Released Audi TT RS VLN

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    After the update i used the Premium pack to buy some cars and liveries and again i owned all content.
    Then they released the KTM and i used the Premium pack again, i got some discount. Then i read that this should not be possible, it's a "bug"...

Well what can i say, it's the only bug that make sense.

As it is now the whole system tells us: Wait wait wait! don't buy yet, wait for Christmas, New year or one of all sales we have during a year.

Instead of: Buy everything and you will be rewarded with a loyalty reward with discounts on future content.

And no, this can't be compared to beer or TV. They wont recive new physics, sound, or other upgrades as the content in R3E will.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Krzychu

Krzychu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of rules?
    I want to buy a premium pack audi VLN.
    No item specified.

So what is a premium pack?:(
    Sorry for my English.

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget the CrewChief, though might be funny in the pub:
    "Bloke on the left, he's still there, he's still there, good pass! Your sector times are good, next guy is two beers in front of you!, Come on, give it a kick!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    a misunderstanding

5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ok, I might be the 10000 perosn asking why I cant buy all liveries at once in one pack ? 29cent + 29cent + 29cent +29cent ... ? I don't need the whole raceroom pack since I am owning almost everything. For the xbow it is the same. I would like to buy all liveries at once but how?

6. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Wait for a pack to be offered, or pay full price now.
    That's all the choices we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have to add 20 items to my cart? was it always like that in the past? hm, the new shopping model is odd

and now I wanted to buy a new liverie for the X-Bow and the in game store crashed, thumps up, whats going on :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  8. LukeT2222

LukeT2222 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nope, before you could usually (not always though) buy a pack which would contain the car and all of the liveries for about 500-600vRP. Now to get all skins costs 900vRP for the Audi or over 1000vRP for the KTM (I think, I bought the Premium Pack).

9. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I dont see the premium pack for the x bow? perhaps I am to stupid to handle the store after the update. I only see the option to buy individual liveries in the store? I own almost 99% of the shop, so now I have to buy again all content? I give up

10. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    PremiumPack contains all content to this day. If you buy now, all you already have will not be bought again. Instead, it will be the measure of your discount on PremiumPack.
    After buying PremiumPack you will have to pay full price on every content to come in the future, again.
    Re-buying PremiumPack over and over again is not possible (as I thought before today).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    That's why I hold off buying anything from R3E for now unless Premium Packs are upgradable or an option that I can buy a car with all its liveries is added. The games great, even better than some of its competitors but the business model is terrible in almost every way. There isn't any way to reward loyal players while it feel like they want to milk the loyal players by disabling the way to buy a car with all its liveries and stop them from rebuking premium packs.

Meanwhile, new players can get everything in one nice price tag. How fair is the system. The beta testers of this game really does not understand how awful is the business model, do they even buy the content?

At the end, I kept holding back from buying content for the game because I really do not want to buy the new gen GT3 and WTCC16 car by car and livery by livery. Perhaps one day I'll just move on to another game entirely because I feel like I can't get the best value out of the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there will be a feature to buy a car with all its associated liveries. See the underline part.

Thanks Georg for the information.

• Like Like x 1
  13. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I don't get why many need every skin of every owned car. Yes, I agree it's convenient to buy a pack that includes everything in one shot but I don't really need everything. I pick two or three of my favorite skins and race. Buying every car for the car enthusiast I understand, you want the driving feel/experience of each but a skin does nothing - and barely noticable if driving from the cockpit. In addition, many skins are similar with slight graphical or number changes.
    I wonder if IRL drivers are disappointed that they can't have their car re-painted for every race with a change to color, design, and sponsor logos :)
    Of course, what I don't understand means nothing to those that do :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Because I tend to use almost every skin that comes with a car. Does it hurt to have more options? Heck, even my copy of AC and AMS is jammed packed with every single possible livery I can find for both games. Some people are fine with driving one paint job. Meanwhile, some people, ie: me, enjoys driving different skins in different races which I tend to take some screenshots after a race. I tend to drive on hood cam, which the impact of livery is a lot more for me.

There is also the issue of cost where the price of getting numerous liveries can be quite high if someone wants a handful of liveries. The old store offered a feature to buy a car class with all it's liveries, why isn't a new store offering the same feature? At the end, some people who wants a handful of liveries also bought all in one pack with all the liveries. I really do not understand why Raceroom wants to make the business model to be this complicated and user unfriendly.

Just because you are fine with one paint design, it does not mean everyone should be the same as you. If thats so, why S3 should bother in licensing and creating these beautiful liveries? They might as well make only one for each car since people like you think it is unimportant.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I like there are many to choose from so the grids are diverse, "I" just don't need them all especially if it drives up the price. And I did state that I understand my view is not everyone's view - some like to collect, I get it (I don't but I do :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well it wasn't our idea to have it the way it is and we're not the ones to decide whether it should stay that way. I don't see why you would want to drag anyone of us into this debate. All I'm doing is explaining how the system works and sometimes giving my personal opinion on it, just as you like to do. And yes, I do pay for content. I spent more than what it would cost to buy the premium pack plus I'm "investing" many hours of my spare time to help in testing and help people solve their problems. Is that good enough for me to be allowed to give my opinion or am I prohibited from doing so because of my forum status?

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Not sure either why you are throwing some of us under the bus here...

