Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Marco Massarutto, in a statement on the soon-release of ACC, lost one sentence on the studio size of Kunos Simulazioni - they currently employ 22 people.
    • According to him, the game on Wednesday will feature "practice, hotlap, hotstint (that, once will be finalized, I believe it will keep you on the seat for long time) and quick races. About weather and track conditions, you will be able to drive at your favourite time on the overall night&day cycle, and different weather conditions (from sunny to storm) will be available as well, except for the dynamic weather (variable conditions) that is still under development." Only the Huracan is available for the player, though the AI may drive around some Audis and Ferraris as well (which are not yet finalised and thus unavailable to the player).
    • Nurburgring was choosen for the first release because it is some of the oldest track ressources done by Kunos in AC (2012) and showed the biggest difference to later track standards in AC like Red Bull Ring. It was time to give it a serious update. Also, the timing of real life events at the track played a role in that decision.
    Full announcement and further details here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-statement-from-marco.159193/

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Who is polishing his simracingsetup and cleaning his room to get rid of the time, too? xD

6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I sit in my office, PC is running at home. Hoped for a ready to play ACC on my last day in Germany, before Holiday starts. But 1800 is rally dump :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Downloading

[​IMG]

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    RD's Paul Reffrey must have gotten an earlier than early access copy of the sim, his review already is up:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-early-access-review.159232/

Sounds like what I expected (and hoped for): this release might be the nemesis for the other genre titles and their developers that run the market currently. A full broadside of nemesititis, so to speak. Whose there to pick up the gauntlet?

Downloading.

9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    If only it had more interesting cars to choose from :rolleyes:

Also downloading, gonna give it short spin after league race

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Alter Falter. There is something growing.

Gave it a try and its phantastic.

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - feels and looks pretty nice already... hm, did someone tried the AI-Race? Is it just me or is the Car-Light not working for now? Flash-light is working at least with keyboard-button, but in the end of the race it was pretty dark to drive ^^

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, didnt work.

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I mean, there much little details that are interessting. This possibility to blink to left and right, sparks if you hit the bottom (see my screenshot from today) etc etc

You feel the blank tires, after breaking to late, Engine Mapping possible to set...

Yes, it looks very promising. Looking forward to VR support next month. But i think GT3 racing takes place in ACC in the near future if the other devs dont stretch their legs.

Attached Files:

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Holy cow. If I were any of the other studios, I would be very concerned now.

Obviously it is a very early development release, obviously many things are missing, do not work as intended, are buggy, and still - what already is on display here, both visually, accoustically and regarding handling, gameplay, AI, blows my mind away. Something very special is growing here. They are in a league of their own with this project. And that has plenty to do with their experience and trial-and-error with their earlier titles, and the positive benefits it has when you can focus on only one set of car specification (=one series), instead of needing to serve your ressources and code solutions on many different car types.

I had no headlights in race with AI cars, too. But I have them in hotlap and hotstint. BTW, in replays this is the best night headlight effects since Dirt Rally.

Driving in a thunderstorm at midnight blessed me with enlightenment and turned me into a transcended believer. :) Both the visual effects on the windshield (lights hushing by, wipers, and the water effects at the rims of the windshield) distracted me enormously and caused several accidents. :D I then focussed again and started to sneak around the track. I crawled. Who would have thought that just getting the car around the track would be so challenging and so full of surprised to whcih i had to react?

The AI in race (which once ended in a CTD, however), is very, very good - and I had not even piushed the slöider beyond 90 so far. If you get shot off by the AI in this, do not look at the AI, look at yourself. And the same time it seems to be not as pacifistic anymore as it was in AC.

I did not hide my high expectations in past months. But this first release already is beyond them. Any title on the market today that plans to stay in business for longer time to come, can not afford not to find proper answers to this, I think. Kunos are at raising the standard tremendously, and it can only get better from here on.

And the sounds - are excellent as well, top class.

VR, Bentley GT3 and Misano on Octobre 10th - I cannot wait! Judging by example of how they did things with AC, I expect hotfixes, probably several ones, in the coming days.

P.S. If you have not, try higher colour saturation. I like the looks better that way.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    At least a nice feature to have... For me, the saturation in most games is a bit to high and that way is giving it a gamey look... the default-setting is quite good for me. Has a nice natural appeal... but definitely depends on taste and the display that is in use - so nice that it can be adjusted.

To give it a negative point to keep a bit weight-balance to the overwhelming feedback so far... Maybe it is a bit related to the default-Setups but IMO the cars feel a bit unstable. It's pretty much impossible to catch a slide and the car really gets very nervous on curbs (killing curbs)... sometimes it feels a bit surprising... A thing that the old AC already was known for and if I remember right should have been fixed for ACC.

I thought I was driving just a bit to aggressive (which I get always told in the corners), but watching the Videos from @Georg Ortner and Nicky Thiim after I was giving it a shot, they seem to struggel more or less the same way. Especially Nicky Thiim seems to be a bit surprised some times when that happend... maybe a thing were Aristotelis should look and tweak a bit at...

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It is not new is it ? Have not used the AC launcher in years really. Always Content Manager and there is a saturation slider.

Just read on the AC forum that there is no (correct working) lock to horizon. Message came from magicfr (Sebastian Tixier) the developer of the RHM app, which is what I am using to tame the horizon in AC.
    If this is the case, that is sadly a reason for me not to buy ACC...o_O

Edit: he just answered that he did not find the setting (yet) and is going to look again tonight. So maybe it's OK after all...pfff...releave....hopefully...

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And the sound....looking to the Replays is pure joy...

Set the Visible opponents to OFF, will fix this in upcoming builds.

Hm, with my hard Dampers i had a realy good drivinng feeling.

And bundling up the manpower of the devs on ONE Car class and ONE series is a back stepwards in good old time. Make something great, not many things "ok".

Attached Files:

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kerbs come in a wide range of characteristics, some Kerbs should bite becasue they are steep and a hard setup of the car does not "swallow" it all", other kerbs should make yors tyres loose grip. I always thought that AC in this regard did the most believable job, while the other games render kerbs to be too pointless.

Nicki Thiim, the man who seems to have some troubles to control his temper, seem to have driven in his review video with default settings, that means ABS and TC quite heavily engaged. That he then complains about not being able to turn by using the brakes, is not really surprising. And who knows - maybe he also was not aware of maybe havign activated stability control. - Its not the first time I see real life pro drivers showing that they are a bit amateurish in handling a sim. They might be good drivers, but are no intimate experts on how to set up and use a sim. I have doubts that Thiim even knew that he could alter TC and ABS.

I had some occasions when going over the kerbs where I felt the tyre going over them was loosing grip, I also noticed that this varied with diffefent TC settings. i think this is pretty much like it should be, to me it feels believable. Wos eit gets if the outside tyres move from kerb to green - then fun is imminent.

I like tremendously that these cars need to be tamed, that they are so alive and have me constantly on my toes. Makes driving so much more challenging, but will probably prevent me from ever becoming a really competitive driver. I am just not good enough for that. The fun nevertheless is the same. The deficit is on my side, not on the physics model's side.

And in the rain I already learned the most important lesson: never expect the car to be stable, always expect surprises. Its like riding a bronco on hot coals. :D Wonderful. Just look what happens if you kick gas like you do on dry tarmnac, when being on a straight. Regarding rain, i think they nailed things. They nailed it.

I swear, my car has a life of its own!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, where can i see the brake balance ratio while driving without having the HUD on?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't it show once you change it (like it did in AC) using assigned button(s) ?