, irc.