BAN for Aline Senna on multiplayer race !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deni Kremer, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

Wow 15 pages for only one person ? You guys have too much time....really.

Dont feed the trolls...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hi @maxx2504 ,
    welcome, u're a part of it!;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I play single player only for the most part. The reason I do single player has nothing to do with crashers though, ironically. There are a decent amount of crashers, but they are easy to avoid most of the time. I have suggested there be a safety rating system for multiplayer servers in one of my previous post. I still think it should be added to the game to prevent griefing.

I am not as good as most of the people I play with. I am rarely last, but almost never first. I am not a crasher, just slower. I play this sim because I like it. I wish I was as good as the best, but I am not.

You don't always have to be a crasher to suck. LOL

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom doesn't work with family sharing because of the in-game account that is linked to your steam account.

"Can all Steam games be shared with friends and family?
    No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts." http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing?l=english

Haven't tested it personally, but several user reports indicate that the game won't even start if you enable family sharing in Steam, f.e.: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/buy-button-instead-of-play.2916/#post-32040

Of course all of this doesn't prevent anybody from simply sharing his/her steam account credentials...

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    On the contrary, back then at least, this guy was wasting people's time by driving like an ass. Hence the "please ban" thread.

These days I believe they are rehabilitated.

6. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    why no vote for ghost ? would be very easy to get rid of crashers !

• Like Like x 1
  7. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry, but it doesn't appear rehabilitated.

Right after my post I went in the game to see how multiplayer is now. Its been a while. I did a Monza server. It had 8 or so. I joined right before the race. First turn rammer, got the 2 guys in front of me, then another got the other 3. I got the lead as slowly drove around the chaos.:laughing: I kept seeing so and so got stop and go. I figured i had a free win but, I got crashed out too. I just alt f4'd, and went back to my haven called Single Player. There was 2 crashers, but I can't for the life of me remember their names.

I see its more populated than it used to be. Rehabbed??? No way man.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess Fischhaltefolie meant the two guys in that thread who collided back then and started a catfight 'bout it...;)
    Anyway, instead of licensing car after car S3 should start providing a better Multiplayer System by now....overdue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Programmers are separate from the car artists and so on and so forth... this could be repeated ad nauseum.

Beside that, MP isnt really bad in any way. It does what it intends to do. You can have perfectly competitive races and plan out some strategy with pit stops for example. Could there be more features? Well, surely... There could always be more features. But there is nothing that we are missing right now from preventing us from having good, solid races :)

Well, I mean... You are still driving in a public lobby... Racing in public lobbies has never been perfect in any game, ever.

You will either have drastically different skill levels competing together, where the slower people become liabilities on the track. Or people that arent very experienced and make racing difficult.

Nothing new here. Although you can certainly still have great races online. It just might not happen every single race you attempt. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't complaining. Regardless of crashers, unless I am racing my real life friend I have no expectation of a win. However I am about 6 seconds faster the game's ai at 100. I can only imagine how much faster these guys that whoop my butt are than the ai. I prefer the solo, because I like to slide around for fun after a few decent laps.

11. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    In my experience there seems to be drastically different versions of 'Aline' that you may run into. I've raced with them multiple times and it's nearly impossible to predict which one you'll get. Sometimes you get the clean and fast racer, sometimes you get the railroader that sticks to their line no matter what, sometimes you get the chat rager, sometimes you get the super sloppy racer.

It honestly feels as if up to 10 people share the account considering just how ridiculously drastic the actions, and sometimes chat messages, are of this one individual.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If you are honest that could be easily taken as an all-time excuse, also the fact they are a small team but strictly spoken the main efforts should always be undertaken there where the (main and most annoying) flaws and bugs are, don't you think (no matter what) ?
    Also S3 might be the wrong address anyway and we should bombard Race Room with feedback and complaints for a while...

13. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Senna the fucking Rammerb...h!!!
    Alle races she can not drive and killing then all other driver.
    Everyday again and again.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But couldn't you cast that criticism at almost any (production based) company? I can't think of too many companies right now whose *main effort* is put into fixing their already released products. The main effort for most companies is innovation, cause in a competitive market economy that's the most reasonable strategy for a companies long-term survival.

And as always, bear in mind the patchnotes. In the past half year they added
    • increased session lenght,
    • refuelling and fuel management,
    • additional FFB options and profiles,
    • loading/saving of setups,
    • physics overhauls for several existing classes,
    • bigger grids for all tracks,
    • new TV cameras for many tracks,
    • the garage phase
    plus many small things like the brake vibration for Fanatec pedals and fixing a ton of bugs (visuals, memory usage, join lag....). In the end it always comes down to priorities, and many people have been asking for the features they added lately for a long time.
    It's not like I disagree, there's plenty more things that'd be nice or even essential to have. But at some point sb has to decide what's most important/valuable for the project, saving setups or a new in-game chat system (just a random example, not saying that this was an actual choice that was made).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No, the main effort for most companies nowadays is profit at all cost, which is not neccessarily all companies fault, but due to the neoliberal fairy tales of allegedly free markets (nothing against free markets but under the actual economic order its just an illusion) and financial/economic high-risk policy of global players incl. supporting governmental actions in the investement line.

Sry, but sometimes you sound like a pre-progammed robot, Chris :)

And what I said before is not about "Attack & Defense"....in the end you're a consumer/customer like me ...

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Invalid input...can't compute.
    [​IMG]
    :D

Well, (making) profit isn't really an effort, it's more of an aim, innit? The effort is what you do to reach that aim.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    *Edit by moderator.
    Watch your language.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  18. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    She got given a chance a over a year ago and clearly don't give a shit.

*Edit by Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  19. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Profits just means that both parties benefit from the trade, "profit at all cost" is the creed everybody in the world lives by, you and me included. There is nothing wrong with trying to make a profit at all cost. Companies like you said that are trying to make a profit at all cost are trying to satisfy their customer base the best they can while trying to grow it too, are always going to go for the safest, most cost effective option to guarantee profits. In the end its the customers themselves that are the regulators of the companies. The moment that it looks like they're image as a good online competitor begins to diminish and starts to cost them or appears that it will, they will change it in a heart beat.

20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yes i think i spoke too soon, did a race at Hockenheim with DTM15 and I believe right off the start it made a hard left into the pack, causing a massive shunt.

It's a shame since outside of the 1 or 2 like this, most in the primetime hours are respectable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.