Ban and kick feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RealStriker, Mar 22, 2018.

1. RealStriker

RealStriker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Servus,

I wanna ask, if is possible to add a ban and kick function for the server tools. It's absolutly annoying if you're practicing on a public server for a race which is on the weekend f.e. and there're always any players who are trolling an ramming all the time. I want to race with other people but it should be possible to kick or ban people from our own servers if they are trolling or ramming especially if we are paying money for the servers...

Best regards

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    so true, j.j amadea did even stopping leading group a whole 30 min race, we could do nothin about these stupid ones

3. FireFreak1992

FireFreak1992 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It was just so annoying. This needs to be Fixed..

4. FireFreak1992

FireFreak1992 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just recorded his whole race. I sincerely hope "drivers" like this can be banned in the future because this is just killing this game for everyone who's involved in actions like these. If you need any info you can contact me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I suggest to train for community racing with leaderboard challenges. You can always improve by challenging faster drivers, watch their lines, breaking points and so on. I think it makes no sense to train on open/public servers... and if you want to jump into instant racing, I suggest SRS...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RealStriker

RealStriker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thomas, where's the sense if you want to practice with your racemates if you're practicing in the leaderboards? Can you test together? - No
    Can you test the usage of your fuel and your tire wear? -No

Why should we go to the leaderboards if we are paying money for our RaceRoom Server? Does it make sense? NO! It's just fucking annoying that people like him can't be banned permanently from our own server's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    ˋyour own serversˋ? So it was a dedicated one? Than use a password... and yes, I practice with my team mate, everyone with the leaderboard, talking to each other on discord. And the fuel strategy I plan with CC and then do a single player race to prove it... and if we want to have fun together we join a practice server from the community, if available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A feature that was in 2004 sims.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I don’t want to say, that I wouldn’t appreciate a ban option, but you have to deal with ‚as is‘ and therefore my suggestions are reasonable... at least I think...:)
    …and with SRS there is a great alternative to public server now available…

10. RealStriker

RealStriker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We want to test and drive with our mates of the community. We also agree other racer on the server but not driver like him.

11. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I see, but than the best thing would be a community dedicated server with password I think... and don’t get me wrong, I don’t like those people, ruining others races, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FireFreak1992

FireFreak1992 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The problem with the SRS system is that you cannot practice on a specific track wich we need to do. In my opinion Leaderboards are good for learning a track and fixing small issues you have with it. It's not good to look for oportunities to overtake and such. And especially in multiclass racing there is no better way than on a Server with the exact settings wich the race will have. All we are doing here is trying to make a point that this feature needs to be added to the Dedicated Server tool so people can race with anyone but can get rid of people who are only out for blood.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you’re right, SRS was just mentioned by me as an alternative for public servers.

I see your point and I agree! For racing practice, like sorting out different lines for defending or overtaking this would be a great option to do an open dedicated server, fill it up with guys, do cool racing and than sort the rammers out....

14. FireFreak1992

FireFreak1992 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to point out how far some people go with the video. Even waiting on track for someone to come around and then hitting him. That was an extreme Case but none the less, it's very annoying :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Oliver Fischer

Oliver Fischer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whoever is driving in this video needs to get on the Leaderboards and learn how to drive, had to stop watching after the straight on the first lap, as it was giving me flashbacks of hours wasted in the online open servers. If you throw people of differing abilities on a race track, what do you expect other than carnage. As Thomas Friedrich has already said, password protect your own dedi server and problem solved, train to your hearts content. If for some reason setting up a server is not possible then there is a plethora of clubs that welcome newcomers with open arms, Race Department, Raceroomers, Virtual racing.............. the list goes on and on. The trouble with a ban button is it's a two edged sword, on one hand idiots can be ejected, Wahoo, on the other, faster drivers can be banned for being quicker than the Host, Boo.
    The best way in my opinion is post a video showing the numbnutts driving (making sure driver names are on) and shame them into getting better or disappearing. Has worked on a few occasions in the past, won't mention any names, as like I said, they've upped their game.
    The most important skill in online racing is spacial awareness, so Crew Chief, Virtual mirror and looking behind regularly, unfortunately this is the skill that most gamers neglect to perfect or even adhere to.
    Of course S3 have promised it's own ranking system (Soon™) but wouldn't hold ones breath for that one.
    If you want to play with your mates, then dedi server, If you want to improve, find a club in your region and race regularly against faster drivers. The majority of clubs will have practice, password protected servers running 24/7.

17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I'll ask how do you want the ban feature to be implemented. A vote? First thing that will happen is trolls will bunch up and ban everyone they like. And you can forget playing on open servers. The other option is to have server admins with ban/kick rights, but do you really think you'll find people to sit on servers 24/7? Just password protect your servers and spam @RaceRoom to hurry up with reputation system.

18. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Actually yes. There were multiple servers working like this in GTR2 and RACE 07. Mind you, some admins got more salty than others but for the most part it was enjoyable. You could have a good 5-6 hour window with at least 1 admin on managing all the wreckers. Plus it helps build close communities, unlike matchmaking.

19. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This is all you need. Even if you can't always watch at least when you do you have the power over your own server. And you don't always want passwords since sometimes you want to invite random people but you want to kick/ban wreckers. Admin tools is a better way than votekick because usually you don't know what you're voting for if you didn't see the incidents/wrecks

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. baronkg

baronkg Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I would just add on those two function server restart with command in chat.