Automobilista

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thug-Life, Feb 28, 2016.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    try super trucks, the best car in the game :D

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Fixed that for you

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've got it but can't get AA to work either through game settings or gfx card settings (Nvidia 1050ti) so it looks really bad. Haven't played it at all really as a result of that which is a shame as there's some good content out there for it....

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Might check this as I use same card, but as far as i remember it was OK for me.

EDIT:
    Looks like something is messed up for me too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's something to do with a Windows update that caused a problem that was never fixed. There is a workaround but I haven't bothered to look into it properly yet.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Already tried the super trucks and it's really fun.

7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Love the Brazilian classics -and Opalas....and the Caterhams....and all the F1's and........Formula Truck....so much good stuff

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  8. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Good to read few people here have taste and really like AMS! As a backer of their public funding campaign, I am hoping the new game comes along at some point however their commitment to updating AMS is amazing. The 3 new cars aren't the final DLC, just a happy coincidence and it looks like more things are being added to improve night racing. The rF2 DLC is amazing too but I can't talk about it..

You need the Nvidia Inspector program and force the AMS AA to Diablo 3's AA solution.

I run the AA at 2xMSAA and 2x SSAA which provides decent solution without tanking performance. 4xMSAA should be fine for the 1050Ti.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    AMS is incredible! Have not used it much in last couple years due to lack of VR support, but lately I've been using it with Oddyssey+ through WMR and it looks and runs AMAZING!

Obviously I wish it was in VR but this will be OK for the next 3-5 years until Reiza shoots us AMS 2.:D

10. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ok now you tell us how you did please :eek:

11. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Its just like running it on your monitor but your using your HMD as the screen. Its nice because you can make the screen as big as you want and position it wherever you want.

I was using Virtual desktop with the Rift but he Oddyssey and WMR works so much better.

12. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem with AA but this definitely solved the problem, thanks.

13. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    not bad but how can display only on Oculus Home AMS? because I tried using virtual desktop and I still have the sound of my home + the screen cannot fill all my view and the FPS are not so good.

14. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about the sound, but you can adjust the virtual desktop screen as big and as close as you want. You can also curve the screen and position it exactly where you want it. Try to line it up with your real life wheel, it is much more immersive. Again this is only a stopgap approach until true VR comes from Reiza.

The fps is not as good as WMR but with virtual desktop you can up the super sampling a bit.

15. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    So far this is one of my favorite cars in AMS, the poor-mans Porsche. 146hp/760kg and 38/62 weight distribution is a good recipe for fun.

[​IMG]

16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You could try if AMS launches with vorpX as 3D in your HMD.
    Did that with OMSI2 and it works. but it's not that easy and far from perfect.

Just read before buying vorpX or someone should test it.

17. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think I saw a guide about VorpX on RaceDepartment some time ago, but it was in Brazilian. So it must have worked at One point

18. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    what are the steps to run it like that?

19. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

If you are using a Windows VR headset just go to Cliff House and stick a desktop window on the wall and adjust it to your liking. If your using Oculus or Vive you can do the same but with Virtual Desktop.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yes I researched the Vorox solution, apparently it works but quite a few files and programs have to be installed to get it working with Rfactor 1 based Sims. A bit over my head.