Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Display the game on a single screen is not a problem at all indeed. On triples 7680x1440 I have to reduce the settings.. No problem for me. as long as the sharpness is'n to much affected.

2. Quicksilver

Quicksilver New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to sound rude but thats the most basic and obvious "advice" one could give and furthermore, it's not even always true, though it can obviously be the solution sometimes.

Sadly troubleshooting is not always that easy and especially with vr (but not limited to) can range from deactivating hardware polling in monitoring tools, to driver level issues on the oculus device, where some versions introduced reproducible performance issues with games based on the UE4 engine.

In F1 2016 for example the superfetch service from windows caused almost second long freezes for some people. How do you fix something like that by lowering your ingame settings?

In fact i tested the performance difference between 23 and 5 ai and it's basically the same which does not sound plausible to me.

It's not about "looking around at the scenery" it's about little stutters that can be super annoying in VR.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The latter sounds like an issue I had with Dirt Rally in VR. Microstutters every couple of seconds. Nothing worked, none of the uusal advices worked. Quite some people were affected, a reliable solution is not agreed until today. Point is originally it worked, then they had one final update, and that messed it up, and they never came back to it. Dirt Rally is said to suffer formt he same problem.

The difference is: ACC was developed with VR on mind from beginning on, while Dirt 1 and 2 got VR thrown in later on, without orginal plans to have it in the game.

You could try to switch off nVidia Experience, if you happen to have that damn thing running. Its a hog.

4. Quicksilver

Quicksilver New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well...i did not have anything running in the background to begin with (except steam and oculus home obviously) so that's sadly not an option :(

I tried really everything i could think of, including disconnecting my new g-sync compatible monitor and running the rig with just the rift. The only fix i could try is a fresh install of windows but the system is pretty fresh, without any bloatware and i'm not really in the mood for that.

For now i have uninstalled ACC again, will stick to AC with SP and RRE :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Could not agree more. I recently spent an entire day trying to optimize for VR. It’s a absolute insane struggle even with a 2080ti over clocked.
    You read on the forums over there about people who are running butter smooth. I don’t believe that and they are running at 45fps and will admit they get stutters during their butter smooth experience. Not to mention you can’t read any of the signage or corner markers until they are about 5 meter in front of you.

I started in AC as the vr experience made sim racing reasonable and exciting for me coming from real life (the stereo vision is a must for me - way over triples). But there must be 45 hidden options that all have to be changed in a text editor just to get 45fps working in a sorta ok state. That’s with low pixel density and the absolute worse anti aliasing of any game I’ve seen in maybe 10 years. It just turns the game into a blurry mess - turning it to epic and then going into the engine ini and altering its behavior makes it better but it no way acceptable. Once you do all the tricks the game just looks pitiful compared to the competition and your running at barely half speed.

I opted to put my index at 120hz and then run always on reprojection to get 60fps. Then turned everything so low to get that working it looked like a game from the early 2000’s.

Jumping back into Raceroom or Iracing and you realize quickly you wasted your time trying to get it working. Which is really sad as it’s physics, and car/track selection are pretty top notch if you like gte/3 and the cars are complete having things like abs adjust, amount of traction control settings that are like the real car, ENGINE MAP!!, and TC cut offs. Stuff raceroom really should have deployed ages ago in my opinion.

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Regarding VR, these are the little things that helped me making the game tolerable (I'm using Valve Index with Steam VR, my other specs are in my signature):
    - I'd highly recommend getting fpsVR, it's a great little tool for measuring both CPU and GPU usage in-game
    - Enabling motion smoothing (or ASW in Oculus) can also help reduce the occasional micro-stuttering
    - Limiting the visible cars to 18 can help with bigger fields
    - Setting my Index to 80 Hz instead of 90 also makes wonders with a 25-30 car grid on my config
    - Disable virtual mirrors and set the mirror resolution and distance as low as you can tolerate, because it is the most resource intensive feature in-game

But even like this, when someone is right behind me and the game needs to use a more detailed model for them, I get noticable stutters, but otherwise the game runs fairly smooth. And of course, most of my in-game graphics settings are on low-medium except for anti-aliasing and textures.

Here is a left eye recording from one of my latest races with OBS OpenVR plugin:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I never cared for the hud in acc, but now that a few more options are available its better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  9. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    They are simhub overlays, the rpm/gear indicator I modified and the fuel/tire/map can be downloaded over at the racedepartment, acc download section.

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok, yeah, couple of Simhub overlays. Thought you meant there were more options in ACC :D Though your gears hud is not from those by RFocnnn, right?

11. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The gear/rpm I modified from another overlay, your welcome to it.

12. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  13. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Sim Racing Systems is about to add acc to their roster, many people have been asking for this.

Sim Racing Systems

14. Jim Eriksen

Jim Eriksen Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    really looking forward to that and have waited a long time for this ;)

15. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Kunos annouced gt4 and british track pack dlc as well as console ports coming before summer

Hope they would offer some discount for early acess adopter like me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Really pleased to see support for the British GT.. - Donnington and Oulton park are fantastic tracks.

At this rate it's gonna be a hell of a game in ~2yrs time when systems can finally blitz it in VR. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe it's this:
    • This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
    • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
    • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  20. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Looks like Sim Racing Systems is going to have races, exclusively for the porsche gt3 cup car. Not effective as of yet, but the daily schedule is up and one can add the game in their control panel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020