Question Auto clutch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by baronkg, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Lunge

Lunge New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried changing it in the main menu when not in a race/practice session? I had the same problem and noticed that you could change it in the main menu.

Worth a shot.

2. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I already tried and when I choose a car with sequential gearbox, autoclutch is blocked on "yes" :rage:

3. Lunge

Lunge New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm maybe I was wrong, ill have to check when I get back into the game.

4. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Two weeks gone, and no news about this?

I thought it is a very small issue, and maybe it will be handled ASAP. But maybe, it will take a year to fix this like the multiplayer issue.

Thanks Sector3, good job!

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can't vouch for the entirety of the time but since the Nov update and "hotfix", the devs top priority has been the MP vanishing cars problem.
    Which would you prefer, a slightly slow clutch off the line or people not being able to see you and ruining your race because of it?

It's been said a million times before, Sector3 is a small team, 3 programmers, it's been all hands on deck for the MP issue, I know clutch issues have been reported multiple times by yourselves and us testers. They will get to it, game breaking problems have to be addressed first though, in the grand scheme, a slightly slow clutch isn't game breaking, it's just a little annoying.

Sarcastic posts are not the way forward, @Andi Goodwin doesn't help in that regard but he's old, been here a long time and grumpy, plus he has to talk to me and @Christian Göpfert fairly regularly and no-one wants that, not at his age. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    The multiplayer problem is last more than a year now. It should be tried to fixed in last year, not this year.

But yeah, I'm a bit fed up what's happening here.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I get that buddy, your not the only one, devs are doing their best though. They'll get there though, soon™ :D

8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this autoclutch issue? Is it an acknowledged bug intended to be fixed at some point?

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it is being looked at ...

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    RIP Solution

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Will we ever be able to false start again with autoclutch cars? It's a step backwards and I don't even know why they forced the auto clutch even at starts? I want to false start again.. please.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they are going to release a 'Manual clutch pack DLC' to fix it. (And, of course, it will be cost about 5€/classes.)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for picking up an old thread.

Most sequential equipped cars use a auto-cut off that cuts all power on the car for a split second so that the gears can engage. WRC cars for instance have this.

Older sequential gearboxes and cars equipped with them needed a dab of clutch/release of throttle on upshifts but could downshift without clutch or vice versa that is also sometimes known as "power shift" where you just mash the gears at max/optimal RPM; something you for example use in motocross.

And yes, they do have clutch operation but only required from stand still if not a car/class equipped with launch control.

Feel free to correct me on this one.

14. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this? I have been wondering why I can't use the clutch out of the garage and during starts, it's annoying. Is this the way they do it IRL with GT3 cars?

15. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure if this will help you guys, but I found this when I tried some H-pattern stuff the other day and manually disabled autoclutch... I then jumped into GT3 and had all kinds of trouble with the Callaway Corvette and almost trashed the engine. I thought it might be that auto-clutch was still disabled and discovered that I couldn't enable it. Last night, I loaded back into a H-pattern cars, then enabled auto-clutch, jumped back into the GT3 and bingo! Auto-clutch enabled again... You still can't enable/disable, but at least I have it running with auto-clutch again... Again, not sure if this is helping but just in case :)