Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I truly have a love hate relationship with this game. When it's good, it's one of the best, but when I have to reset my steering again and again, and get 20 minutes into a 30 minute race and then it crashes, it makes me want to bid it a fond farewell.

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Really? I do not have encountered any problems whatsoever since the first launch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Every time it updates, it breaks. I delete the folder from My Documents hoping that helps but every time before I drive anything I have to go in and reset the controls. I bought the game and the season pass because I loved AMS1, but feel like it's a waste of money this time around

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It might help to back up the folder and then restore all the car setup and control folders, as with RRE clean install.

I´d say the game is still very much in open beta and with patience it will be just fine once they stop tinkering. Many people hate on SMS for not tinkering enough with their releases and just repackaging them into a new game, let´s give Reiza credit for persevering and as they learn how to use the game engine things will get better. My time is now 50/50 split between AMS2 and RRE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    As said above, hop to the Reiza forum and ask help there. There must be something going on because the game really runs great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Kudos to them for this latest round of updates.. There's something there that's had me going back several times over now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That triangular track in Ecuador? is super fun to drive and it´s good to get away from the standar GT3 at Nurburgring combo that has been done to death in other sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It's getting better and better.
    Bought the racin usa dlc.
    Simply love long beach and the cadillac DPi... So so so much fun to drive.
    Lovin the torque these cars have including the no-abs.. :D great combo

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Crash??? I had AMS2 since day 1, never had a crash... are you running other software, low on RAM or disk space?

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Nope 32GB of RAM and 800gb of free space on the hard drive.

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up for anyone with a little money to burn and disappointed there was no RRE sale - AMS2 has all the euro track DLCs at half price plus Hockenheim at 75% off. Depending on Steam region this means these tracks are a steal as you get loads of historic and current layouts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    WOW SADLY WAY BETTER THAN RACE ROOM
    Just bought AMS2+1+Sesaonpass on the sale after they broken R3E FFb to me in latest update.
    I was super skeptical about Automobilista but it is realy good and looks stunning...the rain races are WOW.
    Seems like Race Room lost 5 more longtime players since 2013 to Automobilista².
    What happend to the promises Sector 3 made like this:
    on 2016 Christopher Speed announced RaceRoom would be replacing the RendR graphics engine with Unreal Engine 4 with RaceRoom's conversion to Unreal Engine 4 to be aided by a partnership with SimBin Studios UK who are utilising Unreal Engine 4 for GTR 3.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I doubt anyone will use UE4 as a graphics engine again after the experience of ACC - even they are giving it up on AC2. If RRE is not optimised for multi core, neither is ACC as it uses more cores and memory but to little avail as the FPS tanks.

Too much system resource drain for no benefits when compared with Madness engine or AC with SOL and CSP.

AMS2 is good and will only get better as it is at the beginning of its development phase but the low player base is what kills it and that in unlikely to change short term.

15. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    I think this as well but i am not asking for an Unreal 4 engine upgrade.
    Think more of a full new engine and game
    Also i do not care about system resources my System or any System in 2021 is running more than 1 CORE :D.
    Even my R3E Game Server PC has an old AMD Phenom 4 Core.
    But:
    #WILL THEY EVER DO WHAT Christopher Speed PROMISED?
    Upgrade to a new bette engine that supports mutlicore usage DX11,12,13,14 ??? advanced better Physics?
    After just playing 12h AMS2 with my friends and drive at night in rain (OMG SO AMAZING and i know R3E engine can do it as well)
    I am just disapointed from R3E at the moment and the latest FFB and throttlemap updates.
    As it breaks the game for me and a few friends (11friends of 24 R3E players) on Controller and on steering wheels...
    People wanna tell us the throttle is now more realistic and stuff :confused:
    Little example my pedal (3tpaPro) or pedals of my friends do NOTHING till 25%-33% throttle input...by the way thats a deadzone of 1/4 of the pedal.
    Than at 29% throttle you are allready at the limiter...LOL sorry AMS,Ac,ACC,IR even Dirt Rally 2.0 does way better like you can hold throttle in a corner. Only way to fix it is use DIview and set retarded
    In Race Room the throttle is like an On/Off switch now.
    Or other things like driving all time to the right with a Logitech controller or you can NOT do full throttle on a controller or steering angle broken.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  16. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I have the same pedals and don't have this problem. My throttle works fine without any deadzone.
    As far as I know the FFB update did not change anything regarding how the throttle works.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    As i do not want to argue any more and im tired of weak answeres like this(i dont have any problem blabla klick dislike) please here it is
    Sorry for OFFtopic

Its only on old Cars

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings: