Released Audi Sport TT Cup

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Bought the pack, really awesome pack for some really close and exciting racing.

Still, does the AI know how to use PTP?

2. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Indeed true and I'll pursue that course, but if its' Steam changing things then I'm back to square one and Steam has nothing to do with VRPs!! I just wish S3 would ditch that system and let us buy things for the amount they are and not some "virtual" money system.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can with some content which is sold as DLC via Steam, but it doesn't change anything about the issue you were initially pointing out. If you want to buy a DLC you also cannot add that exact amount to your wallet (unless you do what has been suggested several times now, the manual wallet "hack", which really isn't that much of a hassle). Having vRP or not doesn't change anything about that.

The reasons for using a virtual currency have been discussed at length, not gonna start that one all over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I know I can buy direct from steam via DLC and pay the exact amount, but then I lose my discounts! Why on earth would I want to spend far more money than I have to?? Sector 3 need to know that Steam is forcing people to use the "steam wallet" to purchase Vrps. I have complained to Steam on the issue. Because before I could choose paypal or credit card, now I get no choice. I'm still not comfortable with this "hack" either, does it go against Steam's terms and conditions? Could it lead to being removed from Steam?

Steam and Sector 3 need to have a chinwag and sort this issue out.

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But you can benefit from steam discounts...It's a bit of a useless debate really.
    Personally I still don't see how complaining about this here makes sense. Everything concerning payments that go through Steam is in Valve's hands and if they change their system for whatever reason then we can live with it, stop using it or complain to Valve about it hoping they'll listen.
    There are much bigger, more influencial developers than S3S publishing on steam, so I'm afraid S3S' influence on Valve's business practices is limited to non-existent.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Very annoying offtopic!

This thread is for... you know, remember?

Hint: OP and title.

7. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    What exactly are you trying to do and from where?

I've never had a purchase directly through Steam ever not work. I just bought something there recently for under $2.00 and the sale went through without a hitch. I just bought TT through there no problem.

To be clear, are you just simply trying to buy the TT Content through Steam?

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, did not use the FOV tool, but tweaked my view by moving it a little bit more forward and that did the trick.
    Thanks for the tip.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    It does, I checked it in replays, the lights in the windshields. Different AI drovers not always use PTP on same parts opf the track, and it may also be in fluenced by traffic around, I don'T know,.l but they definetly usae it, and not all in the same fashion. There is some variation to be observed.

I checked it in Mid-Ohio.

I would like to know whether thos elight sin the windshield are only for race officials and TV cameras, or are to be seen by drivers in front (in their rear mirrors) - which I cannot beleive. When driving, I have no opportunity and no time to change viewing angle to the side, stare into the mirrors ionstead on the track ahead and watch out for those signal lights.

If drivers in reality do take note of these and see them as important, I would recommend to include a menu marker (like the flag system currently) indicating that car behind has PTP. I also think it wojld be a good idea to have a non-obstrusive indicator for own PTP on, and countdown timers for on andf cool-down. Currently, the Crewchief app thankfully helps in that, accoustically indicating when PTP is available again.

I think the Audi TT Cup car is a winner for Raceroom. Pleasantly surprised.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The LED's are visible pretty well as you can see in this vid, 8:30-9:30 f.e.: https://audimedia.tv/de/vid/audi-sport-tt-cup-2015-nurburgring-rennen-2-2

But I doubt that the drivers have much time to really pay attention to those, especially when the field is tight. Maybe in 1 on 1 situations but I guess it's pretty obvious for them to see whether an opponent uses it or not even without the lights, simply because they gain quite some speed where they wouldn't without it.

11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd imagine Crew Chiefs inform the drivers when others are using P2P if I were guessing.

12. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I'd like to buy this DLC (and others) but something is going wrong for me and I have no idea where the issue lies, with S3 or with Steam or with my setup or whatever. It is slightly on topic as my next purchase could well be the TTs.

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  14. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to buy things from the store on the website AND the Store via the game, same issue at the end.

1) I select the product I wish to purchase and add it to cart (e.g. TT Cup) it's £3.61
    2) I click on "checkout", then "pay in GBP" then "confirm purchase"
    3) I then sign into steam
    4) I get a screen to add funds (can't select pay pal or Credit card here) [​IMG]
    5) then I get the screen where I can only add set amounts and not pay the exact amount (which is what I want) [​IMG]

If I go via the game I still end up with the final screen above and so I'll have 39 p wasted (it may be nothing to some here, but I'm disabled on UK benefits and every penny counts.....and PLEASE no-one say maybe I should be spending money on food and not games.....ever wondered why Zoo's are now trying to enrich animals lives, by giving them fun things to do? No fun = shite life...games are my fun) <defensive mode off>

I had a similar problem when I wanted Spa in the Black Friday sale. I fancy getting DTM 15, £8.09 (or thereabouts via the raceroom store and my discount for having DTM13 and 14, but that means a further loss of £1.91)....direct from Steam it's £18....so a tenner more.

God knows how some people are paying exact amounts (unless it's for other steams games/DLC...YES exact amounts WORK for me there too....just not with any thing via Raceroom for some bizarre reason it's all locked to the Steam Wallet! Which is my gripe.)

I WANT to buy more content. I just WANT to pay the exact amount like I did at the end of last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  16. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    It's weird blue LED's have been chosen to signal the P2P, since that's the colour frequency that has the worst response in the human eye. If that is somewhat important, red or even green would have been better.

@Leper Messiah: shouldn't you create your own thread for your specific problem, I'm not sure what this has to do here honestly. This is for the Steam support team actually.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope. This workaround has been used by many people for years, a quick google search would have showed that. I guess it's not encouraged by Valve, but I doubt they'd be livid about people putting money into their account...

18. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Leper Messiah: shouldn't you create your own thread for your specific problem, I'm not sure what this has to do here honestly. This is for the Steam support team actually.[/QUOTE]

I did, best option is a "hack" to make steam take the exact amount, no reply from Steam support as of yet.

Doesn't mean Steam will not one day decide to put a stop to it or maybe apply bans in retrospect. I can't risk it, I'm not 100% comfortable with doing that.

Ok so I'll stop posting now on this subject.

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You wouldn't be doing anything illegal or prohibited by TOS or EULA so I can't see any reason why they would. They must be well aware of people doing it either, and they haven't put an end to it (which I assume wouldn't be difficult) for years.
    I know it's not a satisfactory sollution, but S3S and we and really anybody except Valve can't do anything about it.

I understand your position and it's not about shutting people off, but right here and now it is how it is.
    Just consider that you will always get the most out your money when buying vRP from http://raceroomstore.com
    You said you're interested in the TT and DTM 2013, maybe you'll also want to buy Nordschleife once released. So planning ahead, buying vRP at a discount and buying content in bulk would give you the best value for money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    If you buy content for more than £4.00, you are able to pay the exact amount. The reason why you can't do that now is that Steam enforces a minimum fund level of £4.00 and the Audi TT Cup costs less than that. But it always has been like that since Sector3 removed the possibility to buy vRP ingame. Steam didn't change anything in this regard.

• Winner Winner x 1