I have spent a fair amount of money on the game so far, and knew exactly what I was getting into before I ever started playing a few years ago. With anything that costs money, I chose to do some research and figure out how to get the best deals that I was comfortable paying for. Had I not been able to afford something, I simply wouldnt have bought it. You dont need to own every single car, track, and livery... but that option is there for those who do want to.

So yes, I am a paying customer like you, and your insinuation that our opinions dont matter, or are tainted because we volunteer to do unpaid testing is demeaning and insulting.

Beyond that, and unrelated to the complaints about cost...

What other game releases content with 20+ liveries on offer? Official real world liveries?

None.

iRacing doesnt have a single real livery unless you mod it in yourself. AC ships with very few real world liveries anymore and the ones that are real world, usually are missing logos. rF2 doesnt really have much content releasing that is real world in the first place. AMS mostly has fictional content, so they cant have real life liveries. Pcars has some, but most cars only have <5 real liveries and the rest are fake.

Frankly, having so many real liveries is quite nice. And once again, the option is there for those who want to personally use them. Who actually uses all 20+ liveries though? I would easily venture a guess that a small minority of people use every single livery on every single car.

And as everyone who plays sim racing games should be familiar with... this is a genre heavily defined by the cost of content to produce. Everything that is a real life piece of content usually has some fee attached to recreate it. Licensing fees and so on. Not to mention all the costs to actually create and maintain the games in the first place. Other games get away with releasing cars with ~5 liveries because they dont have any cost associated with them. Im not privy to knowledge of how much RR's liveries costs to produce, but I would guess it isnt free. So why would they release all these liveries for free?

Sales are around every corner, and once again complaints about the business model in every thread are tiring.

But, at least new content is still being worked on and improvements are still being made. Kind of doubt that would be the case if everything after a certain point was free. :p

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  18. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The reason is simple, it is because the current model is terrible. I am tired to complain about it too yet it just keep getting worse. When can I actually pay S3 to enjoy the game than worrying about business model issues? Speaking of sale around the corner? When was the last major sale before the recent Black Friday sale? Other than the small weekly sale.

The chief issue with R3E business model is early adopter's value for money. I had paid a considerable amount for what I own currently yet a newcomer could pay far less amount to own considerable amount of content to get go. Personally, I am fine with premium packs for newcomers but the problem is, early adopters still have to pay a considerably higher price tag for it. This in turn cause the early adopters to feel like they got the short end of the stick when the price of a few cars with a few liveries in R3E can cost as much as a competitors DLC. There are mentions of some sort of loyalty discounts which is still absent till now. Along with the one-time premium packs and no alternative to buying all liveries in one go (for a feature that used to be there), the value for money feeling is diminishing for me.

I do not need every car and track but currently, the game does not offer me an alternative to own the stuff I want with good or reasonable value. It is not only me complaining, even other people are complaining the same here especially with one time the premium pack. The value of money in R3E is just isn't there, are you suggesting me to leave the game because I think it is too expensive?

AMS actually has official liveries for Brazil V8, Marcas, Formula Trucks and a few other classes, based on the real-life series they had licensed for. For pcars, pcars 1 did have quite a few official liveries patched in later for some cars. They managed to get official permission to include official liveries for some cars post release but it was time issues that prevented them from adding more with patches. Games like Forza also shipped with real liveries in their NASCAR, Indy, V8s, some GT3 based on PWC and so on. If I am not wrong, Indy and NASCAR also get full season liveries while some cars like V8SC has a considerable amount of real liveries from the real series. Even rFactor 2 have fully licensed USF2000 2016 season liveries as a start for their new revamp. Regardless it is fictional or licensed liveries, both still need time and cost where even fictional liveries aren't free to produce. Especially those fairly elaborate fake manufacturer decals and liveries in pcars or AC, they still took a considerable amount of time and effort to make them.

No doubt on the fact that R3E needs to pay to produce these liveries, what makes you think that other games somehow get their official liveries for free? I agree that it should cost money to make them but charging a high price tag for 1 livery is ridiculous while still do not want to offer an alternative for people to buy all at a lower cost. Again, the problem lies in the business model for the feature that used to exist with single car packs which you rather ignore.

I really do not believe liveries can be this expensive when other developers are happy tossing expensive manufacturer and official series liveries licenses into their own games. Does that mean S3 will charge us an arm and leg when Porsches, Lamborghini and Ferrari licenses added to R3E? If you are so tired of me complaining about the business model, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  19. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Once again. :rolleyes:
    There are threads about "the price/bussines model", this is about the Audi TT Rs VLN.
    Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and (at least in this forum) even encouraged to express it, but a basic rule to any forum is to keep every thread on topic. Just that, is it really that hard to understand and respect such a simple rule?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Du bist auch der coolste aus der 5c, oder?

Erst jemanden der ne andere Meinung hat wie du schwach anmachen und wenn die Diskussion dann (auch von anderen) weitergeführt wird mit Sprüchen wie "wenns dir ned passt brauchst blos gehen" daherkommen.

Mein lieber Herr Gesangsverein. Wenn das die Diskussionskultur im 21. Jahrhundert ist, dann Gute Nacht.

Und jetzt nimm dir ein Cleenex, sperr dich aufm Klo ein und hoff drauf das Mutti nicht an der Tür lauscht.

• Like Like x 1