Problem Best lap time not counted (in competition modus)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by UnSpawnable, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this bug and it have nothing to do with connection that is for shore I am on a 10MGbit fiber optic conection in sweden 2 hours from S3S office... I have experiance this bug for some time now, even if you have a gost and beat your previous time when a ghost is chalange you do not get a new time unless you beat the chalange ghost. I tryed with different cars leaderboard chalanges and competition it is all the same. A new best laptime doesn't always count, what I seen about 3-4 time out of 10 best time you might get a new one. Last competition I tried was the AMG Merc. competition and I tryed a hole day beat my on time using a faster ghost, at the end of the day about 5-6 time I got seconds faster time than my prebious but I didn't give me a new best time.
    The ghost was better a difference on cople hundreds of a sec. So I gave it up since I didn't get my on best time as I did beat my own previous best time severly, but ther is no record of it.! :oops:

It is like the game only look at the ghost time and ignore the players previous so if you don't beat the ghost it miss out that the player actualy advance his time,.. o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Almost exactly how I put it in my report. ;)
    So now that the hard part of reporting it is done, the devs *only* have to fix it. ^^

Thanks for confirming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problems mentioned in this thread, time not updated after a faster lap, and it happend to me in several instances, not just once, and not only on a specific day, it has been hapening for some time now... anyway it would be nice if this problem got fixed, very annoying especially when you want to take part in a time attack style competition

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    As @Christian Göpfert has pointed out, we're aware of the issue and will fix it.
    In the mean time, there is a way to work around this bug as it only seems to occur in one specific situation.

This bug occurs if you launch the Leaderboard Challenge session from a leaderboard and the following is true:
    • The leaderboard is filtered by Car class instead of a single car
    • You have a previous entry on this leaderboard
    • The car you've selected to use is not the same car that you used to record your previous entry on the leaderboard
    If these three conditions are true, then any lap time you set will not be properly recorded. Furthermore, you will notice that if you filter the leaderboard by the car you used in your new attempt, the entry for this car has the same lap time as your previous best lap time.

To work around this bug you simply need to either:
    • Start Leaderboard Challenges from the Leaderboard Challenge screen in the game instead of from the Leaderboards
    • Start Leaderboard Challenges from a leaderboard that is filtered by a single car instead of a Car class
    During testing, any run that was recorded in these conditions were correctly recorded on the leaderboards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    for me the problem occured in the DTM AMG championship not leaderboard challenge, so setting times with different cars is not the case in my situation, just saying...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    That's because there are two different issues that are being discussed in the thread that result in similar problems. The workaround above is for one of those problems, unfortunately not the one that you or CM_ are experiencing.

From what I can see in our database, the lap times recorded there match up with the one I can see in the leaderboards for the competitions. It would be interesting to see the Game.log and MWTransport.log from one of the sessions in which you encountered this problem.
    These files are located here: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

The launcher.log would also be helpful and is located here: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

If it is easier for you, you could attach these to a ticket on our helpdesk instead: http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I allready understood that there are two issues, I just wanted to point out what happend to me in case it might help, because I see that this issue affects less users.

anyway thanks for taking the time to try and help people out, also I found the folder you are talking about but there are too many files and I can't pinpoint the exact one that coresponds to my session because I can't remember the exact hour when it happend. but in case the game rewrites in this location I will do an archive of the folder as it stands now and if you want, you can pm me an email address where I can send that archive to you if that helps, let me know

PS: I forgot to mention that the last time that the bug happend to me was on Lausitzring if I remember correct with the AMG DTM, and eventhough my first fast lap of the session wasn't recorder which was around -0.4 my current time at the moment, after more laps I managed to get the time down by the same amount and that session was recorded, but it was done in steps ( 0.18 and another 0.20 something ) rather then in one step as I managed the first lap that wasn't recorded.

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that folder fills up rather quick as we create new logs every time the game is launched. The easiest way for you to find the right one is to wait for the next time this problem happens again. Then you can just exit the game and take the latest versions of those files and send them to us.

As I said you can either create a ticket on our helpdesk http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/ which will allow you to attach files to send to us. I check that inbox it every workday so it is the most likely to have a quick response.

9. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Laps not being recorded on leaderboard, ticket sent with log.

10. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thx for help Hanenes,

Unfortunately, I did as You said but on Hockenheim GP, but It didn't Work. There's no my leaderboard time.

11. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have same problems with no leaderboard time on DTM 2015 get real with:
    Hockenheim GP
    Zandvoort GP
    Moscow full
    Moscow FIM
    Norisring
    Nurburgring GP
    Nurburgring sprint
    Spielberg
    I did as R3E said From leaderboard chalenges and car type. I tryed all combinations and nothing.
    Please dont reply if You are not R3E crew member because they are professionals in this field ad hope that they will fix it, hope so soon because all comunity have this frustrating problem.

Apeal on R3E, please help as soo as possible.

thx,