News Bentley Continental GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 30, 2015.

1. F19_CoNa

F19_CoNa Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    That is not the GT3 we have in R3E though. Sure, the GR3-R is loud compared to other street cars but the comparison was just not correct. Many tracks have db limits, so I think most GT3s are at that limit but not above.

Then again, I would not mind to be able to set the engine noise to 120-130% in game for all cars, so in that I agree totally with you.

Edit: Christian beat me to it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, you can't compare the car in that video with the GT3-Racecar. In a modern streetcar a lot of Sound-Engineers create the sound that is wanted for it. In a Racecar its all about performance and the sound is just is result of it.
    But IMO the car ingame can be a bit louder as in real life the car is really a bit louder in comparison to the SLS or R8 vor example.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can always go the Spinal Tap way, turn it up to 11. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Get some bigger monitor speakers plus a subwoofer, problem solved :)

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Nope... that would increase the volume for everything and not only the Bentley ;)

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well then turn everything except your own cars sound down a notch and raise the overall volume. ^^

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys... whats up? its not about the internal sound... its the external...

I'm not sure if you've heard the GT3-cars in real life. If you had, you would know what I mean...

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Actually I thought it was about the cars volume when driving (probably cause that's what I mostly do, not a big replay watcher), and I just know that what I described above did the trick for me, when driving. You can set the volume for pretty much every sound source in the game independently, so that's what I did, turned down exterior sounds, opponent cars etc volume and raised the overall volume, which resulted in my car being a tad louder, just like I wanted it.

Thought it was only about loudness, not the "meatiness" of the engine.

9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I would say they engine sound is a bit too quiet in cockpit.

I mean you can only hear how it's rotating (not sure what actually makes that noise - are those pistons? Or gearbox?) but it's roar its barely hearable.

Here's POV from Daniel Abt

And here's random video from Youtube

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Damn the real life Bentley is a loud screaming machine. They are definitely different.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  11. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    If there is one critique to make on the audio in this game I would say the transmission whine isn't quite right. It currently seems to be based on the engine rpms whereas in onboard videos the pitch increases steadily throughout the gears. I don't know enough about these transmissions to know what generates the whine but to me it sounds like the pitch is determined more by wheel speed than the engine rpm. There are certainly exceptions though like when this Audi shifts into 4th or 5th gear and the pitch completely changes.

12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - thats right, but you will notice it in a race, too. For example when you are driving behind, passing or being passed by a Bentley. Having the Bentley alone I'm quite happy with the sound. It's just that it should be a little bit louder in comparison to the other cars.

I've posted my "Loudness"-Ranking from the ADAC GTM 2015-Cars (the external for sure) based on my experience from last years Race in Oschersleben a few posts before in this Topic:
    1. BMW Z4
    2. Reiter Camaro
    3. Bentley GT3
    4. Mercedes SLS
    5. Corvette Z06
    6. Audi
    7. Nissan
    8. Porsche

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah, now I got it. Sorry, haven't read all posts in this thread.
    So it's about the relative loudness amongst the cars, not in general.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Comparing it with the same year bentley onboard i have to say that is almost same, reducing the tyre squeaking noise will be better.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

That audio quality is very very bad...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I agree but that isn't the point. The reason I posted that video was an example of the pitch of transmission whine being independent of engine rpm and, in the case or the Audi, wheel speed. If you can get past the quality you can hear the pitch of the whine jump much higher in 4th. The video you posted is a good example of engine audio but there is very little transmission whine which is what I was referring to based on the Bentley onboard and R3E footage comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flavio Santos

Flavio Santos Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    That car is a Bentley GT3-R diferent specs ! maybe the interior and the extra chair the sound of the pipes on the track version is on the sides close to the front wheels and im quite positive that no road legal version is meant to sound that loud , but the car also have a switch that minimises the Dbs , still in game sounds very very quiet .

19. Flavio Santos

Flavio Santos Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    finally

Attached Files:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I was at the Blancpain GT Endurance event at Silverstone yesterday, of the cars racing there the three that had the loudest and most distinctive growl to them were:

1) Jaguar (simply awesome sound!)
    2) Bentley
    3) Mercedes

The new BMW was one of the quietest...

Last edited: May 17, 2016