Resolved Auto Clutch issue since 28th Nov update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nakamuza, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm having a have weird auto clutch issue that can be seen in the video, I was in 3rd gear full throttle suddenly it pops out of gear goes into neutral. This happened quite a few times in gears 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the exit of corners. There doesn't seem to be any pattern of when it happens.
    I've tried remapping controls, using paddles instead of my shifter same problem. Shifter is TH8A wheel is a T300RS Alacantara. Car is BMW DTM 92. Only had this issue since the update.
    I don't have this problem using full manual but my clutch pedal needs fixing and didn't have time before the race. I can record more instances if it helps.

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Nakamuza Do you know if your gearbox was damaged?

When having damage on your gearbox you can suffer from sudden popping out of gear.
    But for that to happen you need quite a lot of damage on your gearbox, so I'm wondering if it was the case.

3. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi @J-F Chardon, my gearbox was 100% I did think the same, that maybe the game thought it was damaged.
    It does seem to occur when you lift off and get back on throttle had a quick look through my inputs and almost every time it comes out of gear I have been off throttle then back on.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Rolling start in the RUF GT3 (So far as I have not checked other cars) manual auto clutch as I go to driver control it jumps into neutral and wont change gears up or down I just get the warning beeps and have to put foot on the brake to almost stop before I can engage gear. I have lost about 6 - 8 places by then. I did not appear to have the issue from a standing start. I did 10 restarts and got same result each time. Have TH8A H shifter(inactive in this car) and dedicated TH8A Seq plus paddles got same using either of the last two.

5. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So I think I have found the issue and it lies with the TH8A shifter using the windows driver or old firmware. I've done a quick test and found none of the previous issues with auto clutch as previously described.
    You need to make sure you have the Thrustmaster drivers installed found here then once you've installed the drivers, restart your PC. Then go to my programs and find "Thrustmaster TH8 - TSS Handbrake" folder and select firmware update.
    Here you will see all your Thrustmaster devices current firmware version and the latest firmware version. Select the device you wish to update, in this case the TH8A. The latest TH8A firmware version currently is v27. Update your device and "crossed fingers" all should be good.
    I will be doing some tests when I get time and will update if necessary.
    If you have any questions regarding the updating process I'll be happy to help.
    *Edit after 5 hours of racing I can confirm that after doing the above I have had no issues.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  6. RavingLunatic01

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks.
    I was at 26 but now 27.

My issue is certainly on the rolling start only no matter which car even the new GT4 cars. If I go from standing start, leave pits etc it is good as gold and I can race all day, rolling start is a disaster and on Bathurst (auto-clutch) I have rolled to nearly turn 1 before the rev warning beep stops and I am in gear going and surrounded by the back grid cars and this is even with no gas pedal applied. I watched the dash and it goes 1st......2nd......and the instant it hits green for race start driver control it switches to neutral and I am stuffed. If I hit the brakes and come to a nearly complete stop I can select the gear and I am away sooner. I loaded the Mercedes 190E and set that to auto-clutch or even manual clutch and it does the same. With the H-Shifter in the Merc I can quickly throw into 2nd or 3rd but that is mainly because it does not have the downshift protection blocking the gear change the other cars have. I shall keep looking.

7. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Try making a new controller profile without the T8HA mapped for any controls and see if it makes a difference, do not copy your current profile start from scratch.
    Also do you have any other control devices? I had a USB handbrake plugged in that wasn't being used in game so I unplugged that too.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  8. RavingLunatic01

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Took the shifters, DSD/BBJ button boxes and to just wheel and pedals and it was still the same. I was going to try the Fanatec to see if it was the TM wheel but it seemed to be fine with everything other than the rolling start. I went to a couple of other tracks and ended up on Twin Ring Motegi because that has a fair lead in and you are in 3rd gear, thankfully that worked. Went back to Bathurst and now it is fixed YAY. I noticed that it was having the issue exactly at the point it was going to driver control and the car goes from 2nd to 3rd as the yellow text comes up so it must have just been a glitch that wasn't going to give up easy.. Thanks for the advice Nakamuza