News Bentley Continental GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    dunno how people can call that noise? almost sounds like a jet engine :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - unfortunalty the BMW M6 GT3 is barely hearable in a field of other GT3-Cars.
    The new Mercedes AMG GT3 sounds IMO slightly different to the SLS. I would say a bit more distorted in comparison to the SLS which has a very low pitched, clean and growling sound

3. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Wouldnt expect a huge difference since the AMG GT GT3... lol. Using the same 6.2 Litre V8 as the old SLS.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've seen and heard both in real life... there is not much but there is a difference...

Using the same engine does not necessarily mean, that it sounds exactly same. slight difference in engine-mapping, different air-restrictor and different form of exhaust-manifold and -pipes can make much difference...

btw the GT3-Version from the AMG GT is just called AMG GT3

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Like @m.bohlken I have also heard both, the old SLS GT3 and the new AMG GT3 in real life. While both have similar growling V8 basic sounds, there is quite a differece between them. The AMG GT3 sonds are louder, more distorted and more raw. TBH the word that came to my mind when hearing the old SLS GT3 was "boring". You could hardly hear the engine rev up while accelerating, it was just kind of "bubbling" around the track. The AMG GT3 sounds a lot better to me.

6. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The AMG GT3 certainly didn't sound boring at Silverstone, though the Jaguar sounded monstrous! :)

7. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I think "we" need this livery :cool:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    The Bentley sounds fantastic in 3rd! Awesome, just fun to drive because of the sound. But the Nissan sounds totally wrong. The sound while shifting is wired

9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Am hoping S3 are going to do a good job modelling the sound of the new AMG GT3 too, that's another great sounding GT3 car in real life, who needs a turbo when you have some huge capacity lump under the bonnet? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Do I am alone to think that they put a Playmobile stearing wheel in this Bentley ? I always play with cockpit view and if I want to see the track I've to set the seat up and so the stearing wheel seems to be tiny and put on the floor of the car..

11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The cockpit view of the Bentley is not made for gamers. For me a sad thing, because i would love to drive it, but with this cockpit view imho ridicolous,

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yes agree it does also put me of driving the Bentley, but the cockpit is not design for gamers, it was built for real life racing, also it is not the present cockpit which was redesigned the following year, and I very much doubt S3 would be aloud to alter it to suit gamers, and if you look at the Pcars version it has the same problem for the same reason, hopefully we will get the later version one day.

13. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    What dont you like about the Bentley cockpit? What makes it "not made for gamers"?

14. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I would guess they are discussing the fact that with most FOV settings the steering wheel is nearly impossible to see without dropping the camera height, but when you drop the camera height you can't see over the dash anymore. In real life this is not a problem as you can simply drop your eyes slightly to see the information on the wheel, but without access to a VR headset this becomes highly difficult inside R3E.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I see! I was wondering, I guess I missed the beginning of that convo.

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It does not bother me in pCars, since I use a stick on my Fanatec wheel to look around in the cockpit if/when needed, a control I desperately need in R3E, as is the possibility to change inclination of the seat (pitch).
    The lack of it keeps me from buying some cars. I also wish R3E would pay some more attention to the cockpits.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  17. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The 3d model position of the seat is wrong in the Bentley, from outside the car it looks perfect, but driving cockpit view if you line your helmet up with the head support on the seat and look left or right you cant see out of the window, its way too low down.

18. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Can't you just raise the view for it?

19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No, because then the Wheel is not longe visible.

20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You know you can, but that is besides the point and too easy, so you raise your head\driving view to something close to the correct height and everything is out of place or wrong, e.g. the helmet support is suddenly around your chest\shoulders not head\neck, its not a gamebreaker but its the little things that seem unimportant that put people off.