Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There´s been quite an interesting RC update for AMS2 today with the inclusion of Barcelona GP track in current format with and without chicane, an Indy 2023 clone and a Formula Junior car all for free trial, but what´s even more interesting is they have revised the handling of a number of single seater cars to reduce the snap oversteer/grip loss on acceleration that has been present in the game (also in RRE). For non pedal users, it´s a welcome change as the cars are easier to drive at lower speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Is it possible to get the RC candidate for someone who wasn't a backer? I'd love to try out Barcelona

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely!

AMS2 users can now select the latest release candidate, currently V1.4.8. - to access this build, right-click Automobilista 2 on your Steam Library, go into Properties -> Beta tab, and select the “ReleaseCandidate” branch for the dropdown menu.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...4-8-0-available-as-a-release-candidate.30929/

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Thanks much appreciated!!

6. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Honestly with that variety of cars, tracks, Rallycross as well as regular Updates incl. LeMans in the shelves, rF2 to me becomes more or less obsolete (bet sooner or later stuff like Sebring might come too) - maybe not from a more puristic simracers point of view (also in terms of Multiplayer Racing) - for which I can use RR and ACC for example - while AMS 2 as a easy to hop in Solo Player Racesim, that performs well, has most decent grafics for me personally is the way to go...runs absolutely okay with my CSL DD btw.
    Even AMS2 is based on PC 2 I see a lot of efforts from Reiza to make it the Project Cars 3 SM with their arcadish Sequel refused to do...and just remember RRE back in 2014 compared to what we have now...right ? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    That's an outstanding and well-founded analysis. You should consider doing it professionally.:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You're a Snob, right ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Don't argue with idiots !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think AMS2 suffered because it was thrown together in the beginning, the PC2.5 memes were basically true. I dip in now and again and to be honest the recent update to physics on the formula cars is pretty decent. They feel like I would expect now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Gamermuscle is an absolute whopper.

I rest my case.

14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    ignored and happy again:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    This conversation made zero sense until I logged out and saw Koly's posts again.:rolleyes:

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I can see how the car slides more than it should in that GamerMuscle video above. It's a high-df prototype on slick tyres, it's not supposed to slide so intensively. Do you guys not see that? Or do you only use low-df vintage/road cars for which this behavior is normal?

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    The dude drives about 10 secs off the pace with the steering wheel in his lap and talks about realism. Absurd.:D

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Plus he doesn't drive at all in real life and bases his entire knowledge off 1 go in a radical (presumably he was massively slow in that too).

If it doesn't feel like Assetto Corsa 1 then he thinks it's crap. He's literally the last person to be taking any advice from.

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That´s exactly what I have said all along - AMS2 ´s niche is precisely that type of non aero car although even with those there are some turds.
    It should mean the Rallycross cars are good, especially with dynamic track evolution. We´ll see if and when they can make the aero cars as good as they are in other games.

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    How's that relevant? This shouldn't make such car easier to slide and control the slide.