Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But there were no Borg in Star Wars :-D

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    0.6 is out.

I expect a quick hotfix or patch upgrade, since there seem to be severe performance issues with mirror resolutions beyond low, despite the readme saying they optimised CPU performance by 30-40%, or something like that they said. The game currently seems to eat that gain up, and then some more.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the Borg made short process with it. When the Borg came, there was no Star Wars anymore. Only an experimental Borg called C3PO.

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    With mirror resolution on low, it's actually noticeably better than on previous version. I only drop slightly below 60fps at start on Paul Ricard in night and storm conditions where previously I had around 45fps on same settings.

I finally figured out why I was struggling with ACC so much. Answer was I had brake gamma set to 5 and was understated out of every corner. Setting it to 1 makes brake pedal linear as I'm used to since I got into simracing.

My lap with Nissan on Monza.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Whats the setting in the garage setup under TC and ABS settings?

"Telemetry rounds"

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    That's for the new motec feature. You can put there the number of (last) laps you want to have saved. Then you can use this file in the free to download motec program and there you can analyse your braking points, your steering, throttling and so on.

It's actually a real racing analysing system transfered into sim racing.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...gcd1KkGSXPGuHxk9J4Y-Vk4gBx5qGII9iRnlD85Zguo94

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The Motec interface software was already usable in GTR2. I did back then.

I struggle with the new one in ACC, cant get it to work. Its probably me, but there could have been easier ways to export data files: a button that detects the MOTEC software and its installation location, and just sends the data from ACC to there.

8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Reloading and reinstalling Motec solved my issues. The ACC workspace previously got not recognised. All the usual Motec channel display are now displayed. Nice to check it out, but I probbaly will not use it anyway, since my fanatic simulation days are over, I see things more relaxed these days. 10, 15 years ago I c ould turn inot a Nazi over getting realism precisely right.

But there are CTDs now after some strange sound loop bug that have hit me three times now, also, both Nissans all of a sudden are gone from one race session to the next, cannot be found in the menu anymore.

Think I lean back and leave it alone until 1.0. Track looks nice, but is Monza, and I am not interested in Monza, its boring to drive. The Nissans drives very predictable and solid, are the least tricky of all them cars released so far, but in a good way. AI improved a bit, but still lacks, there are simply enormous deficits, imo. Fighting the aI in RR is fun, and is a fight, in ACC, the AI is - okay, its there, feature checked, so-la-la, next please.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hotfix 0.6.1 out, 460 MB.

Will test later.

11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Boy...this is called Simulation!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Now, I need an engineer to understand the data :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Or an arcade racing game :)

14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Or following a tutorial to understand the data ;)

15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well this is nice, but I could get exactly same graphs using rFactor 1 or Race 07 :p

Still, nice to see native support

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    or just look at the shiny and colorful graphs and be happy. Print them out and frame them :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    These graphs speak more truth than any video meant to illustrate driving style, - problems, - habits. No driver can hide his mistakes from such analysis. Also, its not too difficult to understand what they mean and illustrate if just spending a bit of time for checking them out. Nobody must be discouraged - if the interest is given to indeed get more "professionally".

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hit by hit the hammer falls: 0.6.2 released, 360 MB.

Its recommended to bypass Steam VR for avoiding performance issues. Use the exe with -VR added to command line instead.

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thought id share this here also for those that may need it.
    Windows hmd workaround.
    Use revive, same as you would for other games, makes the menus and overlays work as they should.
    It does give a bit of a hit 20-30% to performance but makes the vr experience a whole lot better. Its a bit skitty, jumps around a bit but does work as intended on my Samsung hmd.
    Following link for google search results on how to use it. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+revive&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Make sure you reset your vrsettings.ini to default else you will still have the fixed menus and overlays following you around.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile, two more releases in the past days. Version number is now 0.6.4