Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    ACC, so good they're in the process of a total rewrite. :rolleyes:
    The funny thing is I want to really like every Sim I spend money on, whatever the cost. ACC 1 was a first attempt at moving to U4, although I have no problem with it being in EA and fully expected issues I most definitely can't get it to look anything other than poor. I see screen shots of these beautifully rendered cars, yet in Sim it is just horrible, cartoon like. There is no FOV that works with my triple setup, to get it looking ok in car the track becomes a path, Zolder was undriveable the way I had it and to get the track looking ok I have to sit in the back seat to drive. Nah, no matter what others may believe, it's broken, well on my system at least. I have the same system as @Eisprinzessin basically, though non VR.
    ACC, so good they're in the process of a total rewrite or did I mention that already?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    They might be going to do a rewrite, atleast they are prepared to correct it, unlike Irritable Bowel and his Pcars 1/2..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  4. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. I'm just going to wait until the full re-write. The fact that they're doing this must therefore indicate major problems...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    They are not doing a "full rewrite". They found that the way they planned MP collided with unforseen problems in reality, and that this would hinder the easiness to expand the sim further once they have 1.0 done. So they rewrite the MP aspect of it, to allow better and easier implementation of future development post-1.0. All I can say to that is: yum-yum-yummy! Its an indication that they strongly tend to support the game beyond the Blancpain 2019 license. Longterm committment, in other words.

The plan is the first victim in battle, and every intention of how one means somethign to be, is just a plan untested by reality.

Its intelligent that they slammed on the brakes and started new in this regard. And no reason for mockery. Only a foolish team would have continued to drive deeper into a dead end.

Again, MP gets rewritten. Not all the sim, ohysics, graphics - MP. You want to compare that, Goose, to the MP in RR that until today suffers from microstutterings and micro interruptions when people join and leave servers - it can be a hazard when driving, depending on the situation you are in. Just last week I went into the green and kissed a wll due to this. With AC, MP is being solid, stable, and super smooth. So, its not as if Kunos do not know how to get MP stable and smooth and reliable.

Its EA, not the final state of things. And they work with another engine, not their own one that they once had tailored to suite their needs perfectly.

I had two races yesterday, at Zolder, GT4s in RR, and ACC. Both were fun, but very diferent kinds of fun. In RR, it was the fun of not needing to mind the car that much, but getting absorbed by the constant duels everywehre before and behind me. In ACC, same track, I was far more focussed on just keepign the car on track without overdriving it. It is obviously a quesiton of taste, which kind of these two funs one prefers, but that is the point: they are not better or worse, they are different. Racing (the whole event, interacting with the AI) makes more fun in RR. Driving makes more fun in AC/ACC, is more challenging and puts your driving skill more to the test - the AI is, well, uninteresting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

I'm not talking about the physics mate, the blurriness and low fps in VR are the killers for me, if you are correct, and only MP is getting rewritten, then I hope they optimise it before release, otherwise it's going to just gather dust.

I'm not refusing to play it simply because of "teething problems", I'm not using it because I CANNOT read the dash, and CANNOT drive with fps in the 20s.

If the sim is working perfectly fine for you, on your system, that's great, it just seems like a lot of people seem to think that people who are getting shite performance etc are "haters". That couldn't be further from the truth, I WANT to like it, drive it etc, but I can't for the reasons I've mentioned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The 2019 season DLC is due in the Summer. Did anyone really think Kunos would stop support 3 or 4 months after launch? Even SMS support their games for at least 12 months. Kunos are the DLC kings. I'm sure the 2020 series is already in the works :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As I said before, what annoys me is people making exaggerations (and generalizations and simplifications). Nit exactly meaning you, but still.
    However, these are my ingame options. I have somehow (forgotten how) enmabled the ingame frame counter, it it says all the time "45", ot me its all smooth, 90 doe snot look smoother to my eyes. Antialias needs to be toggled and tried, due to ghostign effects - some people are more annoyed by it then others. I can read the dashboard, thoguh if letters are small I may need to lean a bit forward. But that is not different from other games in VR.
    [​IMG]

