Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Slideshow? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Somebody seems to have not gotten the irony in my words... ;) :D

3. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just mentioned this on the official forum Constant-Micro-Micro-Nano stutters after this update. Ya gotta do 10 laps just to make sure it ain't in your head.

4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I dont have any stutters atm in ACC. Sounds and the difference of the cars (how liveley it is, to sit in the cockpit), is outstanding. Fhighting (not driving) the Jag is sensationall.

Absolutely love it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Have you been paid...?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I don't get the joke of your posting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    You should be a politician.

Back on topic... Can the people with fluid, non blurry, pref 90fps in VR send specs and .ini tweaks please.
    Cheers

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The frames seem to be locked at 45 by Kunos, for everybody. I have never read somebody claiming he gets 90. I said it is 45 for me, too. Nevertheless smooth as silk. Sharpness 300%, pixel 170%. And I even have ASW forced off in the Oculus debug tool. No further ini-tweaks, all I played aroudn with is just the default graphis options menu.

On first build released I complaine dbaout the blurry looks of ACC myself, too. But that was before I played with the setup a bit. And I did nothing special in there. The blurriness in the distance now is not more and not less than what I have in RR.

The game is not optimised so far. Optimization comes last, I understand.

There might or might not be differences in vosual quality, betwene games and between peopleS' platforms. Comes life, comes difference, okay, live with it. What kills my nerves a bit is that some people post hopeless exaggerations and call even a small decline over theoretically piossible maximum performance "unplayable" and " a mess". ACC's VR-representation are not different to the standard I grew familiar with in VR games over the past 14 months. And the typical 2D screen gaphcis imo are spectacular. Mine look like in the videos iof Chris Haye, so his videos pretty much are in reach of what can be acchieved.

Stop these pointless exaggerations, guys. Where it is unpolaybale indeed, chances are its not the general state of ACC, but some individual thing with your system. Granted, however, ACC needs a beefy system. This is not for the faint of GPUs and CPUs.

Ironically I prefer races done in AC and RR so far, especially RR. As a race event, aCC so far suffers form the same sterile atmosphere as AC. The uncreative, clean but unambitioned AI has much to do with that. It can be fast (for my standards), but it just does not fight amongst itself. In RR I see AI cars staging a 2-diemnsionla aerial dogfight in the mirror, and I see 4 cars ahead of me starting a brawl and keeping rumbling lap after lap. Not so in ACC. This is, in my book, the biggest flaw in it so far. Big enough that it keeps my interest muted a bit, as a matter of fact. Raceroom's AI rocks the house!!!:) Also, like I did two days ago, being at Spa with 100 totally different cars from two thirds of all car classes there are in RR, is as close to a real trackday as it can get, and has its own charms. :D

When driving ACC, i so far prefer to be alone on the track, working ony my driving. Its much more difficult to log a clean lap and stay in control of the car and meet all breaking and acceleration points nicely, than in RR. Driving the cars in ACC demand far bigger share of my attention span.

P.S. It just struck me that there are two kinds of people apparently. :) The first group is players being happy if they find they can enjoy a game, and for that maximise demands and expectations. The other group tries as hard as it can not to enjoy it. I think from an economic point of view the first group is better off. ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  9. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'll amend my question then...

I can barely read the tyre temps on the dash in ACC, and the rear-view screen on the Ferrari is... questionable.

Then I go onto AC1, R3E or rF2 and it is so much clearer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    In VR only i guess? My screen counter shows 120 fps (low settings) but, yeah it looks like 45.
    It's not unplayable, but not enjoyable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    But you understood that I was joking anyway :p

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. I understood that you where trying to joke. Jokes normally make me laugh.

@Skybird
    Have same experience like you. Locked on 45 fps in vr brings me perfect smooth pictures.

Does sharpening option something in vr?

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  13. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Would you be so kind as to share your settings and specs? Maybe then more people could enjoy ACC, instead of just shelving it.

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Specs:

NVidia GTX 1080
    Intel Core i7-8700K
    16 GB

Oculus, Fanatec McLaren + V3 Pedals

Setting manly High and Epic (Foliage low, Mirror Med, Motionblur off, Shadows low)

SS with DebugTool set to 1.7, ASW Forced On via STRG+Num3

World Scale set to 1.01 to get proper view in pits.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.

Definitely not a requirements issue then. Have you made any tweaks to the engine.ini file?

16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    on 0.3, yes. but now i can not find my engine ini.

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Dont know why the recording is so shaky:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Tell me all you lot that use VR, why is it when we watch it back you guys always look like you driving on the tilt or leaning? the view is never central to driver position or the wheel, everything just looks like it's all over the place, or you all drink and drive and your leaning against the window..:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    You just see one Eye (/Monitor) when you record VR - left or right , thats why it always looks like that ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    After watching my vr footage the first time I was asking myself the question why my head was always tilted to the left... You don't notice when you drive that your head is not exactly straight.
    Yeah and that it's off center is because the recording software only records the picture from one eye.