Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I believe they more 'AI train-effect' was with the Beta 0.802, and they've recently allowed Beta 0.801 for Beta, w/c is what's now in Main.

Tried Stock and Roco in Suzuka, and only at 60-70%, some already appeared hungry like a wolf! Got to try your suggestion of running them at 100%!

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the works not that bad if you set it to 100% and 55/60% aggression. Sure there is a lot room for improvement but it is not that bad. They still tend to ram you in the rear end in braking zones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The AI from R3E can be very unfair, immediately catching some serious grip last corner with old tyres on a 30 min. GT3 Race at Most, for example (if it's still not fixed). It rocketships out of the corner and takes no prisoners, even pushing you off-track if you try to defend. AMS1 also got this problem. It happens, when you go to values around 110%+ and on Most it always was necessary, because of the slow AI in the chicane. In AMS1 it was Londrina, where something like that could happen to you, because....slow chicane :D It's a somewhat pretty similar track to Most.

I don't know, if they've actually fixed the slow Most AI by now, but also on other tracks i often use values from 106-116% depending on car class and especially around the 110% range, some really "interesting" things can happen...and this was the same with AMS. So i still think, it will be the same with AMS2 :D
    This is a good sign in my eyes, to be honest. So there is at least the proof, they're prone to attack. Now we also got pileups and crazy stuff and all this is showing, Reiza found a way, to make it fight each other (not just the player). It probably needs fixing of the weird and rammy stuff, and rectifying of pace differences and it will become pretty nice, i think^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    it is the latest beta release which causes the AI rammers. Reiza told we can roll back the latest beta release. I did and it is much better again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Correct. My point was, the rammers are the indication, that they've found a way, to make the AI "racey" instead of just a train like in other Madness titles, but the AI is not yet calibrated to the new conditions, they've dialed in. Rectifying the negative aspects, like no awareness of other cars around and differences in pace (what is pretty hard and time consuming, it think) would then result in a similar behaviour like AMS1 for example.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    how does one change the AI in AM2? I can't seem to find any such options?I keep beating the AI by a good margin and would love to up the skill. - please

Nathan

7. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: (If you mean AI strength, it's under "Opponent Settings" on the top)

The new AI behaviour is just avaiable for the Beta reiza51 dev build version, right now, because its crazy rammy. This build also contains a fix for the suspension oscillating on to much push with the Sprint Race.

But i can tell you, it's way more racey, less train-ish and a bit faster. (not fast enough yes, though), tested it right now.
    The issues, that have to be fixed are a bit too over the top for now so they rolled back to 8.01. The beta 8.02 build shows massive potential for the AI, IMO. And i'm not fanboying right now, i was VERY sceptical. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I can now barely keep up w/ the pack of Stock or SuperV8's, not even below 100%! Thinking about it, could it be their skill is different too w/ v0.802 (cause I only have the Beta install)? Does Aggressiveness affect their speed in quali, w/c I presume would not, though.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    They rolled back v0.802 to v0.801.

• Like Like x 1
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I'm not gonna confirm it, even after 10h playtime, until it's obvious to me - couldn't figure out many things. The only thing that embarrasses me - AI 65 - is my level of complexity (StockCar). And my level in RRE is 103-105. :eek::confused:

I was also thinking about custom livery - will it ever be possible to change them? F1 2002 skinpack would be my dream.

11. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I had my first two proper hours with AMS 2, running mostly 10 laps races around the Oulton Park with the Brazilian Stock Cars. Sooo... my first impressions.

The FFB is definitiely closer to AMS than it is to PCars 2, it is still not quite there yet, but I would be surprised it would be, considering how much experience Reiza has with RFactor engine, compared to the madness engine. But I had to play with the settings to achieve good results. Until I got the settings dialed in I could still feel the Pcars 2 FFB creeping in, especially in the long, medium speed corners, like cascades or druids, where the FFB would be just constant force without any additional info.
    But once dialed in I could feel the edge of the grip and scrubbing of the tyres much better, and could throw in the car with more confidence.

The AI was little bit of a mixed bag. I ran them at 90% and after the two hours, I was only about 0.2s quicker. I've just completed a stock car championship in AMS 1, where I ran around 100-102%, so I think they are fast. Another thing what I liked is that I couldn't outbrake them easily, which is something you can certainly do in AMS 1, thus ovetaking was much harder and required more preparation. So the general pace is there.
    But they didn't fight much by themself, but were fairly clean during overtakes. But when you follow them during practice or qually, you can see they are bots trying to follow a line, twitching harshly when the get too far from it.

Now, the graphics... I'll say it straight, I love how madness engine looks, and for me it is the best looking race sim engine. Sure ACC, has more bells&whistles, the particle effects there are gorgeous, the fireworks, smoke from podium... It lightning is much more advanced, with glowing exhausts, sparks.. etc. But I much prefer the natural and clean colors of the madness engine.

Overall, considering this is Reiza (I mean, these guys implemented a proper turbo simulation mid way through the AMS life cycle), the intial asking price is a bargain, and I'm vey much looking forward how the title will mature.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm finding the same thing with the AI level.

Im only really doing extended practice sessions at the moment, but after putting in a string of competent laps I still get told by ol' Crew Chief Jim that "You're running last".. :( That was on ~85%, and lowering it further still just feels embarrasing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Are you on the reiza51testing branch? (Beta section from the Automobilista Beta in properties)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Nope, I didn't know about Beta. But I will sign today.

15. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Do you have Beta access? You bought AMS2 at release, so you shouldn't have Beta access, i think. (That's what i at least saw in your library at the screenshot)
    The "Automobilista 2 Beta" and normal "Automobilista 2" are 2 different applications. You can just test the newer AI with the "Automobilista 2 Beta" + selecting reiza51testing branch. You will not find the reiza51testing branch under the beta options for "Automobilista 2".

They've rolled back to 8.0.1 because the AI is a bit crazy yet.

16. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Now I get it. No, I just bought EA a few days ago. :)

AI jumps from side to side on a straight line in my version of the game.

17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, then you actually can't see the changes, made for the 0.8.0.2 version and be glad, because its chaos and not that fun :D
    BUT...it's a very promising indicator, because it's not the train(TM) anymore, they have a clue, what they're doing with AMS2.^^

Yeah, the weaving happens in their in- and out-lap for some reason, they're stopping weaving, when on a timed lap. Pretty strange.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    This is a weird one.
    Something blew in my T500. Couldn't even get the Thrustmaster firmware to recognize it.
    So I dug out my old, trusty G27.

The T500 in AMS2 was just complete crap. FFB gave you no information at all, totally undriveable. Way worse than PC2 ever was. And other T500 owners on the Reiza forums have reported exactly the same.
    I had more or less given up on AMS2 until some serious patching got made, but just for the hell of it I decided to give it a whirl with the G27.
    And hello!
    Suddenly it felt almost like AMS1. Not quite there yet, but certainly driveable. And definitely light-years ahead of what I'd gotten before. Of course, now the automatic degrees of rotation no longer works, but still. :D

So apparently AMS2 dislikes the T500 with a vengeance.

19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    If you have weird behavior like this with any wheel, just delete your AMS2 folder in your documents folder and start from scratch. It's already been confirmed by devs it can solve weird ffb problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've stopped flicking wildly between content and have settled down to just the V8SCs and the Brazilian Stock cars for now. Both feel pretty nice to me, and I'm having a blast around newly learnt Interlagos - Particularly in the V8s.

It's going to be interesting how it develops over the next few months.