Asus sound card drivers are still waiting game

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Turtle Power, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Recently I discovered that Asus have a major issues with their sound card drivers since the last Win 10 update. Long story short, it has something to do with digital signature causing an error and not possible to install. There is a technical note for temporary fix but it doesn't work. I bought this card so I can use it for my Buttkickers simvibe setup. Unfortunately, this is a big let down as I cannot finish my setup. I am planing on running 4 Bk' in Chassis mode with Asus Xonrar AE sound card and other 4 BK's in Extension mode with the Sound Blaster Audigy fx card. I would like to configure all from the start rather then going back and forth in Sim commander/ Simvibe.

According to Asus information, it is stated that the new driver will be available from the 14-Dec-2020. Sadly, there is nothing yet. So disappointing.

Cheers

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Ah, Asus and their software development skills... At least in my experience, their hardware is great (most of the time), but the software/driver side is typically useless, acceptable at best.:) (And I'm saying this as an Asus "fanboy", I've been mostly using their products in my own PC builds).

3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I was NEVER a fan of Asus. Although I own Asus monitors and must say happy with it so far. However, I have had issues in the past with almost all Asus products and hopefully the history wont be repeated. If i had a choice I would buy any other brand sound card rather than Asus.