Released Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 15, 2020.

1. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone confirm if this version will feature the BWT livery? Please lord because that is the best looking livery on any car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So all the people that disliked my comment on the gtr3 tyre model are just fanboy's then, ones that wouldn't know a nose from an arsehole, although one is firmly shoved up the other permanently, Hmmm just as I presumed. :rolleyes:
    RR is still my go to sim, I just tried to stay away from the gtr3's as they are broken, actually that's not fair, some are more broken than others, front engined cars are not punished quite as much as the others but they all suffer tyre issues BUT all hail @Alex Hodgkinson who's got his spreadsheet out, done a bit of magic and ended this GTR3 nightmare I've been on recently, now can I have all the ranking points back that have been taken from me? :D I'll answer that one, NO. Just be glad to get the gtr3 series back to play with and a new version of my favourite variant to boot, bravo! Can't bloody wait!!

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    OK, OK, we got it...you're a grumpy old man who can't tell the difference between a 6-speed racing gearbox and a 7-speed stock gearbox from a road legal car with a 7th gear for eco-cruising on the Autobahn. Furthermore you seem to have the time to spout out your nonsense about the complete undriveability of GT3 cars in every second thread of this forum while most part of the community is proving you wrong by driving them with great fun despite the tyre model not being optimal right now. This over-exaggerating of the tyre issues isn't exactly helpful in letting you look like a reasonable person to be honest.

All fine, but could you please let go off the insults and foul language? Don't you have any manners at your age? Thank you in advance...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yey, good news, hopefully not the last 'current' GT3 but it's looking good either way

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been paying enough attention to this, how are these track updates work exactly? I guess the circuit mesh remains unchanged, but kerbs, textures and roadside objects are getting updated? The Bathurst bit is the more exciting bit for me in this announcement, because that location really needed an overhaul.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I really want to buy this but having no idea if the seat pitch/tilt option is coming this update it will be another missed sale for S3.

Unless of course there is a nice surprise for us triple users coming this month.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah right, six times I've mentioned dodgy GTR3's tyre model, only once bringing it up myself, jeez, you're all getting far too touchy. :rolleyes: This tyre model has been knackered for months and totally spoilt the ranked races for me as there are nearly always gtr3's being used, you may very well not drive on the edge but that is why I sim race, not to drive around in procession pretending all is fine. I have most of my sim racing budget invested in RR. Go back through the entirety of my posts and you will find I am a reasonable person, with a reasonably long fuse but I will not have people telling me white is black. On the limit this tyre model is broken, admitted by the Dev's, denied by the fanboy's, think I'll listen to the Dev's. :rolleyes:
    Admittedly implying some people have very brown noses was a step too far and I apologise if I've upset any snowflakes that may require counselling now. What I can't understand is why this tyre issue wasn't patched ages ago, we know it's only the slightest of adjustments needed, I also understand how tricky it is but to just leave it for months just seems strange and as you can probably tell, frustrating. Maybe this will all be over soon or maybe not but you won't stop me complaining about it if it's not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I should do the same on the S397 forum with proper lock to horizon implementation.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this, always liked the sound and handling of the R8, even though i dont like audi as a brand that much. But R8 is a little, twitchy funwagon.

And when you are "dRivINg iT oN tHe LIMiT" and cant keep it straigth - adjust your limit then... sorry cant resist;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  10. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Please please one of those skins will do :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The v4.0 tyre was never broken across our GT3s, GT4s, TCRs, etc. It was really just never optimised. What v4.1 brings is some refinements which enable minor differences in tyre sizes to be reflected with minor behavioural differences. More importantly though is dialling in the suspension to make the most of the tyre model. That's where the magic really happens and that's where many 100s of hours of development have been sunk.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well Old Grumpy, I'm not affected, but why should anyone accept this apology?;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It is up to date for the live version we have right now.

15. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Thx. So for the Esport Version v4.0 for tcr is used?

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Curious what the Bathurst update is all about.
    Nice to see new GT3 cars too. Hope the AMG will follow and maybe a new brand at a later time.

17. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Great news! :hearteyes:

18. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Gave this vehicle a go around Brands Hatch go. Once I got my my ffb somewhat dialed in it became a real joy to drive.
    Two things I noticed while driving it.
    I am a vr user.
    1. The in-game steering wheel seems to be off center to the right of the driver and when I lift my headset to compare the in-game wheel is pretty far right to my real wheel. Driver is centered to myself.

2. Audio. I was driving the Audi TT at BHGP before hand with no audio issues. Jumping into the GT3 I instantly noticed audio popping/crackling on downshifts/braking and coasting in lower gears.
    In-game audio settings set to Headset I am using a HyperX usb headset with 7.1 virtual surround sound enabled

19. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    And thats exactly why we need a "move seat left/right" option.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I have no clue, how it is with the R8, but some cars are indeed off-center with the steering wheel. (just thinking about McLaren M23 right now, which had to be offset for the shifter to find some place, but there are way more recent examples for sure)

But yes. A move seat left/right option might be a good idea.^^