My specs
    i7 8700K 6x3.7 GHz, Asus ROG Strix Z370-F, 32 GB RAM 3000 (since just a few days, 16 GB until early last week), Asus Strix GTX-1080TI OC (416.16), SSD Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB, HD WD Black 2TB, PSU BeQuiet! Dark Power P11 750W, CPU fan Noctua NH-D 15S, monitor 1920x1080, Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4&PC, Fanatec CSP v3, Oculus Rift

No special tuning, no manual overclocking.

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    dont you find 300% sharpness ugly as hell? looks almost like cell shading :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    What's 'not exactly' ;).

In all seriousness though, we have very similar specs, and yet get very different results, which must boil down to an optimisation issue?

Either way, I'm going to try again when they mention VR optimisation updates in their change-logs. As I've said before, I don't 'hate' the game. But I simply cannot drive it, and no I'm not exaggerating, the low fps I get while driving actually makes me nauseous, something I've never experienced before with VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    But is that game or user system, seems to me some folks in a lot of different games have issues that other users dont with the same or very simillar specs, the game dosnt choose who it is going to perform for, it just does its thing, whereas the user system can be configured so vastly different that any game on two different systems can perform and look like two different games.

Oooh, im seriously tempted to try it now, havnt done since early release and the poor (at the time) vr performance ;)

12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Got sod all to do with taste, it's about reality, GT3 the gentleman's race car, they are easy to drive. In this day and age, all race cars should be relatively easy to drive, it's all about that last 1% of pace the more capable drivers achieve.
    As for micro stutters, I have not had any for months, since the last major update, in fact I only come up against problems in every Sim other than RR. If I want guaranteed racing, then RR is where I head for, compared to most it's slick, that is not saying it's without fault, just less than most and definitely the best sounding and looks (for DX9) are pucker.
    We all know ACC is in EA, we most surely don't need reminding every time someone is not happy with their experience. Whatever is being rewritten, lets only hope it improves the graphics for me and sorting out my FOV.

13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Homer Simpsons new ride, sweet!

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have not "optimized" neither the game, nor my hardware. Would not even know how to do that. I am not interested any more in these kinds of insider tricks as I was years ago. All I can say is, with the posted options and specs, it works for me like i described.

15. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm talking kunos optimizing their end, not our hardware/software.

16. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Again, MP gets rewritten. Not all the sim, ohysics, graphics - MP. You want to compare that, Goose, to the MP in RR that until today suffers from microstutterings and micro interruptions when people join and leave servers - it can be a hazard when driving, depending on the situation you are in. Just last week I went into the green and kissed a wll due to this. With AC, MP is being solid, stable, and super smooth. So, its not as if Kunos do not know how to get MP stable and smooth and reliable.
    I totally agree...

17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Some have been unlucky with the old jitters but personally I haven't had anything other than the odd jolt once in a blue moon for months. As for AC I have very little experience due to finding it a tad dull for me, so have kinda passed it by, far to many more exciting (for me) Sims out there and far to little time. Been trying my hardest to get into ACC but not feeling that either. Going through some major rig tweaks at the mo, hoping release 6 inspires me more than I'm getting as of now. Really wish I could get into AC, have supported it (financially) since its release and do like (in parts) some mods, especially the retro DTM one but don't actually hardly ever fire it up, here's hoping the rig makeover inspires me to branch out more.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

If that does not tease an officially sim-supported MOTEC data interface, then I do not know.

AC's legacy continues. The level of detail inside cockits is second to none. The resulting cockit immersion is breathtaking (in VR at least). I sit in the cockpits and I always look first for the triggers for laser cannons and photon torpedoes to take on the death star.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    photon torpedos to take on the death star?

wrong tv series/movies :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A true Borg takes technology from whereever it comes. ;)