Audi TT RS VLN - wrong gearbox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erc, Jan 26, 2018.

1. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

i've wrote this issue in discord in the RRVLN general channel. But i think it's better to write it here. I hope that will be fixed with the next update.
    The Audi TT RS VLN was in the year 2011 an project from Raeder Motorsport in cooperation with Audi Customer Sport. One of the drivers was Frank Biela.
    This car has an 2,5 litre 5 cylinder engine and front-wheel drive. Because of the engine this car was in the special-class SP4T(2000-2500cc, turbocharged).
    Raeder modified this model in the year 2013. It has the chassis from TT RS, but engine and gearbox from TT S! It was a 2 litre 4 cylinder! The reason for this modification is, that they want to drive in the class SP3T(max.2000cc, turbocharged).

Now, what we have in Raceroom?
    We have a TT RS VLN.
    We have a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder.
    We have the sound of a 5 cylinder.
    But we have the gearbox ratio from the TT S 4 cylinder! The gears 1, 2 and 3 are too short.

The 2.5 litre TT RS can drive slower corners with a lower gear than the 2 litre TT RS.
    If you drive this car in Raceroom, you can see that this car has the same ratio like the gearbox in the real 2 litre TT RS.

Proof:

2 litre 4 cylinder (count the up an downshifts, display has an failure)

2.5litre 5 cylinder

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cannot edit it. The auto correction has changed some words...

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You sure? http://www.ravenol.de/uploads/media/Audi_TTRS_Datenblatt.pdf
    Where does it say that?

Regarding the gear ratios, I'm not sure what data was used to set them. But as Audi approved the car the way it is, I guess they're ok with 'em being the way they are.

4. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Edit: The technical data in your post ist the SP3T car!

RACEROOM says that. "Inline-5".
    And you can the hear typical 5 cylinder sound!

Attached Files:

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And how many cylinders and how many litres does the engine have according to the datasheet I posted?

6. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have edited my post.
    The SP4T car from 2011 has 5 cylinder.
    The SP3T car from 2013 a 4 cylinder.

What says my Screenshot? What are you hearing if you drive in raceroom? 4 or 5 cylinder?

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    5, and the SP3T car had a 5 cylinder 2.0 litre engine, as it clearly says in the datasheet.

8. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a mistake in the datasheet. The SP3T hasn't a 5 cylinder. They've never produced a 2 liter 5 cylinder in a TT.

Look at this video at 2:21min.
    You can see 4 cylinder 2.0TFSI. The same engine in the TT S.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  10. erc

erc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok thats your point. I didn't know that. BUT, Raceroom says this car is from 2011. The car from 2011 has 2.5litre and a gearbox with longer ratio. That gearbox which is damaged.
    And you can see in the video 2.0TFSI 4cylinder. They've changed from 5 to 4 cylinder.
    Sector3 should decide now which they want in Raceroom.
    2011 2.5litre 5 cylinder
    2013 2.0litre 5 cylinder
    or 2013/2014 2.0litre 4 cylinder

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  11. Ulli

Ulli Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Dear all,

my name is Ulli Andree. I came across this forum and post by coincidence and I don't know if my input is still relevant. I happen to be one of the drivers of the LMS Engineering Audi TTRS2, which in fact is a 2 liter 5-cylinder, developed by team owner and former VW Motorsports tech. director Andreas Lautner. We've entered three chassis since 2013, won countless races with these cars in our class in VLN, 24 hrs Nürbrurgring and Creventic (24hrs) Series. Last weekend we drove what we believe was our last VLN race with the car since there are no spare parts available anymore. Well, we ended the car's carreer in style and won SP3T.

In the meantime we're using a much longer gearbox which way more reliable and can bear all the loads from the torque engine in a better way. Downside is for instance, that on Döttinger Höhe we only shift up in 6th gear under the bridge at Antonius Buche. However, the lap times were identical or even better. If you're interested, I can share an onboard here.

Cheers

Ulli

• Like Like x 11
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Welcome @Ulli - We'll gladly accept any source of intel on how to make our cars behave better!

The TT RS was added some time ago now, and therefore doesn't ( yet ) possess the latest refinements that we bring to our cars. This is actually a very good timing as we haven't looked into improving this car yet, so all your input is very welcome!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. TelegramGamer

TelegramGamer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Man is really coll video for my. I'm is big fan Audi TT. I want to buy this car

14. TelegramGamer

TelegramGamer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This game is really cool

• Agree Agree x 1