News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    True enough.
    Then again, if you're just blithely stating opinions as facts, don't be surprised if people don't take you seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Why were you in your cat in the 1st place??

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    that is the issue right? thinking that whatever you write here is the truth.
    They are just opinion , mine was my point of view.

4. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    "This is what is happening.....but i don't have the facts...so it's just my opinion really!" #Facepalm

5. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough. But you stated that less people were enjoying the ranked servers because of the rule-change, when you have no way of knowing.
    And the reaction was fairly predictable. ;)

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I 100% agree. It now is a 55 plus minute commitment for a single race. And it’s easy to see the the numbers as the gt3 servers are now not full.

Ive stopped playing. Practice is for single player, as it stands now I go into the server during practice and walk away from the computer for 20+ minutes.

Look how many people are completing even one lap during practice and you can see I’m not alone.

I understand the reasoning and I’ve had laps ruined due to someone joining and causing a pause. But this is rough and unfun.

I do wish at some point we could simply introduce the 110% rule most of auto racing has. If you can’t qualify within that lap time - your out. This would force people to qualify and not be too slow for the competition. Maybe for advanced servers down the line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Isnt it 20 minutes practice, 10 minutes quali and 20 minutes (or a little more on some servers?) race? In that case you could just join a minute or two before the end of practice. If servers arent completely full you should still be able to get a spot and it reduces the amount of time spent to 35ish minutes.
    A less filled gt3 server could have other causes as well ;) If i hadnt stumbled across a comment on here i wouldnt have known you can no longer join during quali, the longer races i saw on some server(s) put me off a little and judging by raveys comment on the last page time of day progression is currently enabled on the gt3 servers which would be another reason not to join for me. So for me there are at least 3 reasons not to join that have nothing to do with me not wanting to do a practice session (although i definitely dont want to do that either :D allen iverson wasnt a huge fan of practice and neither am i ;))
    A 110% rule would be kinda nice tho

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    To be totally fair he said that he's not enjoying it anymore. That's less people... By one at least.

And to be serious I think or hope J-F watches how rule changes affect player count and number of incidents or otherwise quality of racing. We're still in "beta" and experiments will happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    10'p+10'q+20'r would seem to be the most logical compromise. Why should practice and qually combined last longer than a race?
    Also, if you don´t own a track then you could be waiting almost an hour for the next rotation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    He's constantly in the discord channel discussing and debating various Ranking ideas & issues, as you say this is still beta and a lot can be learnt and experimented with during this period.

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Last comment on this as I think I am speaking to the wall here.

Anything I say or you say on this forum is an opinion and not a fact.
    You can bring examples to support your opinion but it is not mandatory and this is what happened in my case.
    Mind you other people are actually supporting my thought that multiplayer at the moment is less enjoyable with the new rule.

Spoiler Alert : this is my opinion..

12. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

...and without the Facts to backup your original claim, it's a pretty worthless opinion :)

Take Care

• Like Like x 1
  13. Florent Hiquet

Florent Hiquet New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I would really like a schedule to be implemented so that we can train before going to the ranked servers.
    In state these servers are reserved for the elite who master all the tracks.
    I appreciate the direction taken for the moment but I hope that it will evolve very soon.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There are several single player modes that are better for learning tracks. If you click on a server you can see what the track rotation is quite easily.

15. Florent Hiquet

Florent Hiquet New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not easily to know which race will take place at 9 p.m.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok I see what you mean. At the moment it's not possible as the servers just continuously roll, if no race happens then the server does not roll until a race is completed. I think the longer term plan is to implement scheduled races but I have no idea if/when this will happen.

I'd suggest in the meantime you have a look at https://raceroom.justrace.net/ , they run their own ranking system with scheduled races that you can sign up for in advance. It's actually a very nice system once you have it set up.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Burt Read

Burt Read New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I much prefer being able to join in qualifying. Just my opinion of coarse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you. I wanted to change the car while I'm already in qualifying but I couldn't get in again.
    Guys here believe their rules are the best no matter what others say.
    Now I hope they know how to count those "agree" marks.
    Edit: I said "agree", not "disagree"
    Chill

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon , can you comment on this?
    Can we have same Slots where we can join on qualifying?

The rule to join only from practice seems to be quite restrictive in some cases.
    For example,myself, I would like to open steam/open raceroom/ and get into a multiplayer rated and play instead of waiting the next slot in practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Kinda goes both ways, doesn't it?
    Presumably you wouldn't be raising the point if you didn't think your version was better.