Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's true.
    The AMS2 content is unique. Not the constant porridge as with all other Sims. There are almost only vehicles without ABS and TC. And I like the Copa Classics very much.
    These are still vehicles with character and charm. The P3 and P4 are also awesome. And the exotic Tracks beyond the mainstream are a word worth.
    Hopefully Reiza will continue to focus on such content in terms of routes and vehicles.
    I already have Hockenheim/Silverstone and the DTM90 in RRE. For me is the Season Pass uninteresting.

2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Initial impressions are positive from me, but it's by no means a replacement for RRE. - And I mean that in a good way. For me the entirely different range of content/tracks means it sits very nicely as a companion to RRE rather than a direct competitor. The lower end tiers (Copa classics etc,) are great to drive, and the Brazilian Stock cars are a fantastic addition to the GT3/DTM stuff that RRE does so well.

It's very pretty and runs beautifully in VR, but I may be in the minority in finding it slightly artificial. While RREs engine is old-hat, I do find the end result really quite natural/believeable.

Some other random thoughts:

• AI isn't a patch on RRE. The first lap is painful, and then they feel robotic. Lots of room for improvement here.

• Annoying auto start of engines when you begin in the pits. I've gotten really used to starting the car myself in RRE (even built a button box for it) so suddenly this is a sorely missed element. I've taken to switching the engine off right away just so I can start it again. :)

• Car selection UI is horrible.

• World scale feels a bit off in VR? It's hard to tell in some of the obscure cars that I've no experience with, but a couple of them feel oddly small.. The V8 Supers for example feel about 80% of the size I would have expected. (Rift CV1)

Work-In-Progress issues aside though, the current price of £25 is a bargain, and I'm looking forward to hopping on again later.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly the thing, why Reiza sims stand and fall for somebody. If you aren't into the exotic stuff and open wheelers, grass roots style racing and unknown tracks, than it isn't the right thing for you and i would never recommend it to somebody, if this is the case.^^

But there is still some stuff to come, Mount Panorama, Kyalami modern and GT3 for example are already on the plan and still, it isn't compelling for someone who isn't into the more brazilian focused stuff.^^

BUT IT HAS BRANDS HATCH GP!!!(!) :D
    also no Ferraris and Lamborghinis, though. And as it is with R3E, i don't miss it that much. For this kind of stuff i have ACC, for example. :)
    The lucky thing is, that software isn't thaaat expensive in the long term in this hobby, so trying more than one sim is still the way, it goes.:)

4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Software not expensive for sure in simracing but hardware oh boy:(

As soon as you get into it, never stop spending:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    All the money I would have spent on visiting actual racing venues this year is now being poured into more toys instead. :rolleyes:

6. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Always been the case with sims, both race and flight.
    If you're just looking for a hobby, get a decent cocaine habit.
    It's cheaper, and more socially acceptable too. :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. I’ve spend so much on simracing already. We could buy a nice new car..

8. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Well, flight simming can be pretty expensive on the software side too, to be fair :D

But at least we can use our toys still to a much cheaper amount, than dinosaur juice burning machines on real tracks/skies... :D

Yeah...i know, it's not the same :sweatsmile:

• Like Like x 2
  9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I trust your opinion, but I'll be brief... :eek::D

upload_2020-4-2_22-49-1.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Well...seems you have to drive Brands Hatch GP now :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    i see you use some movavi software, check out their products on steam, there is a decent sale on some (like video suite 17 -90%), no idea if its any good tho :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    1066890_screenshots_20200402235624_1.jpg

And even in the fog. The fog is beautiful in this game. :)

Got it for free on some Steam share).

• Like Like x 2
  13. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    1066890_screenshots_20200403010755_1.jpg

So, im got a couple of hours of play last night.
    I like it:
    1. Graphics - 10/10 (for my eyes PC2 has always been the best in terms of graphics, shadows, weather).
    2. FFB - 8/10. I don't like that the rear tire is "rocking", but not like in RF2.
    3. the interface is 7/10. It's not bad, but sometimes it's not clear. For example, change weather in practice and qualifications hidden in the menu is not intuitive.
    4. AI - 6/10. I like the crazy AI, not the ACC train. But his madness has to be contained by logic that he doesn't have yet.
    5. HUD, 9/10. It's obviously going to change, but for now, I like minimalism very much.
    6. Content is 7/10. That's a personal opinion and it won't be objective. I like Stock car, V8(its Holden?) and Fromula V12/10. I'm not interested in anything else, just waiting for DTM. Stock Car is very nice.
    7. The price is 10/10. For my country, that's 7$.
    8. Optimization - 10/10. It's nice to see a game that uses not only 1/2 cores.

Season Pass bought after that little test. Reiza became synonymous with quality for me after Reiza TrackPack for RF2 was released. For EA, everything works very well. Reiza is doing great.

And, yes, it's not PC2.5.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but here i have to disagree. This is basically the most train(C) AI, that i know, even the pCars2 AI does more fighting on track.

But they've already found something and have yet to calibrate some things, if i understood correctly in the forums, so improvement is veeery likely :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    You might try the Sprint Race Series around Cascavel 105% strength 100% aggression.
    If I have time I will do a video tonight.
    AI fight like hungry dogs to regain their position. It's a real blast.
    During the frist lap(s) AI is pretty weak but afterwards is so much fun and a very exiting experience. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Ahh you are also here.. :)
    Sounds good.
    I'll give it maybe tonight a try.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Some tracks and combinations already work. But it's a step back, compared to AMS1, so i can't praise it in the moment. It's one of the biggest construction sites. (I similarly think, that the new R3E needs work, for example). It's a long process with all those car/track combinations and i fear, this will take quite a serious amount of time and sleep deprivation for the devs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  18. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to make a suggestion for some fine racing in AMS2 because you claimed that AI would behave like a train in AMS 2. If you try the Sprint Race series around Cascavel you'll be stunned how AI fight back and even fight each others. Sure, AI still have their weaknesses (like swerving around the track like drunk sometimes) but to say they are like a train is not the truth.

But I totally agree with your last sentences: All sim devs had to be working on their AI for years. It's a long process. I have faith in Reiza.

19. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is one car-track combination, still many are not calibrated on pace yet up and down. It will be better step by step in the future, bur for now, it's not practically very usable.

Better don't try the beta AI version right now, this is mayhem, but a strong indicator, that Reiza found a significant step (like they also mentioned), to make them more racey and aggressive.
    When the overall pace is calibrated and the new methods are applied correctly, this has the potential to at least match the AI experience of AMS1...but not for now.^^

The weaving happens most in the out-lap, like a rudimentary tyre warming thing, It stops doing that in the first timed lap in non-race sessions, for example. I would not be surprised, if this AI can develop some immersive behaviour on track, if this is the case.

20. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    This is true.
    That is one of the greatest strengths of RRE. The AI works very, very well here. Exciting battles over the distance are guaranteed. And the AI also makes mistakes and is never by unfair (like a tank).

Let's see what Reiza will do in the future .
    I'm also very optimistic.
    AMS2 needs just time. Like RRE.
    S3 not immediately where they are today. After the big December update, RRE is at the forefront of the Sim world. I definitely trust Reiza to do the same.

• Like Like x 3