Released Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 15, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    In VR can you not use the recentre button?

Some cockpits are off centre, not sure how it happens but they get solved on a case by case basis.

2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II
    What a beauty!! Watching this race at the Hankook 12H Hungary. I can only dream of the day we end up with this machine on our wheels :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I´d say we have more than enough R8s (and 911s) in this game already!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I'm no GTR3 fan but this one car I do truly desire. Maybe its all down to contractual obligations they release these models you never know.

5. Psychotik

Psychotik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'd say I half agree for the R8s. I still miss my beloved RSR 2.8 '73, RSR 3.8 '93 and RSR '04 (996). The RSR Turbo 2.1 '74 is also a special beast...among many others :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I can never be against a developer doing car updates/releases. All other sims will do the same to some extent. But I do wish other classes got some love (GTE) ;)

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Looks exactly the same as a previous one to me, honestly...

newaudi00.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Rear wing was the major upgrade ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    From what I read, the wing now generates more downforce. Would be nice to have it in the game and compare the handling of the two cars.

10. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Yes it looks more stable at back and its cornering improved from the one race I saw this weekend. Iv not done a side by side spec comparison but the evo2 does look slightly wider. Not much of a face lift but it should drive different.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    We only just got the last EVO and the ADAC cars have still not become available as Gt3 class cars. Any new one is going to mean another BOP of an already well-filled roster so I´d rather see different brands or more cars in other classes like Gr 2 or the new WEC hypercars.

I guess you can always add more wing to the current one!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I mean yeah, I noticed it, but this does give me the Porsche arguments vibe, as in they are almost identical but when you say that, people start arguing "No, no, no, they are different, look here and here". :p

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  14. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I have no reason to say no to a car that will be a major upgrade from its previous version. I'm referring to how it drives. Check it out on the race its a different machine. Yes @Vale I agree we can run more wing on the evo but that will not be suitable on every track. Then again, if the evo 2 came out no single person will be forced to buy it. :)

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I guess it will come in the ADAC 2022 series pack as this year they are still running the Evo1, aren´t they?
    For the game, it becomes confusing when so many older iterations are in the shop. We saw with the 911 that the older version was removed and that annoyed some people as they can´t use it in multuplayer and have to buy a new car at full price.

I don´t know what the best solution is as 4 versions of the same car available seems overkill - maybe remove the LMS pre evo version and give everyone who owns that already the new one? That would be simpler for BOP purposes too.

I´d love to see a proper new car like the NSX or Chevy C8 as the C7 is quite long in the tooth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Hard pass on that one, i love having some r8 lms ultras around as ai and wouldnt wanna miss the r8 lms either. Not to mention paying 15€ for something for it to then be taken away..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    In real life, you send your chassis to the workshop, they fit the new evo homologated parts and you pay the bill, which is usually less than the cost of a new car!

When there is an annual update, maybe the best solution is to do what has been done before with stuff like WTCR and ADACs, - you pay a small amount for the new version and liveries.

However it would still be very confusing for new people to see half a dozen variants of a car in the shop and finally sales are cannibalised. I am pretty sure players would rather buy a completely new car from a different brand rather than a reskin every year similar to FIFA or F1 franchise content.

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What's it even for? It's not the number of Porsches that creates confusion but only the fact that one was removed. If Audi doesn't ask to remove cars, I see absolutely no problem. We aren't buying them blind either, since test drive is available.

19. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem with multi gen cars because its all down to having multiple ADAC GT Masters classes (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2020). My only issue is that we still missing the Bentley Continental GT3 Evo and Mercedes AMG GT3 2020 in the GTR3 class.

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I count 8 separate versions of the R8 LMS Gt3 spec in shop right now. I don´t see what it brings to the game to add more. Of course folk can pick and choose but you are limited to the free tracks for testing but finally the newer cars are faster than the previous years so it comes down to renewing every year just to stay competitive hence the suggestion to substitute the older model for a new one.

I have no problem with the same model from different eras e.g. 70s, 80s,90s 911 but I also think that having a 911 Gt3, gt3 cup, g3 cup endurance and gt3 ADAC 2020 is plenty, especially when you buy the "wrong" one and find you can´t use it in the most popular lobbies.