Released Audi R8 LMS (2016)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 19, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    do you guys have no other hobbies that the fast release of this car is so important for you? Thanks to the delay I bought a new crossbike and try to get myself fit until i get tied to the racing seat again :-D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    The question is; will you fit in the racing seat on release day?
    IMG_20170709_221259.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Dir muss man auch noch Blondinenwitze erklären, oder?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

In my eyes R3E is dead if nothing significant happens in a very short period of time.

When i came here, pissed of AC maybe a year ago, R3E was many steps in front of it. Now, going back to AC last week i have to say that graphics and (and thist was a realy surprise for me) the feeling of driving (assumed you have a good quality track not something like e.g. Road Atlanta) is now better in AC.

Of course the range of cars, too. Yesterday did a multiclass race. Much fun.

I am realy curious how it goes on with R3E and i whish the problem of the delay is not so big as i fear. Loogks like its a general problem.

Because this is not a normal behaviour, what happens right now.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  6. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Ain't that a liiiitle exaggerated? We received a lot of new content recently, just because one doesn't like the specific content, it doesn't mean the game is dead. However, I would agree that I doubt the future of GT3 in R3E.

7. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Well, not entirely. But it will definitely put of a lot of the guys wanting to race in a modern GT3 class car.
    And the guys of S3S should be more smart in anouncements to release paths. Because now it's all over the place. A release can be as long as two years after anouncement or even not. That's definitely not ok... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No, i dont think so. You got some tracks from Sweden, which can not realy be expensive for the developers to get the license, respectively the where nearly avaiable from earlier times in previous games.

And what you get on the car sector?
    Fantasy cars with fantasy skins and fantasy drivers. OK, the "R3E F1" cars are fun to drive, but every car is the same, like in a cup class. OK, if someone dont care about its ok, but compared with other games, that not "unbedingt das was den Hund hinter dem Ofen hervor holt".

A second aspect is the setup:
    in R3E every possible setup range is the same. In AC its really different from car to car. Even within a series (e.g. Vette C7 and AMG GT3 have different ranges of the setup).

Again:
    I realy press my thumbs for S3 that the problems are not so heavy as i fear. But the whole story around smells a little strange for me.

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Beside the fact that you are right - did you notice that the C7 is a GTE-Car and the AMG GT3 is GT3? So normally they shouldn't be in the same series...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    As I said, it all shows R3E is not dead, it is just heading into a direction that you and I don't favour - that's a big difference.
    I fully agree on the setups. Even pCars has a lot more depth when it comes to setting up a car. The lack of the most basic feature like tyre pressure is just a shame. Also that you can use different car classes' setups and cars will work fine seems a bit odd to me.
    Let's see where it all leads up to. In my pink little world I still hope that JF will surprise us all and pull a Porsche Cup out of the hat, like a magician does with a rabbit ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It was just a fast written example from my office.

So take the 488 GT3 and the Huracan.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  12. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    LOL + Agree

I tried AC too, R3E still in front, cause of the FFB and the possibility to configure my DFGT correct.
    It´s better than expected, but undrivable cause of the Wheel Settings.

13. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Actually it's the C7 GT3/R. It's just the generic GT3 regulated C7. Not the GTE version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In AC all GT-Cars are within a class but without any BoP.
    So the 911 RSR, 458 GTE and Corvette C7R (+ BMW M3 GT2) are actually an own class while the other cars are GT3 and some GT4.

The Corvette-Version in AC is just the normal GTE-Car. There is no other Corvette GT3 available than the Callaway Corvette. GM build the Cadilace ATS-VR for the GT3 instead using the Corvette...

15. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I must admit it's a bit confusing, but in fact there are two cars:
    - Callaway Corvette C7 GT3/R which is a GT3 spec car based on Callaway C7
    - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R which is a GTE spec car based on Chevrolet C7

And GTE and GT3 are really different beasts. GTE cars are in fact silhouette race cars and GT3 cars are stripped production cars prepped for racing under GT3 specifications.

The thing is that this difference is barely made in games. Because they look almost the same.

And about wonky settings. Look to the rFactor 2 EnduRacers GTE cars mod. All settings are the same ;). Not that I can or will complain about it, but just set it in perspective. And for me since I love racing and not racecar engineering, the less detailed settings the better. Just a few important ones are just more than enough. ;)

And now to become back on topic: dear Sector 3, when will the Audi finally be released? It gets about time since the teasers released a couple of weeks ago. :(

16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Because this question will not be answered, we have the OT postings :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I thought you had f****d off to AC or did you get lost..either way can you try again, I'll even throw in a map.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
  19. Dan1

Dan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Wow it was like 3 or 4 weeks ago that i didnt looked at this post and for no surprise it still not released,
    What was sector3 saying? "Soon"? I love it. I just lost my patience and i just dont want it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You look on a loading screen! A loading screen!