Released Audi R8 LMS (2016)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the S3 Audi license.
    Do we get the air filter tag on APR Motorsport team of the ADAC GT Masters? ;)

2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The people who are modelling the car, acquiring the licenses or developing it's physics won't be the suitable employee to take on this sort of task because they are not trained with it. It is like asking engineers and lawyers to be midwives because there are too many engineers and lawyers. They probably can work as midwives, but they will probably stuff it up more than do a half decent job. Are you saying that the modellers and physics programmers should sit on their hands while waiting for the gameplay programmer to program your flags and driver swaps?

The game isn't made solely for you while many of the competitor's game in the market doesn't have these features too. I don't care about those features and I'll gladly buy the new content S3 releases despite I agree that it would be great to have them. They are nice to have features as it doesn't bring in money to the studio while making new content does.

• Like Like x 2
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    WE?!? Not in my name!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Well, I know the game is not only made for me and each people at s3 have their own task but don't believe I am the only one who demand these features. I am part of a Team with 250 members approximately. This Team use RaceRoom only and a lot of members don't often play RaceRoom. Do you know why ? Because of the lack of features.

This is good to work on content but once it will be done, players come to try new content and then they go to another sim-racing game. Can you explain me why ?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  5. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    For me it was the opposite :):
    I came from Project Cars to Raceroom Racing Experience because i was sick of the bugs. Of course it would be great to have the features you mentioned in the sim, but for me its more important to have good physics and feeling for the car. (sorry for off topic)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am still playing the game here happily because the core driving is great. I rather have the lack of features than many features but unpolished and buggy. I like S3 a lot because when they roll out a new feature, it is fully functional with little bugs. S3 is a small team of roughly 2 dozens of staff, expecting them to deliver all the required feature is pretty absurd.

At the end, even if you scream to the skies, S3 still can't roll out the features you want as it still depends on whether they have a manpower to deliver it. Find another game with driver swaps and flags than complaining here as the game isnt made for 250 of you only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Collin0021

Collin0021 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    quattro is coming

8. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I already have sim racing games, don't worry for that. If you enjoy playing Raceroom at this state, I am happy for you but don't cry if the game die at the end of the year...

I also like S3, they made great sim-racing games like GTR/GTR2 or Race07 as SimBin and if I have taken Raceroom, this is for its base (an excellent one) but the way taken by the editor is not the good. This is just my point of view.

One last thing, if you play Raceroom just for its core driving, you don't look for a sim racing game at my mind but maybe I am wrong...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    This is absolutely fantastic!! Yet another german car to the list. I don't mind i already own a Audi R8.

Diversity is overrated more of the same is the melody!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jean

Jean New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job take time :cool:
    , the only thing i found sad is that if you own a car in: Adac 2013 for exemple and they have the same car in Gt3-class, you have to buy the same car twice .
    "now they maybee are a diffrence between adact and gt3 car but i didn't found what :), i just guess that gt3-class have no restriction"
    im still playing and paying gladly because they're work deserve it.

11. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Not exactly "buying" the same car twice, If you own an ADAC 2013 car, you just buy the Livery (cheaper than a car price) for the GT3 class, yes, an extra expending but that is an old story :D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Woo, excellent news - big fan of this one, despite originally writing it off as hideous It's grown on me quickly. Looks great in the GT Masters liveries.

Hoping something can be done with Lamborghini to really create the new GT Masters grid, it's shaping up nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    This new me no pleasure, even coming cars !!!! and functions ?? For the player that I am, I look through this game a simulation and not an arcade, physics, management of the deformation of cars, etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Announcements of new GT3 cars is welcome news, but it seems some epic news is overdue.

15. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am playing various racing games by other developers, please don't put words in my mouth that I only play R3E. There is more to offer in other games than playing solely one game. The core driving is still the most important aspect of a racing game along with content and polish for me, as having a million features with driving unfun, I wont be even playing it in the first place.

S3 isnt exactly the same guys as GTR, as staff and condition changes as time goes. However, they still make really good games.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Where are the previews about new features … o_O ???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I'm wondering why raceroom doesn't have other GT cars than the ones we already have. What is about Lamborghini or a Ferrari, Porsche? no clue how it works with the licenses. is it about money? raceroom for instance has the best sound of all sims so far. Even project cars got the new Mercedes AMG GT, the sound is so horrible that I'm wondering why games like this get a license those cars . Probably manufacturers don't care about the sound of their cars in racing games. What is really astonishing I have to say. Would be cool to have a complete GT grid in raceroom. VLN, Blancpain :)

18. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Project cars AMG GT3 trackside sound is actually pretty close to what i heard in a GT3 race. To my surprise, most GT3 in real life doesn't sound as good as they sound in most games. 650S GT3 in particular was really disappointing to me as its so quiet.

Perhaps it's the acoustic on the track where they sound less aggressive and loud than I expected. But then, I heard some of the 60s sports cars racing on track, they certainly sound way better with the deafening sound than GT3.

• Like Like x 1
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if sarcasm!?!

:D

20. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Then I was ambiguous enough, I guess :p