Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    First to release a 2022 gen F1 clone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Not really
    Moders on AC were first but if you mean from official Games developers then you are right

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yup, official release is what I meant. The car is free, as is the 2022 Stock Car and new airport track.

No doubt there will be a 2022 liveries and driver skills mod incoming soon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The update is now out of beta status... And...its awesome, at least the formula gen2 car is just great. Only driven a few laps but i really like it so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know how much is placebo but the new stock cars seem very good to drive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The new release candidate is well worth installing. GT4s and quite a few more cars now go round corners in smooth arcs rather than the snappy stuff of before. This for me is similar to the move from tyres 4 to 4.1 in RRE.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Been trying the latest official update and can confirm the Gt4s are now on a par or even better than those in RRE.

Still not a fan of the Gt3s or Aussie Supercars, which move all oer the place even on a straight - I think they need more work.

8. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the Porsche cup car is quite nice now

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The game evolves quite nicely indeed.:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Automobilista 2 | Formula Ultimate Gen2 | Red Bull Ring

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    3 free new tracks added today to the RC, including Buenos Aires. Also on sale on Steam so a good time to try it out.

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I'd suggest hunting down keys from recent bundle, still way cheaper than directly from steam :p

14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It´s an interesting changelog and new free content is always appreciated but there are a number of long standing bugs they haven´t fixed plus unfinished DLC that has been pushed back time and time again - it´s just weird what their priorities are.

16. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    You cant deny they fix issues actually

but to me thats still the physics i am not comfortable with still too much lack of weight feel and low in turn inertia
    People on forum there suggest to tweak custom FFB file but thats time consuming and not so sucessful to reach my liking

17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    We don't know but i'm sure there are reasons why some things take longer. But i think nobody can complain since the sim has not bugs and unfinished features like rF2 for like 10 years has and S397 does not care about those.

18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Idk since i still have my old cheap Fanatec wheel with like 3NM and have zero issues. FFB is as strong as in other sims. I never used any Custom FFB files. I always use Default+

The Brasil Stock Cars i drove last month from the video in post #460 were a blast to drive and to catch that slide after finish line at the end ^^

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Well for every one they fix they create or bring back two old ones so it is a never ending story.

Right now the TC ABS disappearing in races and the player´s country flag displayed incorrectly in multiplayer are just two of them. There´s still a bunch of wrong info in the car stats and the Spa and RIng DLCs are missing tracks. Rear tyre temps are also much too oversensitive - after 1 lap or a couple of slides the grip is gone.

I was hoping that after 2 years we would have some stability on the physics and car setup front too but that was pure fantasy and it´s not that the changes are all good either as some cars feel better and others feel worse. I can only imagine what the early access release must have been like but the mid 2022 game iteration is still not a polished or finished product.

On the plus side, there is a lot more content and now we can access RC to help with bug reporting and testing but I think that until the multiplayer aspect is given an overhaul, it´s an inferior experience to RRE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Must be a specific car or class not ALL cars since i have not experienced that at all in the cars i drove. Also the new update is available. Maybe you try that first and see if that issue is fixed. Something about ABS is also included.