Bug Autopitlane during a race despite it being set to off

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB 3vil, Jan 23, 2019.

1. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    In practise & qualifying my car is under manual control. The pitlimter is already on the car moves under my command and the throttle is under my control. On pit exit the limiter turns itself off.

In a DTm92 race i call up the pit menu toggle (not the request) and set front tyres to green (change) only and pressed the confirm button and got the bepp beep confirmation sound. Entered the pits and going across the line the game takes control of the car (autopitlane). All tyres get changed and I have a 28sec pitstop. I end up at the back of the pack (was 3rd) as everyone else has had shorter pit lane time than I have.

Previous weeks to this I did have auto-pitlane on. In a Formula-X race I started on white tyres(mediums) come pit stop i wanted to change to more mediums and i used pitstop request (not toggle) and my tyre changes was pre set under a strategy and once in the pits i was given orange (hards) I tried again some laps later and the same thing orange hards. I came to the conclusion auto pitlane was the cause of the issue so from then on I set it to manual pit control but im still getting it as described above.

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You should have full manual control of your car, including manually activating/deactivating the limiter if auto-pit is off. If the limiter is already on and switches itself off as you exit the pits, then it's a sign that the game thinks auto-pitting is still enabled. (Even with auto-pitting you still have steering/throttle control when leaving the pits in practice/qualy.) Perhaps switching it off isn't sticking? Perhaps you could delete your game_options file and see if that works? It'd mean setting all your options again but might resolve this issue.

3. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

I do, i can turn the limiter off anytime , however in all cases its already on when i leave the garage. I never have to touch it to ensure its on and i dont speed in the pits.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok. It still sounds like a bug as on Tuesday (online) the limiter was off by default as soon as I switched auto-pit off. Did you try deleting your options file? (You can make a backup first, so if it doesn't work you can just drop it back in without having to reset everything.)

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I've deleted everything bar my replay files. Not been back on RRE to re set everything yet

6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ok i went back on today. all new profile as i had deleted eveything. after setting keybinds for the dashboard/wheel accessories etc and turned off autopitlane i went to a solo practise session in the same car. exiting garage the limter was OFF and had to turn it on and manualk control was in full effect. On track i called up pit rquest which auto selects the confirm pit button, and the options were grey, i set the fronts to green/change. entering pits limiter on and i was still in control. stopped in the pit and 16 secs passed and away i went which is a front only change as i had demanded, quite the opposite of the race earlier this week where the same option changed all 4 tyres and i was in the pits for 28+ secs.

So something was causing me horrid pit stop experiences, what it was i do not know but a full profile deletion and remaking of later seems to have fixed it. I wonder if the third party UI editor app i found on this forum caused some sort of glitch? Im not using it after the full profile folders deletion., As i said before i had the auto pit option off but the issues still happened as mentioned in the OP

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That's really weird. I'm not sure how the UI editor would affect it as they shouldn't be related, but at least you've got it fixed now!

8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure either but thats the only 3rd party tweaking i did to the game. The rest was setting things in game.