Best AI of them all!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vvPULSEvv, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Send your IRacing money to rre;)

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Alex! I have one bit of general feedback (1) and two specific (2 & 3):

(1) At the start of a race (most tracks) it is too easy to find a path around the outside (or inside or even through the middle!) of the AI into turn 1 and sometimes subsequent turns. It would be great if they could 'look for gaps' like I do so all options are used. Example: at Zhejiang I just passed 8 cars (FR3s) around the outside at Turn 1 with AI set to 108. From there on the racing was brilliant.

(2) Zhejiang Turns 5/6 and 8/9 - FR3 AI are a little hesitant/slow out of Turns 5 and 8.

(3) Zhejiang Turn 13 - FR3 AI are too hesitant going in and they block my passing attempts so I almost hit them from behind. They are then very quick out of T13 (as though they took it properly so pace is fine) despite their hesitancy going in.

[EDIT: I went back in and did a 10 lap race at AI=108 just to confirm points (2) and (3) and I am now less convinced there's a fix needed. Lap 1 Turn 1 is still an issue though.]

upload_2020-8-28_13-45-29.png

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  3. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ai take a really bad cut at T11 of Indy road course. Noticed they do it especially when in combat not so much on their own.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  4. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    can i just add bought the porsche grpC, best car in Raceroom by a mile. Just did a few races back to back and the concentration oh my!! thats my marker of a true sim car!

thanks guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Another one that might be helpful...

Nordschliefe (24-hour) / WTCR 19 / AI=105

Turn 1 - AI are VERY tentative (especially in a pack). They slow down too much for the turn and then are slowish out of T1 on the GP circuit.

Metzgesfeld - I love how the AI makes mistakes but the errors here, which occur just after the kink going in (AI run wide and spin) are too predictable. If you are up the back of the field you can be sure to get a yellow on two laps out of three. I realise its a very fine balance between allowing AI to mess up and having them on rails. If in doubt... let them mess up.

upload_2020-10-19_10-5-5.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Could it actually be, that (lower classes) AI reacts to flashing of the lights by the player?

I was doing Road America with the Audi R18 against P1/P2 and GT3 and i had the feeling, AI was leaving a bit more space through some corners, when flashing them before passing.:confused: